2009 Singapore Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Who will take pole and win the race? The Brawns. Doesn't matter which one
2) Rubens or Jenson to win the 2009 WDC? Well it looks to me that Webber's chances are very slim, so I'll say Button will get it just
3) How many DNFs will there be? 4
4) Will Red Bull bounce back and finish the season strong? I hope so
5) Will Fisichella win a race with Ferrari? Um, nope, but he'll be up there with Kimi
6) Will Force India (13pts) pass BMW and Renault (both on 20 pts) in the Contructors championship after this weekend? Maybe
7) Will Flavio Briatore be banned from F1 over Crashgate? Max Mosley might chicken out and let him stay, but I don't think he and Symmonds will be around long

^ I bet it will just be the same as it is now with a fairly inconspicuous logo somewhere.

Anywhoo.. the questions. (Not bothering with no.7 as it no longer matters. Whatever happens from here on in he'll never be welcome back).

1) Who will take pole and win the race?
Pole: Hamilton, Win: Button

2) Rubens or Jenson to win the 2009 WDC?
Jenson will hang on...just.

3) How many DNFs will there be?
I'll say at least two. On that track, someone's bound to bin it sooner or later probably one of the youngin's...um, unintentionally! :lol:

4) Will Red Bull bounce back and finish the season strong?
Yes. At least, I sure hope so.

5) Will Fisichella win a race with Ferrari?
No, but my goodness he'll bloody try.

6) Will Force India (13pts) pass BMW and Renault (both on 20 pts) in the Contructors championship after this weekend?
I think they just might. :)

Mathematical possibilities: If Jenson scores 4 more points than Vettel in this race, the WDC will officially come down to a battle between the two Brawn drivers. And the Brawns only need to score a further 14 points in the next four races in order to secure the Constructors' Championship.

Supposedly a new gear box design for the BMW, and a few other parts for this weekend..

Quote from the Horse's mouth:
Willy Rampf, Head of Engineering:
"Following the last major update in Valencia, we will arrive in Singapore with another far-reaching development package. From an aerodynamics point of view, this comprises a new front wing, more deeply undercut sidepods, a further developed double diffuser and a modified rear wing. Added to which, the car also has a totally new gearbox. So, all in all, we are expecting to take another step forward here."

Hope the BMW's can get one more win before they leave for good..

I highly doubt that...

Thursday
Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. High: 30 ?C . Wind SSW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 60% (water equivalent of 7.06 mm). Heat Index: 33 ?C .

Thursday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. Low: 25 ?C . Wind WSW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 0.93 mm). Heat Index: 31 ?C .

Friday
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. High: 28 ?C . Wind SW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 50% (water equivalent of 3.62 mm). Heat Index: 31 ?C .

Friday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. Low: 25 ?C . Wind WSW 10 km/h . Chance of precipitation 30% (water equivalent of 0.88 mm). Heat Index: 30 ?C .

Saturday
Thunderstorm. Partly Cloudy. High: 30 ?C . Wind SW 14 km/h . Chance of precipitation 60% (water equivalent of 5.73 mm). Heat Index: 32 ?C .

Saturday Night
Chance of a Thunderstorm. Overcast. Low: 25 ?C . Wind SW 10 km/h . Chance of precipitation 40% (water equivalent of 1.15 mm). Heat Index: 30 ?C .

Hell yeah :D

No no no BAD BAD!

Water + Tarmac + Powerful Lights = Drivers not being able to see = NO RACING

What he said! No rain please!!! :|

Trust me, when it rains in singapore, it usually pours. Not good. Unless the track is made from colanders, the race will be cancelled.

Trust me, when it rains in singapore, it usually pours. Not good. Unless the track is made from colanders, the race will be cancelled.

Good. Maybe they could just ship their shit to bathurst to have some real racing.

Good. Maybe they could just ship their shit to bathurst to have some real racing.

I doubt there would be any overtaking at Bathurst. It would be interesting for all of 10 minutes.

I doubt there would be any overtaking at Bathurst. It would be interesting for all of 10 minutes.

I doubt they'd be able to go through the dipper without destroying the front wing.

EDIT
1) Who will take pole and win the race?
Kimi.
2) Rubens or Jenson to win the 2009 WDC?
Hopefully Rubens.
3) How many DNFs will there be?
4) Will Red Bull bounce back and finish the season strong?
Unlikely.
5) Will Fisichella win a race with Ferrari?
Yes. :cool:
6) Will Force India (13pts) pass BMW and Renault (both on 20 pts) in the Contructors championship after this weekend?
No.
7) Will Flavio Briatore be banned from F1 over Crashgate?
Hopefully not.

Last edited:
Meh. Not surprsing. It's pretty standard. Though I bet they paid really cheap for that ad-space.