(Hair Issues) Is Richard slowly morphing to.....

Looking at the most recent Morrison's ad I think the Serious Brain Injury TM is still causing him issues as he has evidently gone to his riah shusher* of choice and asked for the "Rachel".

*Bonus points to the first PM with a translation and explanation.

Serious Brain Injury TM is a registered trading style of Hammond Holdings (Milking the Sympathy Division).

i don't know about all of this.. i mean his hair. lucky him he's still got it and all that. but still. sometimes i'm thinking he's slowly morphing into james may. don't have the screencaps to post right now, but on occasion i was thinking "oh that's ja... wait a minute, he's rather small. oh it's the hamster.." ugh

That's it. I'm scanning the pics from On the Edge. Seriously.

For those of you who have the book, look at the first set of pictures, especially the ones from when he's in his late teens/early twenties. His hair now is exactly the same as it was then (and, in fact, he's had it longer than it is now). Hamster's going back to the long hair because: 1) he can now, because he's well-established as a presenter and doesn't have to worry about making a good first impression anymore; and 2) as both and he and Skylock have astutely pointed out, he likes having long hair.

For those of you who have the book, look at the first set of pictures, especially the ones from when he's in his late teens/early twenties. His hair now is exactly the same as it was then (and, in fact, he's had it longer than it is now). Hamster's going back to the long hair because: 1) he can now, because he's well-established as a presenter and doesn't have to worry about making a good first impression anymore; and 2) as both and he and Skylock have astutely pointed out, he likes having long hair.

AND he's having a mid-life crisis. :p

Mineworksfine-"Looking at the most recent Morrison's ad I think the Serious Brain Injury TM is still causing him issues as he has evidently gone to his riah shusher* of choice and asked for the "Rachel".

Oh the great days of Julian and Sandy and Round the Horne.

Riah is Polari - gay backslang - for hair but I've never seen an explanation of shusher or why a riah shusher is a hairdresser. Please tell - enquiring minds want to know!

@Fly: :D

@MWF: Now I'm really curious.

I know there has been a debate on Richard's hairdo but I dont know if I really need to get my eyes tested, but thats what I've noticed! :? :blink:

file.php

afghan_dog.jpg

This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture...

I'm fine with however he wants to wear his hair, but the "dememted bed head" look he was sporting in series 12(?)13(?) (can't remember, maybe confusing with an earlier series being shown now on BBCA don't have time to look now) gave me pause. It was chunks of hair going every which way with a big "rat's nest" tangle on the right. Maybe it was a joke? We are talking TG here.

Last edited:

Riah is Polari - gay backslang - for hair but I've never seen an explanation of shusher or why a riah shusher is a hairdresser. Please tell - enquiring minds want to know!

I like to think of myself as being quite proficient in the English language, but I didn't manage to understand one single bit of that! :|

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenna42 View Post

I like to think of myself as being quite proficient in the English language, but I didn't manage to understand one single bit of that!

Sorry, a bit too shorthandy there - try http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Round_the_Horne
"One of the most popular sketches was Julian and Sandy, featuring Paddick and Williams as two flamboyantly camp out-of-work actors, speaking in the gay slang Polari, aka palare, with Horne as their unknowing comic foil. They usually ran fashionable enterprises in Chelsea which started with the word 'Bona', for example 'Bona Pets', or in one episode a firm of solicitors called 'Bona Law' ("We've got a criminal practice that takes up most of our time")."

God almighty, why do people care...
Its not like his hair comes round to your house and kills you in your sleep if it gets too long!:lol:

I think he suits long hair, but women don't like men with long hair in my experiance... they tend to attach stuff to it while you're not looking and laugh at you alot...
Or is that just my experiance... :blink:

(Also ?20 for a hair cut...:blink: I go to the barbers twice a year, say "cut it all back short please" and walk out 15mins later and ?4.50 lighter!):lol:

Speaking only for myself, I have been waiting 10 years for my bf to get out of the army so he can let his grow, and next month, he's out. We will see if he keeps his 10 yr promise.

Got my copy of the book this week. Unfortunately I haven't had much of a chance to read it yet, but I did look at the pictures. Yeah, it is pretty much the same now as it was then, and his fashion sense has definitely improved- so maybe I hate it a little less now. :lol: