What else can they blame Jeremy for you ask.....

skylock

Car(s)
Honda Civic
A senior clergyman has blamed Jeremy Clarkson for driving away potential applicants to a church posting in the Black Country after the Top Gear presenter described the area as "the worst place in the world".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...st-place-in-the-world-by-Jeremy-Clarkson.html

The post of vicar of Wednesbury has stood empty for nearly two years despite advertisements in the Church of England press appealing for candidates.

The dean of the area, the Revd Preb Richard Inglesby, has issued a plea for new applicants and urged them to ignore Clarkson's jibes. During an appearance on the television quiz show Have I Got News For You, Clarkson said: "I've just got back from Disney World. It's the worst place in the world - apart from Wednesbury. Wednesbury is the worst place in the world."

He (jeremy) previously attacked the town as an "eyesore" and claimed it was "poor and crime-ridden with high unemployment".

Writing in defence of the town, Revd Inglesby said: "The West Midlands may not register very high on your 'most desirable' list of places to live and work. But don't be deceived by common misconceptions, often based on no more than motorway delays or Jeremy Clarkson's derogatory remarks.

"Jeremy Clarkson is an individual with little or no taste as far as I'm concerned, and making snap judgments without spending any time with the people of Wednesbury is not helpful."

Hmmmm, maybe Jeremy could say the same about this man?

Bah, just another reason why religion just doesn't get it. Maybe someone should define the definition of irony to him.

Ignoring any comments that Jeremy may have said, the fact remains that the job on offer was vacant for two years.
This speaks volumes regarding the attractiveness of the place.

Now with the free publicity, he will probably fill the vacancy, but that wont change the fact the town is probably a dump. :lol:

if he does fill the spot because of the publicity... they could almost be accused of double standards since without JC no one would have heard of this small little town.

I think I'm going to blame Clarkson for me not getting my homework done. That'll show 'em.

Jeremy Clarkson caused 9/11 by flashing too many expensive cars, and by therefore making Al Qaeda jealous of the western world. Let's all go and eat his brains.

Jeremy Clarkson caused 9/11 by flashing too many expensive cars, and by therefore making Al Qaeda jealous of the western world. Let's all go and eat his brains.

Haha wow. If you think like that you could link JC to every major event lol.

I have been to Wednesbury, My Granddad used to live their and its a complete dump. If you any of you are thinking about visiting (HaHa), Don't bother, Listen to Jeremy on this one.

:lol:

Nobody in the middle east has a fast car, so I buy it :mrgreen:

:lol:

Nobody in the middle east has a fast car, so I buy it :mrgreen:

Correction: No-one in the problem areas of the Middle East such as Iraq/Pakistan/Afghanistan/etc. has a fast car, and that's why there's no terrorism in places like the UAE.

I think I may actually be on to something:lol:

Mmmm Clarkson brains...

I say he LITERALLY caused the banking crisis by showing all the bankers who had a brain shiny cars, so they go driving around in them whilst the bankers with no brains continue to run the place and erm... fuck it up!

MORRIS MARINAS FOR ALL BANKERS IN FUTURE!

I got lost once and ended up in Wednesbury on a Sunday morning. It was like something out of one of those science fiction movies where everyone's been taken over by a giant pod. A dump, and weird as well.

Clarkson rained out my football game with his, um, donkey farts and whatnot. Global warming. Climate PMS. Not running over enough ecomentalists or something.

sounds like the book World War Z was inspired by Clarkson Extinction Level Event.

The July 2005 London bombings were Clarkson's fault, too... they'd watched the Top Gear race to Oslo a few days prior, learned that you can get all sorts of drugs in the Netherlands, went to Amsterdam, got totally fucked out on drugs, then came back to England and were all like, "Clarkson yeah!!! He hates public transport!!! Let's destroy all the buses and trains!!!!"

Not to jump off topic, only slightly, but when did this episode air? I just checked and there haven't been any Have I Got News For You episodes since June... (Isn't a new series starting soon?)

I'm surprised Jeremy still lives in Britain and puts up with this neurotic, "blame someone else for my problems" paralysis.