Opportunity to bid for drawing made by James

Good news! I just got an email from the seller, saying for 16 quid they'll ship outside the UK:

the seller said:
Dear bidder,

Hi there,

Yes, we can ship to the UK, however the postage and packaging cost will be ?16 to cover signed-for airmail to the US.

Many thanks and happy bidding!
Cats Protection

- cp_celebritypaws

It now stands at 92 pounds though, which is about the max I was willing to pay for it. :(

155 pounds now!!!! Wow like what $310? outrageous. Must have been spotted by that one James May love forum :)

damn, I was going to bid a limit of 200 pound on it :(

155 pounds now!!!! Wow like what $310? outrageous. Must have been spotted by that one James May love forum :)

I dont know, I probably give at least that much to my local animal shelter a year and I do not get anything for it. And that is not counting the stuff I give them when i find a good deal like the case of paper towels I gave last week. 50 cents a roll is too good to pass up.

I would NEVER pay that just for a picture drawn by someone, no matter who it was, but I would pay that for a picture drawn by someone to support a charity I support anyway.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, NEVER place a bid on ebay no matter what it iis you want. Snipe it. I have two sites I use. The first is www.hammersnipe.com (can only do 3 free ones a week) and www.gixen.com .

I decide what my top bid will be, win or lose, set up the program, and it will place the bid just a few seconds before the end. I almost always get what I want. You can also do the same thing yourself by reframing from bidding until it is in the final minute if it is still within a price you would pay. By holding your bid until noone can outbid you, you have kept the price lower too because there was no bidding war between you and someone else..

ONEHUNDERDANDEIGHTY!!!! :D

At least now I don't even have to think about it anymore. I'm sure it will end up in the home of a nice cat-loving James May fan somehwere.

I'd pay up to ?500 for it if Mrs Tone would let me. But I'd be sniping for it - manually. Automatic sniping software just isn't cricket.

ONEHUNDERDANDEIGHTY!!!! :D

At least now I don't even have to think about it anymore. I'm sure it will end up in the home of a nice cat-loving James May fan somehwere.

As it should. If it was the animal shelter I support having it, I would bid. But as it is, I think it is better if it goes to someone who is a James May fan and supports that type of organization anyway. Of course, new blood is very welcome too. I just hate to see that type of thing go to someone who doesnt really care when there are so many that do.

I once bought a cake for $125, and the funniest part was, I wasn't even bidding, I was telling a story. But it was money for a trip my son was going on, so I paid it. I don't think anyone else knew what happened except for my sons old babysitter who happened to be the person I was telling the story to.

Last edited:
Whoever made that last bid, is trying to buy the handprints of Phil Collins, Chrissie Hynde and David Jason as well

I was going to bid but I can't because of the exchange rate.

LOL. I love cats in hats. Thanks.

How about cats as hats!:D
funny-pictures-cat-hat-head.jpg

I dont know, I probably give at least that much to my local animal shelter a year and I do not get anything for it. And that is not counting the stuff I give them when i find a good deal like the case of paper towels I gave last week. 50 cents a roll is too good to pass up.

I would NEVER pay that just for a picture drawn by someone, no matter who it was, but I would pay that for a picture drawn by someone to support a charity I support anyway.

I forgot it was for a charity i guess that makes it ok. LOL

Oh and thanks Brent_si for correcting me. i didn't look it up :)

Last edited:
It sold for ?271. Hell, I would have paid ?271 for it! *facepalm* That's only around AUD$500 these days. A small price to pay to have a piece of May in my house.

Still way cheaper than the most expensive paw print (Alison Goldfrapp, ?502).

Last edited:
^ SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot about this and I was going to bid 300 pound!!!!!!!!!!

^ SHIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot about this and I was going to bid 300 pound!!!!!!!!!!

Sniping is your friend. Personally I would just find a way to make one of his appearances and ask him to draw me one. Worked for me with Eddie. Tell him you will make a nice donation to the cause as thanks.

I would much rather have one drawn for me in front of my eyes, but maybe that is just me.