Official Discussion Thread of the 2009 Formula 1 Season

Don't remember where it was brought up but someone suggested that perhaps Martin Brundle is a Jag man because of the way he does his grid walk. The answer has been found, according to Jake Humphrey's blog about the Belgian Grand Prix it is revealed that he is in fact a Jaaaag man.
Anyway, I'd better go. The production team have cleared their desks, Martin has already left to drive his gorgeous red E-Type Jag back to Norfolk, and my own Liege Airport-to-Luton-to-Richmond journey is about to begin.
Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jakehumphrey/2009/08/they_say_you_always_remember.html

Don't remember where it was brought up but someone suggested that perhaps Martin Brundle is a Jag man because of the way he does his grid walk. The answer has been found, according to Jake Humphrey's blog about the Belgian Grand Prix it is revealed that he is in fact a Jaaaag man.

Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jakehumphrey/2009/08/they_say_you_always_remember.html

Damn right he's a Jag man. For God's sake, he raced at Le Mans for TWR Jaguar and won in a Jaguar. :lol:

And he drove the Jaguar XJ220 on it's official speed record back in '92. :)

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2009/9/9942.html

Ask the Expert - Ferrari's Felipe Massa

Which driver clinched Ferrari?s first Formula One win at the 1951 British Grand Prix? How tall are the towers of Sao Paulo?s See Metropolitan Cathedral? How many goals did Brazilian football great Pele score during his professional career? How many points did Michael Schumacher accrue?

These are just some of the questions we thought Ferrari?s Felipe Massa would take in his stride after he agreed to participate in our personal trivia test, ?Ask the Expert?...

Q: Ferrari?s famous Prancing Horse was inspired by which flying Italian Count?
Felipe Massa: If I remember correctly, his name was Count Baracca. Enzo Ferrari and his brother Dino I think had some sort of personal relationships to the Baraccas.
Correct - Count Francesco Baracca, an Italian Air Force ace during World War One, used to paint a horse on the side of his planes.

Q: Your first Formula One team mate was Nick Heidfeld at Sauber. How many F1 podiums has Heidfeld scored?
FM: Oh la la la la, let me see? it must be 11 or 12.
Correct - 12.

Q: You clinched your first F1 podium at the 2006 European Grand Prix, after finishing third. Who else was on the podium with you at that race?
FM: It was Michael, Alonso and me.
Correct - Renault?s Fernando Alonso finished second and Ferrari?s Michael Schumacher won the race.

Q: How tall are the towers of Sao Paulo?s See Metropolitan Cathedral?
FM: Between 90 and 100 metres?
Correct - 92 metres to be exact.

Q: In 2000 you won the Formula Renault 2.0 Euro championship with 140 points. Which current Formula One driver failed to score even half of your points? tally?
FM: Kimi.
Correct - Ferrari team mate Kimi Raikkonen scored 62 points.

Q: Ferrari have won the most Formula One constructors? championships - 16 to be exact. Which team is second in the ranking and how many titles have they won?
FM: Williams - I don?t know how many titles.
One point - it was indeed Williams, who have nine championships.

Q: How many goals - to the nearest ten - did Brazilian football great Pele score during his professional career?
FM: 1250? something around that?
Close but not close enough - the total was 1281.

Q: You were famously paired with Michael Schumacher at Ferrari. How many points - to the nearest 50 - did the German legend score over the course of his Formula One career?
FM: I remember seeing that lately. It must be around 1350. It was something like 100 points more than Pele scored goals.
Correct - 1369

Q: One of your favourite actors is Robert de Niro. How many times has De Niro been nominated for an Oscar and how many times has he won?
FM: Nominated I don?t know. But he got the Oscar for The Godfather and Raging Bull, the story about the boxer.
One out of two - he was nominated six times, and as Massa said, won twice for Raging Bull and The Godfather, Part II.

Q: You won the Lorenzo Bandini trophy in 2007. Who won the award the following year?
FM: Kubica
Correct - BMW Sauber?s Robert Kubica

Q: You are a fan of The Killers. Whereabouts in America are the band from?
FM: I don?t know - I just like their music.
Incorrect - they actually hail from Las Vegas, Nevada.

Q: Twenty-eight Brazilians have competed in Formula One racing, but including yourself, only six have won races. Can you name the other five?
FM: Yes, I can. Barrichello, Senna, Piquet, Fittipaldi and Pace.
Correct - Rubens Barrichello, Emerson Fittipaldi, Carlo Pace, Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna.

Q: Your first Formula One race ended in retirement on the first lap after a huge collision. Apart from you, how many other drivers failed to make it to the second lap of the 2002 Australian Grand Prix after being embroiled in that accident?
FM: Many! How could I ever forget that race! My guess is seven.
Correct - it was indeed seven - Ferrari?s Rubens Barrichello Barrichello, Williams? Ralf Schumacher, Jordan?s Giancarlo Fisichella, Sauber?s Nick Heidfeld, Renault?s Jenson Button, Honda?s Olivier Panis and Toyota?s Allan McNish.

Q: Massa is a town in which region of Italy?
FM: Tuscany
Correct

Q: Which driver clinched the first Ferrari Formula One win at the 1951 British Grand Prix?
FM: Ascari or Farina?
Incorrect it was actually Jose Froilan Gonzalez.

Q: According to your website, you?ve amassed a huge collection of jeans. In what American state was Levi Strauss?s business based?
FM: California
Correct

Q: How many points, wins and pole positions have you scored so far during your Formula One career?
FM: Poles: 15, victories: 11. Points? I don?t know exactly? it must be something over 300.
Two out of three - it?s 320 points to be precise.

Q: You?re an avid shopper at Dolce and Gabbana. In which Italian city was Domenico Dolce born?
FM: Milan? No? But he lives in Milan. Ah wasn?t he born in Sicily? I don?t know.
Close but not close enough - Palermo, Sicily.

Q: What is the best Grand Prix result your fellow Brazilian Nelson Piquet clinched, and at what race did he score it?
FM: I know, because I was on the podium with him. He was second at the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim last year.
Correct

Q: As well as supporting Sao Paulo FC, you?re a fan of Turkish football team Fenerbahce S.K. In what position did the team finish the 2008/09 season?
FM: They?ve been pretty bad. Fourth or fifth?
Correct - they finished fourth.

Final score: 23 points from a possible 30
Ask the Expert rating: 77%

Current leader board:
1. Heikki Kovalainen - 86%
2. Mark Webber - 84%
3= Lewis Hamilton - 80%
3= Kimi Raikkonen - 80%
5. Felipe Massa - 77%
6= Kazuki Nakajima - 73%
6= Jaime Alguersuari - 73%
8. Sebastien Buemi - 72%
9. Robert Kubica - 70%
10. Jenson Button - 69%
11. Giancarlo Fisichella - 68%
12. Nico Rosberg - 66%
13= Sebastian Vettel - 64%
13= Rubens Barrichello - 64%
15= Jarno Trulli - 58%
15= Timo Glock - 58%
17. Nick Heidfeld - 57%
18. Adrian Sutil - 54%

More drivers coming soon.

I went on the internet and I found this:

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/br/brothermichael/2009/09/17/Max_2.0.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/br/brothermichael/2009/09/17/Ari_2.0.jpg

Ask the Expert - Ferrari's Felipe Massa
Which driver clinched Ferrari?s first Formula One win at the 1951 British Grand Prix? How tall are the towers of Sao Paulo?s See Metropolitan Cathedral? How many goals did Brazilian football great Pele score during his professional career? How many points did Michael Schumacher accrue?

These are just some of the questions we thought Ferrari?s Felipe Massa would take in his stride after he agreed to participate in our personal trivia test, ?Ask the Expert?...

Q: Ferrari?s famous Prancing Horse was inspired by which flying Italian Count?
Felipe Massa: If I remember correctly, his name was Count Baracca. Enzo Ferrari and his brother Dino I think had some sort of personal relationships to the Baraccas.
Correct - Count Francesco Baracca, an Italian Air Force ace during World War One, used to paint a horse on the side of his planes.

Q: Your first Formula One team mate was Nick Heidfeld at Sauber. How many F1 podiums has Heidfeld scored?
FM: Oh la la la la, let me see? it must be 11 or 12.
Correct - 12.

Q: You clinched your first F1 podium at the 2006 European Grand Prix, after finishing third. Who else was on the podium with you at that race?
FM: It was Michael, Alonso and me.
Correct - Renault?s Fernando Alonso finished second and Ferrari?s Michael Schumacher won the race.

Q: How tall are the towers of Sao Paulo?s See Metropolitan Cathedral?
FM: Between 90 and 100 metres?
Correct - 92 metres to be exact.

Q: In 2000 you won the Formula Renault 2.0 Euro championship with 140 points. Which current Formula One driver failed to score even half of your points? tally?
FM: Kimi.
Correct - Ferrari team mate Kimi Raikkonen scored 62 points.

Q: Ferrari have won the most Formula One constructors? championships - 16 to be exact. Which team is second in the ranking and how many titles have they won?
FM: Williams - I don?t know how many titles.
One point - it was indeed Williams, who have nine championships.

