need new windsheild wiper blades

GRtak

Forum Addict
What are good brands and which are just hype. The last set I bought lasted about 4 months(don't remember brand). They are for a 92 Roadmaster.

Don't know about the US, but Bosch ones are good here.

I've always had luck with the Anco Aero Advantage. Also tried some of the 1-piece Anco's (don't remember the name), they worked well for about a year. Not sure if that offset the price of $20 each. A good coat of Rain-X always helps a wiper's performance.

I have those frameless, curvy ones. I like that I can use them year-round, they work as winter and summer blades. I think it came to $30 CAD for the pair.

This doesn't apply to the original poster's locale of Michigan, but the US market Bosch blades tend to disintegrate rapidly in hot climates, necessitating frequent replacement.

Also, the "lifetime" silicone wiper blades sold at Walmart and other locations? Don't bother, they suck.

I have those frameless, curvy ones. I like that I can use them year-round, they work as winter and summer blades. I think it came to $30 CAD for the pair.

Thats what I use as well. They work very well as winter blades and in the summer they don't melt like other "winter blades."

I think I paid around $20 for the pair. Its well worth it.

This doesn't apply to the original poster's locale of Michigan, but the US market Bosch blades tend to disintegrate rapidly in hot climates, necessitating frequent replacement.

Also, the "lifetime" silicone wiper blades sold at Walmart and other locations? Don't bother, they suck.

So along that line, what do you like in your hot climate? I have some ultra crap wipers on my Passat because I was desperate, had to go to Walmart, and all they had in my size where the cheap ones. When I was already at Walmart and THEN had to cheap out, I knew they'd be bad and expected to replace them soon. I can't stand wipers that make racket. I know it's nearly "winter" but we'll have maybe 5 days of hard freeze all winter but lots of rain.

Last edited:
So along that line, what do you like in your hot climate? I have some ultra crap wipers on my Passat because I was desperate, had to go to Walmart, and all they had in my size where the cheap ones. When I was already at Walmart and THEN had to cheap out, I knew they'd be bad and expected to replace them soon. I can't stand wipers that make racket. I know it's nearly "winter" but we'll have maybe 5 days of hard freeze all winter but lots of rain.

Not anything made by these idiots:

http://www.jamakwipers.com/products.php

Anco and Trico seem to make good, reliable wipers. Michelin branded wipers (made by Pylon) seem to do okay. Pylon's actual own brand aren't too good. RainX seems to work okay but they're a bit expensive.

Realize that down here, wiper replacement is normal at about 6 month intervals. I was having 2 month intervals with the Bosch products. I haven't tried the Bosch Icon units yet, but I don't expect them to be any better.

I was looking at the Rain-X ones as they are currently on sale for $8 each. There are also some Tricos on sale for $7.50 each. Maybe I will try those curvy ones, you Canadians have about the same winter conditions I get here.

I normally get about 1-1.5 years out of a pair of wiper blades, that is why the 4 months really ticked me off. They weren't inexpensive, just cheap.

Not anything made by these idiots:

http://www.jamakwipers.com/products.php

Anco and Trico seem to make good, reliable wipers. Michelin branded wipers (made by Pylon) seem to do okay. Pylon's actual own brand aren't too good. RainX seems to work okay but they're a bit expensive.

Realize that down here, wiper replacement is normal at about 6 month intervals. I was having 2 month intervals with the Bosch products. I haven't tried the Bosch Icon units yet, but I don't expect them to be any better.

Thanks a bunch. With as much rain as we're getting these days, mine are really making me batty. I'd much rather avoid known crap. So much easier that way.