Autoblog: Singer 911 - 56k, take a long long hike.

What a fantastic car. Dare I say the perfect Porsche 911?

Shame the name is off an old rebranded Hillman.

modelpicture.php

Why do they even need a donor vehicle if they replace pretty much everything? Anyway, nice looking car, don't like the headlights though, they stand out too much.

But what is with the face in the tacho :lol:

Other than that, it's cool beyond belief.

I'd type a lot about how good this and how this should be done for every kind of exotic sports car ( including 1995 camaro z28s)....but doing alll that typin and fappin is not easy.

True Porschography.

Yes, another terrible joke courtesy of Polly.

Holy Vintage <3

See Porsche, this is what you can do with a recurring design, LEARN from these people...

From a Porsche hater. I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I second that. I truly hate porsches, but this is the first one i like.

I wonder what it is about the design that appeals to so many. I'd take it in an instant, and I'm not fond of Porsches in the slightest. Simplicity?

I think the name is from Norbert Singer, a former Racing engineer from Porsche who was involved in this sort of awesomeness:

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2008/12/13/gallery-gt-gt-porsche-racing-by-norbert-singer.aspx

I can't see if he's involved in anyway in this project from their website.

That would increase this car's awesome values. Apparently he played a role in every single win Porsche scored at Le Mans. And he's still involved with Porsche's racing division; I heard on live commentary that he was involved this year at Le Mans with the Felbermayr Proton team (obviously running a GT2 Porsche).

Last edited:
That would increase this car's awesome values. Apparently he played a role in every single win Porsche scored at Le Mans. And he's still involved with Porsche's racing division; I heard on live commentary that he was involved this year at Le Mans with the Felbermayr Proton team (obviously running a GT2 Porsche).

Maybe that's his screaming face in the tach. But still, when I first saw the thread title, I thought this:

703px-Singer_sewing_machine_detail1.jpg

Maybe it's as smooth as a sewing machine? I wwouldn't be surprised. :p

Great minds think alike. I was going to post that, so bare with me quoting a picture. :lol:

The car is still full of win. But can't help thinking a sewing machine.

I could live in that interior.

I have a feeling it's a heck of a lot more expensive than it looks though.

Well considering buying a stock 1960s/70s Porsche isn't a cheap bussiness to start with I dount adding alot of brand new components will make it cheap. It will likely be ridiculously expensive.

I like it for the most part, I'm slightly wary of the rear wheels that look (IMO) too fat for the body but other than that its gorgeous.
:thumbup:
Although to be honest I'd rather have stock 1970s Porsche if I had the choice, thats mostly a new 911 is an very pretty dress.
Although that is because I like cars I see as characterful or different, this although gorgeous is a hybrid (no, not in that sense!) of old and new, something I'm quite wary of.