Q: How many goals - to the nearest ten - did Brazilian football great Pele score during his professional career?
FM: 1250? something around that?
Close but not close enough - the total was 1281.

Q: You were famously paired with Michael Schumacher at Ferrari. How many points - to the nearest 50 - did the German legend score over the course of his Formula One career?
FM: I remember seeing that lately. It must be around 1350. It was something like 100 points more than Pele scored goals.
Correct - 1369

Q: One of your favourite actors is Robert de Niro. How many times has De Niro been nominated for an Oscar and how many times has he won?
FM: Nominated I don?t know. But he got the Oscar for The Godfather and Raging Bull, the story about the boxer.
One out of two - he was nominated six times, and as Massa said, won twice for Raging Bull and The Godfather, Part II.

Q: You won the Lorenzo Bandini trophy in 2007. Who won the award the following year?
FM: Kubica
Correct - BMW Sauber?s Robert Kubica

Q: You are a fan of The Killers. Whereabouts in America are the band from?
FM: I don?t know - I just like their music.
Incorrect - they actually hail from Las Vegas, Nevada.

Q: Twenty-eight Brazilians have competed in Formula One racing, but including yourself, only six have won races. Can you name the other five?
FM: Yes, I can. Barrichello, Senna, Piquet, Fittipaldi and Pace.
Correct - Rubens Barrichello, Emerson Fittipaldi, Carlo Pace, Nelson Piquet and Ayrton Senna.

Q: Your first Formula One race ended in retirement on the first lap after a huge collision. Apart from you, how many other drivers failed to make it to the second lap of the 2002 Australian Grand Prix after being embroiled in that accident?
FM: Many! How could I ever forget that race! My guess is seven.
Correct - it was indeed seven - Ferrari?s Rubens Barrichello Barrichello, Williams? Ralf Schumacher, Jordan?s Giancarlo Fisichella, Sauber?s Nick Heidfeld, Renault?s Jenson Button, Honda?s Olivier Panis and Toyota?s Allan McNish.

Q: Massa is a town in which region of Italy?
FM: Tuscany
Correct

Q: Which driver clinched the first Ferrari Formula One win at the 1951 British Grand Prix?
FM: Ascari or Farina?
Incorrect it was actually Jose Froilan Gonzalez.

Q: According to your website, you?ve amassed a huge collection of jeans. In what American state was Levi Strauss?s business based?
FM: California
Correct

Q: How many points, wins and pole positions have you scored so far during your Formula One career?
FM: Poles: 15, victories: 11. Points? I don?t know exactly? it must be something over 300.
Two out of three - it?s 320 points to be precise.

Q: You?re an avid shopper at Dolce and Gabbana. In which Italian city was Domenico Dolce born?
FM: Milan? No? But he lives in Milan. Ah wasn?t he born in Sicily? I don?t know.
Close but not close enough - Palermo, Sicily.

Q: What is the best Grand Prix result your fellow Brazilian Nelson Piquet clinched, and at what race did he score it?
FM: I know, because I was on the podium with him. He was second at the German Grand Prix at Hockenheim last year.
Correct

Q: As well as supporting Sao Paulo FC, you?re a fan of Turkish football team Fenerbahce S.K. In what position did the team finish the 2008/09 season?
FM: They?ve been pretty bad. Fourth or fifth?
Correct - they finished fourth.

Final score: 23 points from a possible 30
Ask the Expert rating: 77%

Current leader board:
1. Heikki Kovalainen - 86%
2. Mark Webber - 84%
3= Lewis Hamilton - 80%
3= Kimi Raikkonen - 80%
5. Felipe Massa - 77%
6= Kazuki Nakajima - 73%
6= Jaime Alguersuari - 73%
8. Sebastien Buemi - 72%
9. Robert Kubica - 70%
10. Jenson Button - 69%
11. Giancarlo Fisichella - 68%
12. Nico Rosberg - 66%
13= Sebastian Vettel - 64%
13= Rubens Barrichello - 64%
15= Jarno Trulli - 58%
15= Timo Glock - 58%
17. Nick Heidfeld - 57%
18. Adrian Sutil - 54%

^^Forgive me while I stab myself. :(

In other news, Some of sniff petrol's latest jewels:

RENAULT SCANDAL LATEST: Flav has NOT resigned. He just said he was going to the loo and everyone misunderstood.

RENAULT SHOCK! FIA to investigate how Piquet managed NOT to crash until lap 13.

And about Lotus:

NEWS - AYRTON SENNA TO DRIVE FOR NEW LOTUS TEAM! (But it's actually just some Malaysian bloke using Senna's name)

I am not usually a huge sniff petrol fan but those are very very good.

I'm pretty sure no one cares but I'll post this anyway.

Irish team crowned F1 in Schools champions

The Koni Kats team from David?s Secondary School in Greystones, County Wicklow took the top honours at the fifth F1 in Schools technology challenge world championships held in London on Thursday. The global challenge sees school children, aged 11 to 19, use CAD/CAM software to design, build and test a model balsa wood Formula One car of the future.

At a glittering awards ceremony attended by McLaren driver Lewis Hamilton and a host of VIP guests, the talented students from Ireland were presented with the Bernie Ecclestone World Championship Trophy and coveted Automotive and Motorsport Engineering scholarships to City University London. They will also be given an exclusive tour of the McLaren Technology Centre on Friday.

?I?ve really enjoyed meeting the students and finding out more about this exciting global initiative,? said Hamilton. ?The global popularity and high-tech world of Formula One provides a very exciting and engaging platform for education and it is great to see it being used within schools to enthuse students to study engineering, as well as the other key school subjects.

"I hope F1 in Schools encourages a new generation of students into Formula One and helps to continue to develop the sport as one of the most technologically advanced in the world.?

Thirty-one teams from 20 countries were vying for the title, but the Koni Kats were judged to have the winning entry. As well as the championship, team members Conor Daly, Eoin O'Connell, Sean Cleary and Adam Gammell, also won awards for the best presentation and the best engineered car.

?We?re over the moon,? said team manager O?Connell. ?We?ve been working for two years on this, so we are thrilled to have all our efforts recognised with this achievement. It?s very special to have won this, we just can?t believe it. I think the work we put into our design and our attention to detail in this, looking at every element from the front wing to the rear fins, has brought us this victory, as well as our strong teamwork.?

Andrew Denford, founder of F1 in Schools added, ?The fifth annual F1 in School world championships has been a great success. Each year we see the standards of entrants? rise, with the students using some very advanced engineering technology and amazing ingenuity to produce their racing cars.

"The popularity of Formula One is a significant factor in the appeal of the F1 in Schools programme. Many of the students are avid supporters of the sport, so they felt very privileged to meet Lewis Hamilton and we are very grateful for the time he gave to them today, looking at their cars and learning more about this initiative.?

The fastest car award, supported by Brawn GP, was won by Redline Racing from Trinity Christian School, Canberra, Australia. The team's model clocked a time of 1.055 seconds in the time trials.

Other winners included Team Racere Nanyang Girls High School, Singapore, who won the outstanding sportsmanship award and AC Racing, a team comprised of both Canadian and Australian pupils, which won the best collaboration award.

Nanyang Girls School, Singapore? WTF? Some of my friends are there

Nanyang Girls School, Singapore? WTF? Some of my friends are there
:lmao: I had to double back to see what you were talking about! I thought I had stepped into the wrong thread!

If you have twitter, search flavspeak. It's brilliant :lol:

We say 'Twitter'. #flavspeak "Is like speaky girl, but not sexy, is like the writing for the phone but on computer know? Is like no yes?

We say 'plane', he says 'Is like, boat, you know, but in air. Less sexy than boat, no?

For 'Hat', He say 'Is like, is head, is like super sexy you know, is brim, or is peak. Is all these thing. Fuck'

Normal person : 'Washing machine'.Flav: 'Is spinny tub, is you know, is the, er, clothes the spring fresh. Fuck'#flavspeak

:rofl:

Reactions: fbc
Hahahahaha that is so much for entertaining than Ron Speak. I think I might start talking like that for shits and giggles.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78786

Williams planning to race KERS in 2010

By Pablo Elizalde Tuesday, September 22nd 2009, 09:57 GMT

The Williams team is planning to use KERS in next year's car, despite the Formula One Teams' Association having agreed to drop the system voluntarily.

FOTA teams announced in June that they would not be using KERS in 2010 as they deemed the technology, used by a minority of squad this year, was too expensive.

The pact, however, could now collapse, with Williams having confirmed it is continuing with the development of its KERS with the intention of using it in next year's car.

"We fully support the use of KERS and always have done," Williams technical director Sam Michael said on Tuesday.

"Given the environmental and sustainability pressures that Formula 1 is going to face in the future, KERS is a positive step for the sport.

"It's in next year's regulations, so we're continuing developing our system with a view to using it on next year's FW32."

Williams, developing a flywheel-based KERS, has not used the system this season.

The Grove team recently rejoined FOTA after it was suspended earlier this year when it broke ranks with the rest of FOTA and entered the 2010 world championship before the FIA's initial deadline.

Only McLaren and Ferrari have been using KERS regularly this year.

Hmmmmmm... I see more mayhem coming up in the following months.