Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

Hamilton joins BTCC with TH Honda

By Jamie O'Leary Thursday, September 3rd 2009, 09:53 GMT

Matt HamiltonMatt Hamilton will make his British Touring Car Championship debut at Rockingham later this month after joining TH Motorsport.

Hamilton, 19, a Formula Palmer Audi race-winner, will race a Honda Civic-R alongside the Integra-R of the team's regular driver John George.

"I'm very excited about it," said Hamilton. "Although I know it's going to be to a big challenge. But touring cars is where I'm aiming myself at now and I hope I can settle in quite quickly.

"The plan is to use these two rounds as tests really, to get myself bedded in, and then to hopefully raise enough interest to get a budget together for a full programme next year.

"I have no qualms about doing my testing in public, and being new to touring cars, I'm sure I'll gain a lot more by racing against other cars than by driving around on my own on a test day."

Hamilton has already tested the Civic twice, on a wet day at Rockingham, and at Donington Park.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/78271

Hehe, got you there didn't I? Saw the title on Autosport and had a little jawdrop moment :p

That t shirt sucks. Poor spanish fans who feel like they need to pay 50 euros for it. And also, fuck euros.

Racecar Engineering says WRC is looking at 1.6L Turbo as the motor of choice in 2011

That's good of Williams to give him a test, well done to Andy Soucek.

Has anyone been watching F2? Is it a worthy series?

That's good of Williams to give him a test, well done to Andy Soucek.

Just as the WSR champion's prize is a full test in a Renault F1 car, F2, through its affiliation with Williams, offers this prize to its champion. It was announced at the beginning of the season.

It's fast and furious and full of eager youngsers looking for affirmation. Unfortunately, the only race I actually managed to watch was Race 2 at Brands Hatch, and we know what happened during that race.

James Thompson! :bow:
The Priora Sport pacecar is pretty funky slow though :D

Yup 6th place for Thompson
Natasha F2 was pretty annoyed with Gandolfini :D

I think it has potential. I watched about ten races on telly (+ saw the sunday race at Brands Hatch) and quite liked what I saw. The racing was pretty good at times.

There are a few slight problems, though. Firstly, I really don't like it being called Formula 2 because it's a spec series, not a 'formula' in the true sense of the word and it most certainly is not one step below F1. Secondly, the seats were affordable and distributed on first come, first served basis which meant the driver talent in the field was quite mixed, to say the least. If MSV adds some form kind of selection process to make sure the best drivers wishing to enter are accepted this problem should go away and the series should be even better in 2010.

Overall though, I'd say F2 has it's place in the motorsports ladder.

BTCC Race 3 at Rockingham was :woot:! Wow! Now that is racing! :D

Shame for Plato, and as a Plato fan I'm disappointed with the outcome, but still, the racing was spectacular!

That was awesome. Also the first Ford on a BTCC podium for nine years! I'm so glad that team has come good after all!

...another thing, LEAVE JAAP VAN LAGEN ALONE! Why does he always have to get punted off when he's doing well?

Last edited: