Massa [was] in 'Life-threatening' condition

Eh? oh yeah! My bad! So, Vijay is just doing it from the good of his heart or for goodwill?

Who said he is? As far as i can tell, Vijay was not very happy when he heard that Fisi wants to defect.

Doesn't Vijay have final say because Fisi's contract means he still has to obey Force India management?

I hope so. I'd not enjoy him defecting now. Just as things start to get interesting.

I found it quite funny when two days ago Ian Phillips (Commercial Director for Force India) said that we could all expect Ferrari to announce Fisi as their second driver for Monza within "the next 24 hours", but then half an hour later (or even less than that) Vijay Mallya stepped out to essentially say "That's bullshit, don't listen to him he's not an official spokesperson for Force India", albeit very nicely through a press statement. Pwned.

Aha found it:

Ian Philips? comments do not reflect the views of the Force India Formula One Team Management since he is not the designated spokesperson for the team nor is he authorized to speak to the media. His comments should therefore be ignored. We completely deny as baseless, whatever is reportedly attributed to him in reports that have appeared in a section of the press a short while ago.

Source: http://www.forceindiaf1.com/index/page_id/356/news_id/222

Last edited:
Force India are using Mercedes engines this year.

Force India still owes Ferrari money i believe, that's how this came to be..

Force India still owes Ferrari money i believe, that's how this came to be..

yes, I think the contract with ferrari was broke, they had a contract for this season... so FI owe a good money to ferrari...

a picture of massa today:
6277363.felipe_massa_no_racing_festival_grande_premio_333_499.jpg

It seems the skin wounds are all healed. Good.

a video of Massa speaking 3 days ago
http://tazio.uol.com.br/f-1/textos/13794/
it's in portuguese, but you can see that he is looking better,
he is talking about his kart race in november, he confirms that he will be racing and Schumacher and Barrichello to,

there are some talks about Massa returning in Abu Dhabi this year...

a video of Massa speaking 3 days ago
http://tazio.uol.com.br/f-1/textos/13794/
it's in portuguese, but you can see that he is looking better,
he is talking about his kart race in november, he confirms that he will be racing and Schumacher and Barrichello to,

there are some talks about Massa returning in Abu Dhabi this year...
He really is looking better :D

Where is this kart race taking place? Massa Schumi and Rubens is $$$$.

Last edited:
Wow, he looks much better. It hasn't even been that long and what a difference there is. From being feared to never racing again to actually making a great recovery so far. I hope everything continues to go well and can't wait to see him back in the car in March!

MASSA TO TEST 2007 F1 CAR, PLANNING ABU DHABI COMEBACK?

Posted on | October 4, 2009 | by James Allen

More is beginning to emerge about the comeback plan of Felipe Massa. The Brazilian arrives in Italy tomorrow for two weeks of physical training, evaluation and preparation.

Ferrari say that he will go on the simulator in the factory, to test out his reactions and get back into the swing of things.

?Our main target is to make sure that everything is okay from the physical point of view,? said team boss Stefano Domenicali. ?We asked the FIA to make sure that there is no breach of the sporting and testing regulations. This gave us clearance to do the test. We will do it in Fiorano in a 2007 car, with GP2 tyres.?

This is the same as Michael Schumacher used for his physical evaluation test in July which ruled him out of contention for a comeback. Ferrari say that there is no point even asking the other teams for permission to test a 2009 car, as there is some friction at the moment between

Domenicali says that the tests are to see how Massa?s body reacts to being in an F1 car again. He says Massa will definitely not race in Brazil and classes Abu Dhabi ?unlikely?.

?The main target is Bahrain (2010),? he said.

Keen to learn more about how Massa himself views these tests, I have spoken to my Brazilian colleagues and there is one in particular who is very well informed on Massa?s movements and plans.

He tells me that Massa is keen to race in Abu Dhabi. He will travel to Paris after the run on the simulator where he will be checked over by doctors, presumably Jean Todt?s friend Professor Gerard Saillant. if he gives him the all clear and the test in the 2007 car is okay, then Massa intends to ask Ferrari to let him race at Abu Dhabi.

