Gran Turismo 5

Night racing and weather is two VERY important features. And it really makes me want this game.. It's what i miss in Forza.. Being able to race in the rain. That'd be undeniably awesome. And racing at night, in the rain.. Very cool :p

Rain, night, fog and improved engine sounds would push gt5 into a catagory awesome reserved purely for lesbian three-somes. :)

Has anyone had the chance to play with Gran Turismo for PSP? I have to say that I had very high hopes for this game. Unfortunately, a series of (rather large) flaws make this one of the most disappointing iterations of Gran Turismo. First of all, unlike the previous GT games, there is no career mode. Basically, you do a bunch of seemingly meaningless races only to unlock cars. At any given moment, there are only 4 cars (including thee player) available for each race. Another significant difference from previous GT games is that at any given "game day", you are allowed to chose from 4 random car dealerships. What this basically means is that you will likely have to wait for a while until the right car make comes to YOU. I'll be doing some multiplayer gameplay with my friend tomorrow, and I'll let you guys know if it's any good or not.

Initial Impressions: 7.5/10
The only redeeming features of this game are the amazing looking graphics and the infamous Gran Turismo level of attention to detail and realism. It looks as though I won't be deleting my GT2 eboot just yet...

Night racing and weather is two VERY important features. And it really makes me want this game.. It's what i miss in Forza.. Being able to race in the rain. That'd be undeniably awesome. And racing at night, in the rain.. Very cool :p

Rain, night, fog and improved engine sounds would push gt5 into a catagory awesome reserved purely for lesbian three-somes. :)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziD3GPMekhk[/YOUTUBE]

Since Gran Turismo 3 we've had this! ^_^

So night + wet isn't a new feature. But I can only imagine how it will look like in a PS3... :drool:

aaaaand everyone seems to agree that it's utter utter shit, too :p

I didn't want to ruin it for him before he got there. :lol:

Night racing's been around since the first one. You know, Special Stage Route 11 and all that.

I meant dynamic weather and day night cycle. when i do a 24 hour race at le mans i dont want it to be daylight the whole race.

Where are the pics?

Night racing's been around since the first one. You know, Special Stage Route 11 and all that.

Yeah! ^_^

But Night racing + Wet was added to GT3 which made the experience even better! :)

starfox07 said:
Where are the pics?

I re-hotlinked them. They were taken down from GT PLanet because they were replaced for better resolution ones :p

Last edited:
More new car news: someone took this screen from the PSP game on the GTPlanet forums.

How does Polyphony get the licensing for the advertising? (eg. Pal Zileri as shown above)

Side note: Anyone remember how we (as in the forums) reacted about GT4 graphics? Or is everyone here too new to the forums to remember.

Last edited:
How does Polyphony get the licensing for the advertising? (eg. Pal Zileri as shown above)
Not sure but they did try hard to replicate the location
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blitzr/2009/10/03/Route_246.JPG
Even has the Maserati and Bentley signs there too (which I think is a dealership).
Also
https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blitzr/2009/10/03/Route_246_2.JPG

Last edited: