No 56k: Took it in the ass today. (SFW)

Oh, damn Polygon. I feel kind of bad about that LeBaron crack now.

LOL, nah, most of them run and look like crap. They usually deserve the ridicule the get. :)

EDIT: They don't just sag, though that's what they normally do. Sometimes they discolor instead. I'm not sure which was worse, the original color or the faded color. This was my headliner just before heading off to get reupholstered in suede.

Headliner.jpg

Last edited:
Personally, I would never trust a guy named "Troy Briggs." I would probably start running really, really fast, preferably towards the nearest probation officer.

That really sucks. Hopefully the head asshat is less of one, and takes care of business and your car.

Sorry to bump this one, but I thought you guys might be interested in this:

Last night my mom was driving her brand new XC70 and was hit from behind by a 19 year old kid in his parents' 09 Subaru Impreza.

The Volvo is going to Ken Garff, the place that worked on my Honda. When she went in today the girl at the desk remembered her from my wreck earlier this year. The manager recognized her last name on the list of cars and came out to talk to her. He said that he would personally oversee the repair of her vehicle.

Also, after I spoke to John Garff, the owner, and the manager on a conference call about my experience they made some changes. Remember the oil on my floor mat? Well they went out and bought some big rolling racks so parts can be kept outside the car instead of in the boot or cabin. The racks get moved around with the car as it moves through the shop.

It's good to hear that all my rage wasn't for nothing.

It's good to hear that all my rage wasn't for nothing.

It's sad to hear your mom's car got hit. Hope she's okay. But I would have never returned to that place that "fixed" your Civic if I wasn't obligated to do so. Also good to hear they improved their methods.

We decided to take the car there because the owner and manager were very apologetic about my Civic and proposed a plan to remedy the problems in the future. They said they were going to make some organizational and procedural changes to the business as well as handing out some "attitude adjustments."

After the conversation I had with the owner and shop manager, I was satisfied with the results. It's clear that they have followed through with their promises. I believe in second chances, if I didn't I'd be in an odd line of work as a therapist.

Sorry to hear about your mom?s new XC70, but it seems that your previous dealings with Garff?s has had a positive effect.

I am sure they will do a very, very good repair on the Volvo. :lol:

Hope that the dopey 19yo was fully insured for that Sabaru. :mad:

Actually, we just found out that his family decided to stop paying their insurance premium, so although his proof of insurance expired on midnight the day of the accident, their coverage was canceled weeks ago. That means that we have to pay the deductible out of pocket, but USAA will sue the family that hit us to recover the money for the repairs. Once that happens we are first in line to be paid back, then USAA will recover for themselves.

This isn't good for the kid that hit us either, because he was driving the family's brand new Subaru so they will have to pay for that repair themselves.

Oh, we are also going to call our detective friend in the Salt Lake City Police Department and see about getting them cited for no insurance. We may also be able to get their registration revoked so they can't drive until they get insurance coverage.

See if you can figure out who their lender was and give them a call. Most loans require you to maintain full coverage until the car is paid off.

If it goes into the DMV database, it might get sent to the lender also. I'll ask about it, but with all the privacy around financial information I don't expect much unless I can somehow sneak a peek at the title.

Should be in the database under first lien.

I'm assuming the other party has shown no interest in paying out of pocket, of course.

We decided to take the car there because the owner and manager were very apologetic about my Civic and proposed a plan to remedy the problems in the future. They said they were going to make some organizational and procedural changes to the business as well as handing out some "attitude adjustments."

After the conversation I had with the owner and shop manager, I was satisfied with the results. It's clear that they have followed through with their promises. I believe in second chances, if I didn't I'd be in an odd line of work as a therapist.

If I were in your position, I would probably feel good about making them change their ways and the fact that this will improve other people?s service experience.
Way to go!

Last edited:
Of course not. Hell, I just found out that they didn't even report the accident. Their insurance company (Farmer's) is pissed as hell at us for starting repairs without them taking a look at the car first. Well, that's just too damn bad, because they didn't even call us until today and from the messages that went back and forth in the phone tag they made it clear that they were not insuring the kid that hit us.

The good news is that the kid might be insured on his dad's policy too, which means we can go after that insurance company also (I hope they paid that bill).

Farmer's has been raising hell about not seeing the car, not getting a statement, etc. I told my mom to just reply to these complaints with, "So does this mean you're accepting liability?" No? then STFU!