He would still need to pass the FIA medical tests drivers returning from injury must go through.

My Brazilian colleague tells me that Massa is in very good shape, he had no brain trauma and his eyesight is 100%.

Judging from reaction to his comments about being ?robbed? of the championship due to the the Singapore crash scandal, and his harsh words for Piquet, he has lost a bit of sympathy, but perhaps this just shows his frustration at sitting on the sidelines, while F1 goes on.

He is a great competitor and it would be a very positive end to the season were he to get back into the cockpit of an F1 car.

Meanwhile there has been a lot of interest in how Massa will get on with his new team mate Fernando Alonso, given that the pair had a blazing row after the German Grand Prix in 2007. Asked how things stand now between them after that incident Massa said,

?Life is like that. Sometimes you can argue with someone and then the person apologises and life goes on. There is no problem at all.?

Source

A little update...

Massa to drive F1 car next week

08 October 2009

Ferrari have confirmed that Felipe Massa will test a 2007 model Formula One car next week. The Brazilian is in Italy for various preparation activities at the moment before a medical check-up takes place in France on Friday. Upon returning to Italy, however, the 28-year-old will drive the F2007.

Having arrived at Ferrari's Maranello headquarters on Monday before making use of the team simulator in Modena for six hours on Tuesday, Felipe's training continued on Wednesday with more time on the system, driving the Circuit de Catalunya and Interlagos circuits.

Along with a visit to the Gestione Sportiva development section of the company, Massa - who was injured in Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying on 25 July - also worked with Race Engineer Rob Smedley, who continues to monitor the progress of Giancarlo Fisichella at race weekends until the end of the season.

Ferrari has confirmed that, after returning from medical checks in Paris on Friday, Massa will drive the title-winning F2007 early next week - with Monday tipped as a possible day - with GP2-spec Bridgestone tyres fitted.

Spuirce

I sincerely hope it all goes well for him....however, I just can't help but wonder whether Ferrari are getting a little desperate to get him back into that seat ASAP. I just hope he's not rushing it. Only Massa himself and the medical experts will be able to work it out, of course, and determine whether he's ready or should wait until next year, not Ferrari management.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/79343

Massa not expecting Abu Dhabi return

By Matt Beer Friday, October 9th 2009, 09:22 GMT

Felipe Massa says he is highly unlikely to race again this season, despite admitting that he had initially hoped to compete in the season closer in Abu Dhabi.

The injured Ferrari driver has been using the team's simulator this week and will test a 2007 Formula 1 car next Monday, but he now thinks the chances of him being fit for the Yas Marina race in three weeks' time are very remote.

"I hope that I'll be back soon, but I also know that the best thing is that I'm coming back 100 per cent at the start of the next season," Massa wrote in a webchat with fans on Ferrari's website.

"My dream would be to race in Abu Dhabi, but the possibility is really, really low."

Despite not expecting to be fit to race before 2010, Massa was pleased with what he had managed in the simulator this week and is optimistic about his upcoming run in the F2007 - which he confirmed is scheduled for Monday next week.

"I spent two very intense and interesting days driving at Barcelona and then at Interlagos and Abu Dhabi [on the simulator]," Massa wrote.

"Tomorrow I'll go to Paris for some medical check ups at the FIA and on Monday, if the weather is fine, I should finally be behind the wheel of a Formula 1 single-seater. I hope that I can do many miles and do well, not only in terms of performance but also as far as constant lap times are concerned.

"I'm confident and I think that there won't be any problems. It's true that a Formula 1 vibrates a lot and there is lots of physical stress, but I'm used to it."

Massa made his initial return to the track in a kart in Brazil, and said he had noticed no ill-effects from his head injury during that test.

"It was great," he said. "Being on the track again and feeling the kerb is just a great feeling, and it was as if nothing had changed."

probably the best thing to do...

"My dream would be to race in Abu Dhabi, but the possibility is really, really low."