Random Thoughts....

So I was just thinking; I'd someday like to own a really fast station wagon.

With custom license plates.

That say "REO".

Volvette
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q[/YOUTUBE]

Went to my sister's wedding tonight and enjoyed it, but I have to say I was a bit surprised that the only people who were wearing a properly fitting suit besides the groom and groomsmen, who had professional help, were my father and I. The only reason I noticed is because I had fretted about getting a suit that fits properly and did some research to make sure I didn't look like a fool. Nearly every man there was wearing a jacket with sleeves which were too long; while my father, the groom and groomsman, and I were the only ones who had gotten our suits tailored or just found one which fits properly (me) and showed a bit of shirt sleeve. Shame.

That's the first thing I do when I buy a suit, make sure it's properally tailored and adjusted :p

I may get a custom-fitted dress and a purplish dye job. Yay being friends with hairdressers. :)

Also, I have been enjoying the poop out of that Doves clip. More interesting than homework, that's for sure.

Also also, this thread + that "A" I got in the HD Studio class + a complete absence of plans after graduation = please hire me, 'kthx. :p

Just tried the Virtual Barber Shop, that is some freaky shit!!
Really cool though! :)

Also just remembered from last Thursday in my Economics class, Stephen, the lecturer, asked who in the class had an iPod, and a surprisingly small number of hands went up.
He was pretty shocked at that, and there was a general air of confusion going round the room, and a couple of people mumbled "iPod or iPhone?"
Stephen-"ipod"
About 300 people - "Ooooh!!!!!!!" *raises hand*
Stephen et al - :lol:

Picture the most sober person in the world, then picture the opposite, and then you have me. I've been up for 30 minutes and I've decided the best way to prevent a hangover is to drink more beer. YAY!

It was quite unpleasent today, I went to Knox and had to park outside and walk in...

I was in Brighton to attend what was possibly the most boring family dinner in the history of mankind. It was like driving on fucken ice.

I just caught one of my friends thumping Celine Dion out of his car. Help.

I was in Brighton to attend what was possibly the most boring family dinner in the history of mankind. It was like driving on fucken ice.

I just caught one of my friends thumping Celine Dion out of his car. Help.

Hey, I was in Brighton at a family dinner too. You aren't secretly my boyfriend are you? Because if so I would totally break up with you right now. :p

So I was just thinking; I'd someday like to own a really fast station wagon.

With custom license plates.

That say "REO".

:lol: Musical history joke, very funny & I approve. :thumbup:

Explanation click here:
REO Speedwagon
(Pronounced Are-EEh-Oooh and not like Rio)

Riddle me this, random thoughtsers. Why the devil are college sports more popular than the professional leagues that the college kids aim to get into? Cheap tickets?

Honestly, look at this, all of the huge american stadiums are college team's stadiums.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stadiums_by_capacity

Is it because the profession sport franchises only allow a small number of teams?
So, for example NFL has a relatively small number of teams, yet the number of cities in the US is in the thousands.
People like to go watch & support their LOCAL team, hence popularity of college teams, which are way more numerous that the pro teams.

:dunno:

Hong Kong = British English = C.V. NOT Resume I hope that you are aware of the differences - when applying for a job it's very important - they may give you lee way as you are using a second language.

I want to sit in a parked Citro?n CX (in an emergency, a BX or an XM would do) and listen to Grace Jones. I love Private Life.

Also just remembered from last Thursday in my Economics class, Stephen, the lecturer, asked who in the class had an iPod, and a surprisingly small number of hands went up.

For some reason, nobody ever asks whether anyone has a Philips GoGear. :mrgreen:

For some reason, nobody ever asks whether anyone has a Philips GoGear. :mrgreen:

I find the same is true for my Beosound 6. Classless buffoons.

Hong Kong = British English = C.V. NOT Resume I hope that you are aware of the differences - when applying for a job it's very important - they may give you lee way as you are using a second language.

Not only that, but resume and resum? are not interchangeable and have totally different meanings. Resume is to continue, whereas resum? is another word (French derived) for CV.

As far as I know, both resum? and CV are perfectly acceptible, although down here we tend favour resum? ;)

Actually, while I'm here, I'm applying for a couple of jobs which allow the submition of applications via email. Should I choose to take this option what do I write in the body of the email, given that my cover letter and resume will be an attached file? Should it be the cover letter instead?

Last edited: