Random Thoughts....

I really wish men in suits and sunglasses would descend from black helicopters, kidnap all the conspiracy theorists in the world, take them to the basement of Denver International Airport, and shoot them all in the face.

There is no basement at Denver International! They say take the train to your terminal but it's a lie! And why are the water mains freezing in September?

Wooo! I just got my Leatherman Charge delivered! :banana:
090923leather.jpg

Everything opened & pliers.

Got it for a good price, and although I was a bit sceptical about the place I ordered from, I'm really impressed. Good price, free shipping, and very fast: Ordered on monday afternoon, sent out on tuesday, delivered on wednesday morning.

Interesting how life can throw curveballs at you...2 months ago I was desperately unemployed...one month ago I got the dream job of a lifetime in the real estate business. Two weeks ago that went to hell and I was desperately unemployed again. And as of 11.00 AM today I have a job and will be starting on Monday :blink:

Not exactly my dream job, I will be selling furniture and the pay is 100% based on commission, but the job can be extremely rewarding moneywise, I get to sell stuff and convince people, something I am very good at. And the work environment is rather nice and I liked the overall atmosphere when I was there for the interview, which was yesterday....24 hours it took them to decide they want to hire me...not bad.

On top of all this it is very likely I will be starting my own tennis stringing and importing business in 1-2 months time. Which means if all goes well I will be buying a car thus adding one to the Jaguar owners at Finalgear.

If all goes as planned and things really start clicking, I might actually be very well off after all the problems I have had. I may have to leave the furniture selling job quickly if I can't manage that and my own business at the same time, but I am not worried about that. If I get really lucky, I can do both at the same time...which means my income worries are done once and for all.

Yep....at the moment life is looking good, very good indeed.

Last edited:
Two out of two done and dusted! I'VE PASSED THE FULL EXAM FOR MY DRIVING LICENSE!!!!!!! :D:D:D:beer:
Marvellous. Rapturous applause.

Now what you need to do is go out there and DRIVE. A lot. Driving schools don't teach you to drive, they teach you to pass the test. Your time learning to actually drive starts now. Especially as you have access to something far better than a Dacia Sandero. Go to Bucharest and do a few laps round Ceau?escu's monstrosity that nobody could ever have done in 1988. Go to the Black Sea coast. Go to Transylvania and look for Dracula. Go everywhere, because everything you've said about Romanian roads will mean you can pack five years' experience into five months. DO IT!

I just saw a big fucking elk by the side of the road. It was a male, and it had just ran from the forest and now pranced in the ditch. I flashed my lights at the oncoming traffic to make them more alert, but I'll just have to hope the beast didn't jump on the road.

Now what you need to do is go out there and DRIVE. A lot. Driving schools don't teach you to drive, they teach you to pass the test. Your time learning to actually drive starts now. Especially as you have access to something far better than a Dacia Sandero. Go to Bucharest and do a few laps round Ceau?escu's monstrosity that nobody could ever have done in 1988. Go to the Black Sea coast. Go to Transylvania and look for Dracula. Go everywhere, because everything you've said about Romanian roads will mean you can pack five years' experience into five months. DO IT!

I'll need to, yeah. Only problem is that I'm required, for the first year, to have to be accompanied by a more experienced driver.

Oh, and "go to Transylvania"? I AM in Transylvania. :lol: I'll see where I'll be driving, but I'm going to drive as much as possible. My dad is worried about potential repair bills, but I'll try to keep them to a minimum. ;)

I'm starting on Friday. I get a temporary license tomorrow which is usable for 15 days until my proper driving license gets printed and mailed home, but the car is out for a rear bumper replacement for another two days. I'll be sure to post a pic of me in it before I drive it for the first time.

Last edited:
congratulations.jpg

Congrats on getting your licence! With college starting next week you'll get experience just from driving to and from there!

Two out of two done and dusted! I'VE PASSED THE FULL EXAM FOR MY DRIVING LICENSE!!!!!!! :D:D:D:beer:

Congrats :cheers:

Yep....at the moment life is looking good, very good indeed.

and to you too :cheers:

Some people are just born salesmen/saleswomen. ...

