Romanian satnav jokes coming to TG

like be-ach said, it costs a whole heap of money, unless you make it in eastern europe ... :p

That's why they shoot a lot of movies here, especially around Bucharest

^ No, it's not a repost. And according to that, they'll be going to Dobrogea after finishing their work on the mountain roads. So they're not finished, and it fits with what they suggested when they were "interviewed" below the Palace of Parliament, that this is probably supposed to be an episode-length film.

Last edited:
^ Thanks for those.

Can't wait to see the following locations. I suspect that they'll pop up in various parts of the country over the next 10 or so days.

It's official, the trio left for the UK today!

http://forum.topgear.ro/index.php/topic,1112.msg25296.html#msg25296

And that's one of the guys that writes for the Romanian TG mag

edit: Here's their schedule, from the same guy that went with them on most of their journey/kept contact with the production team

Monday evening - Arrival on Otopeni(Bucharest)
Tuesday - Filming in Mamaia at Rex Hotel
Wednesday - Filming under the Parlament Palace
Thursday - Transfagarasan
Friday morning or Thursday evening - Departure

Last edited:
^ So that's it? :(

Anyway, since you were talking about that show this morning, I watched it online and it seems that Mr. Mircea Badea is an avid TG fan (obvious, when you call TG "the greatest TV show....................................in the world"). Someone needs to approach him and get him onto this forum. :lol:

I couldn't find the on-line version of the article in yesterday's Cancan newspaper but they wrote that James had no toilet to go to at Transfagarasan so he pissed in nature. Marking his territory I would add. I'll try to find the issue and make a pic.

boy, finalgear has some lazy ass members (obviously myself included) here they were some hundereds of miles away any literraly everyone else except people from finalgear went to see them.

i've read somewhere that up on the transfagrasan you could actually chat with them take pictures and so on ...

damn damn damn

I read somewhere this morning that Clarkson said about a thousand people climbed a mountain just to maybe see Hammond's elbow sticking out the window of a car. (Don't know if those are true facts as we all know Clarkson can exagerate sometimes)

The Aston is a DBS Volante.

6085185.c86f9893.560.jpg

Found a photo!

"Capitani Domol"

Don't think I need a Romanian/English dictionary for that.

I just lifted it from the Romanian news footage. Sounded likely it could mean "Captain Slow".

(BTW, I thought GTR-13 was going to offer us a really personal pic when he posted about James "pissing in nature". The I re-read it and realised it's the article he's hoping to post a pic of. I'm a bit disappointed, really)

Just read somewhere that the romanian special (most likely a 3 part program like "Best driving road") will be the last episode of the season, aired around Christmas.

The car after finishing in Bucharest were deliverd to Vidraru where they resumed filming.

I didn't know top gear was so popular in Romania, every single News Outlet had a story on this.

Oh good...I sense a lot of jokes about Eastern Europe in the next season.