2009 Japanese Formula 1 Grand Prix

WOW Truilli gets in front of Hamilton

WOW Truilli gets in front of Hamilton

yup, dismal race for hamilton today. He didn't make anything happen today, basically binned the race win that he could have gotten with KERS and similar fuel load.

Kimi drove a bloody fantastic race, really did well in the middle stint to beat Heidfeld.

Trulli did well to get his P2 result (if he gets it). Looks like Vettel is gonna claim this victory.

Button is still pushing hard to try and maximise his results. Jense drove extremely well today, his out lap was 5 sec faster than hamilton.

Last edited:
Jaime is out... He binned it at 130R!

He already lost it the once on the astroturf, this is the second time now. S/C is out!

Big mess and SC. This will change things.

Big mess and SC. This will change things.

Will they just follow the S/C till the race finishes?

I think Rosberg needs to pit.

Will they just follow the S/C till the race finishes?

I think Rosberg needs to pit.

Long laps under SC, we see at least few laps after restart. Japanese will quickly fix up that tire barrier.

I can't work out what's going on with Rosberg. Shame Alguersuari binned it.

Long laps under SC, we see at least few laps after restart. Japanese will quickly fix up that tire barrier.

Yeah, race will resume in a few laps time.

I can't work out what's going on with Rosberg. Shame Alguersuari binned it.

well it's bound to happen isn't it? He has already had a few close calls around 130R. The crash was just a matter of time.

Edit : 5th pit stop for Mark Webber

Last edited:
I have to say I'm REALLY impressed with the japanese track marshals. The whole weekend they've been really efficient. As soon as there is a crash etc. these guys are immediately on the scene and straight of to cleaning. As soon as the driver is out of the car, there is a pully on the car to lift it of.

My hat is of to these guys... The other tracks (especeially some...), should really be paying attention to how thiings should be done.

McLaren's KERS is stuffed.

4 laps remaining. S/C in on this lap.

Let's see what Kimi can do with his working KERS.

Safety car in this lap, but that barrier didn't look that good to be honest.

Got to love that massive Merc noise.

Fuck that S/C made things interesting!

Vettel wins!!!!!

Driver of the day : Vettel, Trulli & Kimi!

Last edited:
great job by vettel and damn he was quick all weekend

Last edited:
Good race! Amazing drive by Vettel, and congrats to Trulli for keeping up the pace for once :) Lewis wringed the neck of that car, but it's still 3 tenths down in the first sector (high speed). But still, he was quicker with malfunctioning KERS than Kimi was with KERS :D That's good...

Absolutely great race from Vettel, considering he has only driven in Suzuka the once, and it was back in 2005's FP session.

Two very deserving racers on the podium today!

Woohoo SEB!!! :D:thumbup::banana:
I pretty much spent the whole race praying his bloody engine wouldn't disintegrate, LOL.
Mark's bad luck seems to be back (although I see he did get fastest lap), but I couldn't have expected too much in this race starting from the pits.
Nicely done from Trulli to hold onto second and Raikkonen moving up also, it's a shame Hamilton had problems there, could have been closer at the top.

Oh, and poor Jaime. :( His inexperience has really been showing this weekend, that shunt looked nasty. Thank goodness he's okay. Also, if McLaren want the constructor's title for next year they really must get Kimi in place of Heikki. I like the guy, but he's just making too many errors / being too slow.

Oh yeah, and Heikki's move on Fisi was epic :D Loved it!

Oh yeah, and Heikki's move on Fisi was epic :D Loved it!

That was rather spectacular, he caught Fisi napping in the F60.

Great move, unfortunately he couldn't deliver the final result.