And some are clearly not, I couldn't sell water to someone dying of thirst :lol:

Somewhat related, I got a kinda jobinterview in a week, it's for a real job and it's kinda relevant to my education but it's part of an 'activation' process and I wont get paid more than now, but what the hell, a job is still a job.

I'll need to, yeah. Only problem is that I'm required, for the first year, to have to be accompanied by a more experienced driver.

AFTER you get your license?:blink:
That makes things difficult. Ah well, there are ways around that. I am sure there is someone you know that doesn't like to drive or can't anymore?

Oh, and "go to Transylvania"? I AM in Transylvania. :lol: I'll see where I'll be driving, but I'm going to drive as much as possible. My dad is worried about potential repair bills, but I'll try to keep them to a minimum. ;)

I'm starting on Friday. I get a temporary license tomorrow which is usable for 15 days until my proper driving license gets printed and mailed home, but the car is out for a rear bumper replacement for another two days. I'll be sure to post a pic of me in it before I drive it for the first time.

Sounds more similar to what is called a "learner's permit" over here, except we only have to take a short written test to get it. Regardless, congrats, and enjoy driving!

I'm not sure I'd ever be good as a salesperson. I'd be too honest and convince them to buy something they need rather than something they want and can make me lots of commission.

AFTER you get your license?:blink:

Funny isn't it? In most parts of Europe they make sure that young drivers (18-year-olds) get proper training and hope to lower their chances of accidents and hurting other people...they also try to educate people like Posmo that RWD and drifting on public roads is dangerous.

In the States...you reach 16 years of age, you pass a computer test that even inbred rednecks can pass without a problem, you drive literally 1 mile with an examiner and congratulations - you are a licensed driver! You can now drive a big f-ing dually truck in NYC traffic.

You know the saying in America - In God we trust...It should be updated to: "In God we trust...education on the other hand is highly overrated"

(Sorry, I'm in a foul mood this morning...<_<)

You know the saying in America - In God we trust...It should be updated to: "In God we trust...education on the other hand is highly overrated"

Except for the fact that you are here to get an education. I guess it isn't that much of an after thought after all?

Funny isn't it? In most parts of Europe they make sure that young drivers (18-year-olds) get proper training and hope to lower their chances of accidents and hurting other people...they also try to educate people like Posmo that RWD and drifting on public roads is dangerous.

In the States...you reach 16 years of age, you pass a computer test that even inbred rednecks can pass without a problem, you drive literally 1 mile with an examiner and congratulations - you are a licensed driver! You can now drive a big f-ing dually truck in NYC traffic.

The worst part of it is the way they fix it. they keep adding on hours of "observation" instead of practice. By observation they mean you sit in the back seat and watch the teacher yell at the other kid for hours. Um yeah I can't see what you are doing and I have been observing my mother drive from the passenger seat for the last 10 years. Real helpful. If you want the fancy RWD drifting sort of lessons you can have them, if you are willing to drive hours away and pay a couple thousand dollars. No one is going to go through that when it's not required.

I think it's funny that people are all for the government dictating how you get a driving license but are positively miffed that the government DARE tell them how fast to go. Ban the speed limits they say! We know how fast is safe! Get out of our business! Look, the same thought process applies to teens driving. It's the responsibility of the parent and teen to know what level of driving is safe for the drivers ability. I don't see the problem. I personally don't believe in all this "driver training teach to the test" crap. It's been well proven it doesn't work in any other aspect of life what so ever. It's no different than crap standardized testing in schools.

Banning speed limits is completely different from raising stupidly low ones. Of course I don't want people doing 75 on my residential street, but there are sections of highway around here limited to 65 where you are a danger to traffic if you are going less than 75.

I don't think that we're required to be driving with another person in the car. The only thing I know of are the lower speed limits and putting this on the windshield and rear window
thb_55241.jpg

What if you're all alone?

Last edited: