New Jaguar XE

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
I hope to God it looks nothing like this. The new Jag design is starting to look worse over time. They need to go away from this Lexus like direction and move to something less generic and more distinguished.

Jaguar-Concepts-29999311134181600x1060.jpg

Jaguar?s next generation of sports cars is on the verge of ditching its E-type-inspired oval grille because the design isn?t sufficiently adaptable.

The company?s designers are struggling to stretch the shape to fit the nose of the two new models: the XK and new XE.

?The problem is that the proportions are all wrong when the shape is stretched. They?re not sure if it has got much more life left,? said an insider.

The solution also hasn?t been decided yet, although it could be argued that a shape like that of the new XJ/XF grille makes sense for a small car company like Jaguar, which could boost its brand clarity by focusing on a single, memorable grille design.

Getting the BMW Z4-sized front-engined, rear-drive XE to market is taking longer than some insiders had hoped. Although the two-seater is being planned in aluminium as a platform derivative of the next-generation XK coup? and convertible, the exact direction of each model is the subject of a fierce debate internally.

One faction reckons the next XK needs to get bigger and more luxurious to make room for the smaller car. That envisages the XK growing up to a size close to Maserati?s GranTurismo and featuring a pair of proper rear seats.

But another wants the XK to keep to its current theme and dimensions, which historically has been the foundation of its sales. The challenge is engineering the two cars on the same platform so they share costly elements like the front bulkhead and engine bay, but are also positioned sufficiently apart from each other to appeal to different customers at different price points.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/News/NewsArticle.ASpx?AR=243690

On the one hand, that's just a render with the C-XF nose on what looks like an V8 Vantage backside. On the other hand, barring some stylistic miracle, IMO the '05 or older XK is still the best-looking of the modern Jags. Pass.

Jaguar_XK180_Concept-1-sm.jpg

More of this please. All I'm seeing is an XK with a lower roofline.

edit - fixed the link.

Last edited:
I don't think Chevy would be happy with Jaguar stealing their design though.

The new XJ/XF design is meh. But I do dig the new XK quite a bit. He has shown he can produce a nice car.

I like the new Jag. Its getting away from the Aston look. This, to me, is distinguished. Racy and classy all in one.. its a Jaaaaagggg

^ That. Sure the old Jaguar was 'classical' and 'prestige', but if people want that they can go buy second hand. New Jaguar is cool.

In before the Callumbashing

Whoever does some Callumbashing is an idiot. I am not too fond of the idea of this car - a convertible 3 Series may work, but not an XF. However it is a beautiful creation, but alas if they do make it then it won't look anything like this (a la C-XF and XF)

Brand clarity for Jaguar? How hard can it be?

Halve the height of the new XJ grille, put a retractable leaping Jaguar on the hood, and YOU'RE DONE.

As a huge fan of the XF & XK, this looks fantastic - sure it's a meaningless render, but it still looks great.

Why do they make it so hard for themselves? Just make the F-Type. Throw in a couple of new design details like a funky light assembly or tauten the lines a bit and you're done.

As a huge fan of the XF & XK, this looks fantastic - sure it's a meaningless render, but it still looks great.

x2. That rendering doesn't look too bad.

I think jag needs to be careful though. With their current styling language, they can't be too clean in the detailing with it or it'll just look generic.

to jag
Maebara_Keiichi_from_HnNKn_by_Manga.jpg

you have one of the best shapes in the industry, as recognizable and characteristic as Porsche's so what do you do, fuck it up.

There are quite a few different renderings out there, and most are quite ugly. (potential hotlink fail)
2013-jaguar-xe---new_460x0w.jpg

jaguar-xe-will-also-_460x0w.jpg

jaguar-trademarks-c-_460x0w.jpg

jaguar-xe-to-debut-i_460x0w.jpg

F-type was sex on wheels:

jag_ftype.jpg

f-type-4.jpg

There are quite a few different renderings out there, and most are quite ugly. (potential hotlink fail)
2013-jaguar-xe---new_460x0w.jpg

jaguar-trademarks-c-_460x0w.jpg

jaguar-xe-to-debut-i_460x0w.jpg

all of those are fail. The last one is extra fail because of ridiculously big wheels.

The original posters one... FTW though

On the one hand, that's just a render with the C-XF nose on what looks like an V8 Vantage backside. On the other hand, barring some stylistic miracle, IMO the '05 or older XK is still the best-looking of the modern Jags. Pass.

Word. The current-gen XK is pure sex. Burning, flaming sex torching and melting the freeway as it burns past you in XK-R attire, the trails of fire and molten tar it leaves forming into sculptures of Keeley Hazell and Lucy Pinder.

I like this one. It's C-8.

Last edited: