Germany has elected: Prettiest/ugliest cars of the year

The RX-8 looks SWEEEEEET!

And the Golf is the best looking hatchback?! The Golf? Best looking?
I'm sorry, but that's just stupid. The Golf is the cutout example of generic-inoffensive-car. It doesn't look bad, but that's only because it doesn't look. It's just there.

I guess the people who voted completely missed the point of it, or suffer a severe taste deficiency. :p

Yes, everyone's wrong except you ;) Typical statement of a young one :p

Personally I think the new Astra looks better than the new Golf.

But I still wouldn't buy it...

Ahem:
spadvwgolfvi.jpg

German's voting on design? That's like Canadian's voting on wine.

Why would you say that? We grow quite a bit of rather good wine in Canada -- the whole area around Niagara Falls is fertile wine-growing country.

Okay, how in the world did the Audi Q7 get second-highest? That thing is horrid to look at!

Put it next to an Escalade - then it's a piece of unbelievable beauty :p

You guys also have to look at the percentages. When a car won with 20 % or so, it doesn't mean everybody liked it. It only means the other cars were liked even less.

And let me remind you again, that this is a 2009 model year vote. Not 2008, not 2007, not 2010, no... 2009.

Personally I can agree with most of the votes, if you consider them an average of all kinds of people, all ages, both genders -- and not only the standard of some internet discussion forum members who barely exited puberty and are still looking for a first car :p

Last edited:
I concur with the list, and with the exception of the Polo, it's pretty even between models. I like the new Polo alot.

1. Small Cars:
3966536214_809dcdec59_o.jpg

2. Hatchbacks:
3965760455_761057ceae_o.jpg

3. Middle Class:
3965760769_881fb7e2f2_o.jpg

4. Luxury Class:

3966537126_b4cd6fd9a9_o.jpg

5. Vans/People Carriers:
3965761071_9ea0c34cc9_o.jpg

6. SUV's:
3966537446_45dee0b8f8_o.jpg

7. Convertibles:
3965761413_8087a8219d_o.jpg

8. Sports Cars (wrong table on the ams homepage, there fore I typed it manually):

Ferrari California 30,5 %
Porsche 911 GT3 29.9 %
Aston Martin One-77 27.6 %
Porsche Cayman 14.0 %
Jaguar XK 11.1 %
Lamborghini Murci?lago SV -0.2 %
Nissan 370 Z - 3.0 %
Lotus Evora -10.0 %
Nissan GT-R -12.8 %
Lotus Exige -24.3 %
Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss -25.3 %
Mazda RX-8 -33.6 %

Source: http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/...s-sind-die-schoensten-autos-2009-1411001.html

While i tend to agree to the general ideas in the list, there's some things I don't get :

- Mitsubishi I in same class as Polo? It's atleast 2 sizes smaller
- Prius should have gotten -1000%. Also, it's not really a hatchback
- why the hate for Subaru Outback? it isn't that ugly
- E and S class Mercs, Rolls Royce and KIA magentis in one and the same category? wat.
- How are a Range Rover Sport, a Pug 3008 and a Toyota Urban Cruizer comparable in size, price, etc?
- Same goes for the convertible section : Fiat 500 vs Bugatti vs Audi A5??

Ummm... it's just about design, not price...

(I should copy and paste this here every 2 hours or so)

Ummm... it's just about design, not price...

(I should copy and paste this here every 2 hours or so)

if that's the case, why bother with the subsections at all? Just have a big jumble of high percentages on top and low percentage cars on the bottom

Nonono. I truly do like the Fiat 500, and would pounce on one if they came stateside via Chrysler.

The Q7 looks horrible if you "do it wrong". As in, stock trim, any color other than Lava Grey or Black, and no sport package. The plastic bumpers are too big on that thing. I support the Range Rover, though.

Lastly, I agree with Z4. Some say it's wierd, but I'd still take it over any Porsche Gayman/Boxster.

The best looking SUV is by far the Volvo XC60.

It has some odd angles, though. And it isn't a 2009 design.

RX8, Murcielago and CX7 ugly? What are they putting in the water over there?