Forza Motorsport 3

i agree on the sensitivities on the ms wheel. it's nothing like playing lfs with a logitech wheel but for what it is, it's not that bad. the demo was a huge relief from nfs: shift. i was getting a little frustrated with the arcady-ness of it and playing f3 felt worlds refined. i'm liking the improvements and overall feel over f2. i can't wait to check out the tuning aspect. overall f3 looks like it's going to be a solid game, still can't wait for it to come out

So I finally get my router to connect the Xbox to internet and download the demo. But I can't get the damn router to connect anywhere. Arrghh! :mad:

While it's probably miles better than the controller and the MS wheel, I just couldn't bring myself to use a wheel with the Porsche badge on it. I'd start insulting myself and self-harming.

Edit: Having said that, the alcantara GT3 wheel looks excellent, as do it's pedals. Hmm, and it's reasonably priced, especially compared to a G25 or G27.

Last edited:
I'm actually in the process of getting the GT3 Clubsport pack in a few weeks. I need a load cell brake, and 1024 bits of resolution on my pedals unlike the shoddy 256 bits on the g25/27...

*Problem is the GT3 RS wheel won't work with the 360.

Last edited:
Some additional confirmed cars. . .

1987 Firebird Trans Am GTA

1969 Charger Daytona

2007 Monte Carlo SS Stock Car

1960 Corvette C1

1990 Camaro IROC-Z

I'm sorry but this made me lol so much:

KoenigseggCCGT_art3.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art6.jpg

KoenigseggCCGT_art4.jpg

Looks fantastic! But....

KoenigseggCCGT_art2.jpg

^LOL, that looks like I made it! Did they texture this in MS paint by any chance?!

The rest of the car is great and the game will be great, but that is truly an awful interior.

Last edited:
wow they didnt even try with that one

The only complaint I have with the physics itself is the cars seem to have too much grip. But that was a problem in the last game too and honestly it doesn't make that much difference. Braking is way improved over the last game and lift-off weight transfer is pretty darn good. It still doesn't seem as natural as LFS or as technical as iRacing, but it's very good.

My beef is the steering and force feedback. The force feedback isn't that great and the steering has weird sensitivities. It's like it's linear in the wrong direction - at first it's fast, then it seems to get slow.

It seems unnaturally difficult to get the rear end of the California to step out. I have a top 300 drift score (last I checked) but its HARD work to even get the car to rotate. You'd think that nailing the throttle in 2nd gear coming out of a tight corner would just instantly light up the rears (hell my 140hp RX7 will step out) but in FM3 it just pulls straight ahead. That's my main gripe, the cars just don't feel alive.

It seems unnaturally difficult to get the rear end of the California to step out. I have a top 300 drift score (last I checked) but its HARD work to even get the car to rotate. You'd think that nailing the throttle in 2nd gear coming out of a tight corner would just instantly light up the rears (hell my 140hp RX7 will step out) but in FM3 it just pulls straight ahead. That's my main gripe, the cars just don't feel alive.

Clutch kick

*Problem is the GT3 RS wheel won't work with the 360.

Well that's stupid, why make a series of wheels that do work with it and make the top of the range model incompatible? I think the lower models look cheap and tacky so I'll have to rethink.

Edit: Just looked at the Turbo S Clubsport set. ?440! I don't think I prepared to pay that much, although it would be better value for money than a G27.

Last edited:

Something wrong on your side. I did a single drift with over 2000 points, and the rear does step out... TC on or something???