NCIS/NCIS Los Angeles

hemoh

Car(s)
Saturn SL2
I figure there's been threads in the past for the original NCIS, but with the LA spinoff premiering alongside its predecessor on Sept. 22 we could have a thread dedicated to both shows.

First off, a teaser with Abby, Callen (Chris O'Donnell) and Sam (LL Cool J) promoting the two hour block:

[YOUTUBE]6ZKknpDbucM[/YOUTUBE]

A trailer for the 7th season premiere, "Truth or Consequences:"
(WARNING: may be spoilery for those who haven't seen the sixth season)

[YOUTUBE]hPoYH6bbrzQ[/YOUTUBE]

Holy shit!

"Vengeance"? That does not look too good for Ziva.

(on a more personal note: watching Abby on tv is a million times better than actually dating a goth girl)

Looks good. Can't wait!!!

OMFG! I just watched the season premiere of NCIS... brilliant in every aspect. I even liked the totally overdone "Gibbs in sniper camouflage with a halo"-thingy near the end. Simply brillant. I don't see the purpose of this whole "meth overdose"-b-plot, but the a-plot was simply flawless...

Now let's see what next week will bring us.

"Vengeance"? That does not look too good for Ziva.

(on a more personal note: watching Abby on tv is a million times better than actually dating a goth girl)

Yes, except Goth Girls are probably not nearly as happy/go lucky as Abby is

Yes, except Goth Girls are probably not nearly as happy/go lucky as Abby is

That's why watching Abby is more fun than dating one.

I freakin' loved the first episode. There was Sniper!Gibbs, McGee going along with Tony on the rescue mission, Caf-Pow! actually being a plot point and the whole "group clap" bit; I was grinning like an idiot throughout the show.

I don't see the purpose of this whole "meth overdose"-b-plot, but the a-plot was simply flawless...

I suppose the meth subplot was needed to show that even with Ziva gone it was business as usual.

I was kind of surprised they didn't change the opening credits (it's still the ones from Season Six) though that may be due to the episode.

Re: the LA version, I didn't find it as bad as I thought. It'll take me some time to get warmed up to the team, but there is one character I already like: Hetty. She's practically Q meets Edna Mode. Having Vance make periodic appearances is something I can get used to. Also Abby(!) will be making a guest appearance in an upcoming episode. Bring some sunscreen, girl.

I've heard the ratings were nuts for the two shows, winning the night for CBS.

My wife has a thing for Mark Harmon. She is hoping beyond hope that I go gray like him.

<_<

Here's some stuff from the CBS Early Show featuring the cast.

Part One: mostly teasers, and a visit to Abby's lab

[YOUTUBE]iNEL1aGPJgI[/YOUTUBE]

Part Two: more teasers and a brief interview

[YOUTUBE]EdYQhtJJaK8[/YOUTUBE]

Part Three: LL Cool J is interviewed and the cast answers questions (Mark Harmon's a smartass :D )

[YOUTUBE]kHUvcT0uzqo[/YOUTUBE]

I was watching a few of the sixth season episodes on DVD, and I caught some stuff I didn't really notice the first time.

Gibbs learns about YouTube:

[YOUTUBE]Nv95mBeE3AE[/YOUTUBE]

FBI Agent Fornell gets a lesson in how to choke a bitch:

[YOUTUBE]7sTRNmTJ-0A[/YOUTUBE]

Alright, this stuff isn't new but lines like these are what make me enjoy NCIS so much. Either that, or I've watched more old television shows than I should have in my 26 years:

[YOUTUBE]7ryqKuyKW4M[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]Prh9lN1K2OQ[/YOUTUBE]
(listen to the first ten seconds)

Last edited:
I wasn't so sure about the opening of NCIS:LA, it didn't have a pure kick ass theme that NCIS does. Just so you can compare.

NCIS
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQ25pRBlBEg[/YOUTUBE]

NCIS:LA
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tl7BmJm46I[/YOUTUBE]

"Reunion" was nice, with the Ziva subplot not overpowering the entire episode. I suppose we'll be seeing it resolved entirely pretty soon. The main plot with the dead Marine at the bachelor party was a nice return to the normal "team investigation" stuff.

Next week:

[YOUTUBE]7GRSV8ymOa0[/YOUTUBE]

The LA episode wasn't bad, with a nice focus on LL's character and background as a SEAL. The team interacts well with each other. I think I'm going to end up watching this on a regular basis as well.

I believe the whole "Tiva"-thingy will get quite interesting and important over the next few episodes... They made more progress as a couple during the last half season than during the years before. Now that her Ex is dead, i see some potential there...
...and why does Gibbs has to measure his cellar prior to starting a new boat? After building four boats in there (and getting rid of them in some magic way) he should know the size of his workspace.

Looks like everything's back to normal.

I guess we'll have to wait a while until a new arc unfold, for now it's just going to be good ol' NCIS.

Looks like everything's back to normal.

Yep, Abby talks about her coffin/bed, DiNozzo and McGee getting chased by Dogs, some -in a strange way attractive- girl hitting on McGee, Ziva finally becoming a regular agent... or is she?

That's NCIS normal and i love it.

NCIS L.A. is pretty weak thus far, LL Cool J is stunt casting gone wrong. Linda Hunt is creepy and Chris O'Donnell needs to do some neck exercises.

"The Inside Man" was great.

My favorite bits:

--- Tony and McGee getting chased by dogs in the impound lot
--- Speaking of, I want to make fake bird poo balls like the ones McGee had to blur the camera lens.
--- I LOL'd at the bit in autopsy when Ducky tells the guy on the phone he's doing an autopsy, then tells Gibbs he said that "otherwise he'd (the guy on the phone) talk my ears off." Gibbs gives him the "Pot. Kettle. Black." look.
--- Abby's still got the same coffin. Brilliant.

Next week: "Good Cop, Bad Cop"

[youtube]FbxYZYTV3jg[/youtube]

Tony mimicking "Alien" sound effects is full of win.