The "Things that annoy me" thread

Why all this dissing of Asians? They are fine generally - a few nutters but do not worry when the get up to heaven there will be forty virgins - imagine if they were from Inverness, good luck with that!

Nobody is dissing asians.... notice the ' :p '

btw what's wrong with Inverness?

Getting really annoyed with people who show up to a concert and spend the whole time talking to their friends instead of taking in the show.

Why all this dissing of Asians?

I use racism ironically in order to deride it and strip it of its power.

leet speak

I use leet speak ironically in order to deride it and strip it of its power.

2mcerrp.jpg

When you are on an empty bus or in a half full lecture hall or whatever, and there are loads of free seats around you, and someone turns up and sits RIGHT NEXT TO YOU :mad:

General case, it is creepy or at the very least someone who has poor social skills. :shifty:

It happened to me today in my HR lecture. There were about 8 empty rows in front of me and these 2 Spanish Erasmus students sit down next to me.

Then, just as the lecture is starting, on of the girl turns to me and asks me if this module is difficult :blink:WTF?

In this case, seems like the objective was probably to gain information from you or to make new a acquaintance. :dunno:

In this case, seems like the objective was probably to gain information from you or to make new a acquaintance. :dunno:

What I was thinking. Don't get me wrong, I hate it when people do that too, but I recognize that it is due to my complete lack of social skills :|

Probably...ya I suppose, but after I told her, the 2 of them started nattering away to themselves for half the lecture, so they more than likely weren't looking for an acquaintance :p

When websites have absurdly high end user computer spec requirements and no low quality option!

On a similar note, websites built entirely in flash and thus have long load times, an annoying UI, and eat resources while having only a superficial visual advantage over regular ones.

Mobile websites that hide the address bar. Usually I try to click things on them too fast because mobile anything takes forever to load, and when I do, it moves the page up on me and I click the wrong thing. Stupid!

When you are on an empty bus or in a half full lecture hall or whatever, and there are loads of free seats around you, and someone turns up and sits RIGHT NEXT TO YOU :mad:

I dont' mind that if its a really hot girl.

People who are on a street with that has a stop sign, and I'm on the through street that doesn't...but they think I do and pull out in front of me...notice that I'm not slowing down as I would if I had a stop sign, and then slam on the brakes and stop in my lane, and now I have to slam on MY brakes so I don't hit the asshole, when if he would have just kept going, I would have only had to slow down slightly to let him through, even though he didn't notice I didn't have a stop sign.

5 times in the last 2 days, just coming home from work.

Last edited:
Today I hate..

Drying dishes I left out overnight to air-dry. I thought they'd be dry by now.
People canceling things at the last possible minute.
My friend calling me at 11:30pm 'cause she's freaking out over our supervised work placement next week and 'forgot' to ring earlier. I answered the question she had by taking out the exact same guidelines she has and simply reading it. :?
Current women's fashions. All these colourful printed dresses and big chunky jewelry just DOES NOT WORK on me. I look a right 'tard. I'll stick to my jeans, shorts and T-shirts.
The fact that no matter how hard I try my cooking is teh suck. Especially annoying when everyone else in my immediate family ('cept my brother who can only manage pre-ackaged microwave meals) can cook really well.
Having to go to the shops on a Thursday = pension day. Old farts everywhere on the roads driving 20 below and braking for no reason. :wall:
The lack of free parking in town here. I never seem to have parking change when I need it.
Our internet provider for being sucky and dropping out every second day despite our complaints and reassurance from them 'We're aware of the problem and are taking all steps to have it resolved as quickly as possible.' Blah.
My hair. It's too much work to manage now it's long, but it always looks like a ball of frizz when I get it cut.
Chairs that are designed for tall people and leave my legs dangling and are generally uncomfortable.
The freaking line at the post office this morning. I was waiting for 25mins to collect a parcel from uni that takes like 20 seconds.
People in said line who clearly have never heard of using deodorant. UGH!
My bank for constantly trying to sell me life insurance when I have no one to support or any income to be able to pay the premiums.
Being unemployed for the first time since I left school. There are practically no jobs available.
On the flip-side, the course I'm doing having such awkward contact hours.

That's it for now.

Last edited:
People who are on a street with that has a stop sign, and I'm on the through street that doesn't...but they think I do and pull out in front of me...notice that I'm not slowing down as I would if I had a stop sign, and then slam on the brakes and stop in my lane, and now I have to slam on MY brakes so I don't hit the asshole, when if he would have just kept going, I would have only had to slow down slightly to let him through, even though he didn't notice I didn't have a stop sign.

5 times in the last 2 days, just coming home from work.

On the flip side, I hate people who see an intersection and immediately assume they have a stop sign regardless of the fact that they most certainly do not. I have to deal with this shit at least twice a day.

or the "fuck you I have a huge truck" people who don't care that they have a stop sign and you don't and just pull out because fuck you they have a huge truck.

or the "fuck you I have a huge truck" people who don't care that they have a stop sign and you don't and just pull out because fuck you they have a huge truck.

For me it was the "Fuck you!. See my car? I've got nothing to lose, so I'm fuckin' goin'!"

The first car that pulled out from his stop sign was a limousine with 4 people in the back.

When simple stationary is made soooo unnecessarily complicated (and expensive) because of some stupid gimmick, which is meant to make things easier for us, but just make it worst.

All I wanted was a box of paper clips. Could get one for ?1.50 in some places, but what does the UL bookshop have? A simple box? A plastic bag full? No.

All they had was this super sexy contraption with magnets and non-stick bottom, with a tiny bag of paper clips inside it. Total cost...?4.99.

When websites have absurdly high end user computer spec requirements and no low quality option!

And even worse than this one, websites that only work in IE. If you're going to sell your soul to the devil, don't take the rest of us with you.