Random Thoughts....

I spent a ton of time on the first two generations of Pokemon, and after that Gran Turismo 2 and 4 have been major timesinks. Also GTA San Andreas and GTA IV. Never could get into most RPGs.

Then I'm off to vote! And mum is inevitably going to baby me like mad when I'm at the booth.

Just go alone. That's what I'll do. And amusingly my first vote will be not that long after my birthday, and will be the one where Mr Brown will leave Number 10. If that doesn't happen, I shall purchase a hat, and I shall eat it.

I just woke up and realized I should have been up 3 hours ago. I missed my two classes today. Bother.

I remember buying a knock off version of pokemon on holiday in the Canary Islands, was one you'd never heard of before and it wouldn't save. <_<

That's what put me off the whole thing. That and the dreary repetitiveness of the cartoon series.

^ I never got into Pokemon. I think I had one starter pack, but didn't get the attraction of it. I loved my mini-scooter though. :p

Yaaay! Off to see Tim Minchin live this evening - plus I get to drive there! Driving on my own is so rare now it is painful. I would drive to school everyday when it is a bit easier, and a lot cheaper to take the train, which I do now. :(

I know what you mean. I've considered driving to work, but it's cheaper, about 40 minutes quicker and much less hassle to go on the train. Even if I do sometimes have to stand at the door like a sardine, next to the local nutters.

Or I may be one of them.

I just woke up and realized I should have been up 3 hours ago. I missed my two classes today. Bother.

I hate it when that happens. I've had it where I've set an alarm for 8am and woken up at 1pm. I'm pretty sure I subconsciously got up, walked across my room, shut the alarm off and went back to bed.

I hate it when that happens. I've had it where I've set an alarm for 8am and woken up at 1pm. I'm pretty sure I subconsciously got up, walked across my room, shut the alarm off and went back to bed.

^ I do that almost daily. I have managed to train myself to hit snooze instead of turning it off, so I set my alarm 15 minutes earlier than I need to and after a few iterations I usually get a clue. And just to make sure I use my phone as a second alarm.

Yeah, I imagine it has something to do with the cold medicine I took last night (further and tangential information on that in the NSFW random thoughts thread). Normally I wake up before the alarm even goes off.

Right. Back from my big birthday shopping spree.

Got Master of Puppets, and Hammond's new book. I then headed into O Mahoney's and contemplated buying Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for ?9.40 each, total cost :?47, but I figured I could maybe do better than that somewhere else...

So I bought The Time Machine (which I kind of half regret now...), and James' Car Fever instead.:D

And then Mum bought Robin McGraw's book :?

So, did anyone watch Letterman last night? I've just heard about the drama. In what is quite possibly the oddest and most awkward mix of serious confession and attempted comedy I've ever seen, he's admitted to having affairs with his staff (and exactly who is surprised?) as a result of a blackmail scheme. It's very bizarre and highly worth 10 minutes of your time.

[YOUTUBE]-pP8C-BPC5E[/YOUTUBE]

I think that might have been the one that was on TV tonight. I didn't bother watching it... I usually only catch Letterman once or twice a week these days.

I'll watch that clip now, though! Sounds... odd.

*grabs popcorn*

EDIT: Whoa. I hadn't heard anything about any of that!

He looked very upset, there. Shit, I don't even really know what to say... It's all very bizarre.

Last edited:
Well, it aired beginning at 11:35pm October 1 on the east coast of the US. Dunno what that translates to in Oz TV terms.

I then headed into O Mahoney's and contemplated buying Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy for ?9.40 each, total cost :?47, but I figured I could maybe do better than that somewhere else...

Just go for the big fat omnibus.

And once you're done with that, you'll need Dirk Gently (again, might as well go for the omnibus even though it's just two books) and Salmon of Doubt.

On a side note, I just discovered that they did a Dirk Gently radio play. BRB, need to accquire that.

I just realized I got my first neg rep! I also learned someone loved a comment I made. It's nice to be appreciated.

I just realized I got my first neg rep! I also learned someone loved a comment I made. It's nice to be appreciated.

What did you write that upset people?

EDIT: Whoa. I hadn't heard anything about any of that!

He looked very upset, there. Shit, I don't even really know what to say... It's all very bizarre.

Wasn't it weird! I kept wishing the audience would stop laughing. It's always so uncomfortable when the comedians try to do a serious bit but still throw in random gags and jokes in strange places. Conan did it too on Monday when they showed the bit where smacked his head (which I cannot for the life of me find the full clip of on youtube, sorry).

I have a feeling this was kept VERY quiet as a result of the police investigation. He could hardly go on national TV and talk about giving the guy a fake check. It does explain why the show was suddenly in reruns a couple of weeks ago. I can't believe he didn't call the cops the minute he found the box in his car. I would have.

Last edited: