The "Things that annoy me" thread

I just remembered one. People who pirate things, get busted by anti-piracy measures and then bitch and moan about being discriminated against. WTF? Yeah, I haven't bought everything that I have on my harddrive, but I'm not going to cry foul if something doesn't work because I was too cheap to buy it. Bawwww, you can't play a game online because you're being discriminated against for stealing the game, your logic is flawless.

My personal favorite is that I've never pirated anything that didn't work (with the exception of online play) after being appropriately cracked - but I have PURCHASED things with anti-piracy measures that prevented them from working on my system.

And only twats play games online anyway. Singleplayer > *.

My personal favorite is that I've never pirated anything that didn't work (with the exception of online play) after being appropriately cracked - but I have PURCHASED things with anti-piracy measures that prevented them from working on my system.

And only twats play games online anonymously anyway. Singleplayer > *.

FTFY. Online can be fun when all your friends are off to college and you chose a local school :(

The woman with the painfully god awful voice on the newest Lifelock commercial. I want to kill her or myself every time it comes on.

People who applaud when a plane lands.

What, do you boo when it starts crashing?

on games:

me too, always had more problems with legally purchased things that with other. This is why all the copy protections are bound to die sooner or later.

on planes:

I agree completely. I agree to an applause if the plane sparkingly lands on a partially retracted landing gear, but if everything goes standard... what is applause for? It's like applauding people wouldn't expect to land in one piece and are happy they finally made it...

My brother, who will never amount to anything, despite us busting our collective arses to create opportunities for him, because he is a lazy fuck.

People who say 'nucular'. People who think that nuclear plants can and will explode like the Tsar Bomba at the drop of a hat.

The positioning of Exeter and Swansea on the BBC's weather maps, which are dead wrong EVERY DAMN TIME!

Edit:
Buffy_09 said:
People who applaud when a plane lands.

What, do you boo when it starts crashing?
Perhaps it's some kind of feedback, like writing '0/10, would not crash with this airline again' on a sick bag...

Last edited:
Ignorant Bible thumpers who say evolution is "just a theory". Yeah, gravity's also "just a theory", but your dumb ass stays stuck to the planet, doesn't it?

.. ^ more's the pity!

Elevator travellers who wish to descend, but push both the UP button as well as the DOWN, thereby making their journey time longer. (And more importantly, mine!) :mad:

People in a big city, who can't figure out HOW TO FUCKING WALK ON A SIDEWALK!!!

YOU DON'T JUST FUCKING STOP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE SIDEWALK!! GET OUT OF MY WAY YOU FUCKING PEASANTS!!!

I agree completely. I agree to an applause if the plane sparkingly lands on a partially retracted landing gear, but if everything goes standard... what is applause for? It's like applauding people wouldn't expect to land in one piece and are happy they finally made it...

I have never observed this phenomenon - though roughly half of my landings are early morning (I prefer to depart the east coast around 7AM to arrive out west before lunch and fly redeyes from west to east so I can maximize enjoyable time) and as such half the passengers are jarred awake by the landing and thus much less likely to be happy about it.

I have, however, sat next to a father and his young daughter. Parents should be required to sit as a buffer between their kid and any innocent seatmates, the stupid kid spent most of her time UPSIDE DOWN in the seat, with her legs in my space.

...On a flight across the entire damned continent. Ugh.

Last edited:
I've only witnessed applause once, and that was flying into SFO, we got in a crosswind that pushed the plane sideways and rolled it to the left about 10 degrees, forcing the pilot to make a one point landing on the left rear landing gear. I will admit that I applauded too.

I've felt like applauding every time I fly into Logan in Boston, though. You look out the window watching Boston Harbor get closer and closer and just when you think you're going to land in the water, you're over the tarmac and you land.

I have a friend whose family lives in Hong Kong - and she was telling me about looking into peoples apartments as you were landing at the old airport. I'm sure she felt like applauding too.

I have never observed this phenomenon - though roughly half of my landings are early morning (I prefer to depart the east coast around 7AM to arrive out west before lunch and fly redeyes from west to east so I can maximize enjoyable time) and as such half the passengers are jarred awake by the landing and thus much less likely to be happy about it.

You're from Baltimore and you haven't seen this? It's a huge thing on Southwest. I actually really, really heart Southwest for doing away with 90% of the useless crap the other airlines are so married to but sometimes the kitch gets the better of them.

Ignorant Bible thumpers who say evolution is "just a theory". Yeah, gravity's also "just a theory", but your dumb ass stays stuck to the planet, doesn't it?

Seconded.

Pretty much anyone on Sportscenter.

Female sideline reporters.

Chris Berman.

And especially Jay Harris. That's one smug bastard. You're a sports reporter... I don't need to hear you trying to treat every single person that you interview like your "bro"

You're from Baltimore and you haven't seen this? It's a huge thing on Southwest. I actually really, really heart Southwest for doing away with 90% of the useless crap the other airlines are so married to but sometimes the kitch gets the better of them.

I avoid the everlasting shit out of Southwest (and BWI in general) because of utter inability to actually fly directly to anywhere I actually want to go. I do virtually all my flying out of Dulles on Jetblue (because they have 3x daily direct service between there and Long Beach, which means I can avoid the clusterfuck known as LAX). There's a lot to be said for the value of stepping out the back airstairs of a plane (while everyone else fights to get out the front door despite just having been told that they can deplane from the back at this airport) directly onto the tarmac, walking through a door and being on the damned street outside the airport, as opposed to having to deal with the LAX circus.

Last edited:
I have flown once, and it was on JetBlue. Satellite TV was great. I watched the World Cup!

Needless to say, I am a fan.

On spicy's note: the entire intelligent design movement. That's not science. Stop trying to shove it into my university's science department. DO NOT WANT. Also, stop flip-flopping on whether it's a God issue or not. When the ID'ers pander to Christians, it's always about God. When they're seeking approval from non-religious entities, God doesn't enter into the picture. Something about denying Him comes to mind here...grr.

Another grievance: one-sided university e-mails that push a certain policy without presenting any case for the other side. Please, have more faith in your students' ability to make rational decisions on our own. Please, please, please. Sending us propaganda on the administration's pet issues really insults our intelligence. My university decided to pick a petty fight with its alumni association recently, and what do they do? Send an e-mail to the students pushing for us to support them in screwing over an entity that's almost as old as our school itself. WTF. Most of us don't keep up with administrative/alumni drama, and sending a blatantly one-sided e-mail to us "explaining" the situation is just low and slimy.

Last edited:
I have flown once, and it was on JetBlue. Satellite TV was great. I watched the World Cup!

Needless to say, I am a fan.

I once watched a 9/11 documentary on a United flight. I was actually surprised they hadn't dropped out that channel. They're usually pretty good about those things.

I find Jetblue's radio offerings to be much more compelling than TV - assuming one of the three techno/trance stations is up (Which I find that it's rare to have more than one of them). For some reason they carry NO rock or metal stations.

Last edited:
This:

Frauenparken%20019.JPG

And this:

frauenparkplatz-11415714-mfbq-fg,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

And this:

mfb-8490942-frauenparkplatz-heilbronn-mercedes-bmw-quer-ok,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

And also this:

mfb-8490771-frauenparkplatz-muenchen-quer-ok,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Or this:

mfb-8490931-frauenparkplatz-stuttgart-mercedes-quer-ok,templateId=renderScaled,property=Bild,height=349.jpg

Seriously: We have perfectly visible white lines on our company's parking lot but somehow people manage to park their cars in a way that takes up two or even more lots. And not only women!

But there seems to be a pattern: The smaller the car, the harder it seems to park it.

Last edited: