Need For Speed: Shift

Both of which are booohooohooohoooring. I went with the Rebenton. Is nice. :)

The CGT is fairly slow for its class. I couldn't get within 5 seconds of the F1 on any of the longer circuits with it.

I was driving a stock RX7 on Laguna today and I noticed something:

in quick race, with no opponents, the car was always settled and never really got out of line on bumps.

Same track, same car, with 15 opponents, and suddenly every tiny little bump would put me into a half-spin.

Yet another curious manifestation of the Bounce.

I just bought a 360 controller just for this [well since i play other games that aren't racing, thought controller was gonna be better than a wheel in this case]

I shed seconds off my laps, great investment and love the force feedback :p

Just bought an R8 and upgraded it (sans bodykit) to pre-works and took it on the Nordschleife. Anyone figured out yet how to record replays? I want to share this experience with you people. O_O

EDIT: Woah:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYJqBMjebfY[/youtube]

Last edited:
That has made me decide that I want this game.

I luv NFS shift. If anyone has the PC version and wants to race online, let me know. We can create a finalgear group of people that race online.

Any of 'em really. The AI cars scale regardless of what they are driving. You can win in any T4 car (even T3).

The Zonda R is definitely the fastest. I think the Carrera GT is the nicest to drive though.

oh thx dude

i totally forgot about the carerra gt

That has made me decide that I want this game.
That was with damage off. With damage turned fully on (not just cosmetic, mechanical too), that car would have been a write off.

The game has mechanical damage? I've played with the damage on full, even with that wacky race on the figure 8 circuit, toward the end of the race the car would look like it had been through a demolish derby (which that race is anyway) but will still handle as it did at the begining. Could just be another bug on the PS3 version.

The game has mechanical damage? I've played with the damage on full, even with that wacky race on the figure 8 circuit, toward the end of the race the car would look like it had been through a demolish derby (which that race is anyway) but will still handle as it did at the begining. Could just be another bug on the PS3 version.
It depends on your difficulty level. ;)

Go into Settings -> Gameplay and you can enable or disable damage affecting your car.

Right I see it now. Figure 8 is too short to notice any damage to suspension or engine. Takes a bit to notice damage actually.

Yeah, not exactly realistic, after crashing 5 times on the nordschleife at speeds of 150 km/h + the only thing wrong with it was a bit of shake at high speed and having to constantly hold the wheel to the right to go straight. Would have written the car off on the first crash irl.

i also found this now...

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=864613

Need For Speed Shift Simulation SK MOD V2.7

*Realistic Grip and physics !
*Improved physics tick rate !
*Correct center of gravity !
*Fixed Stupid AI !
*Removed all blur !
*Removed Bloom ! (thnx to yodastar which released the file for each track)
*Fixed G25 Controller ! (no more steer LAG !!!) and good direct ffb feeling
*Correct kerbstone feeling now ! (not just rumble)
*Correct Forcefeedback from Front Wheels
*Better Feeling of the car
*Correct steering ! although ingame graphics wont show enaf turn
*No Repacking

The game is like rfactor now but with better graphic's

How To install the mod

First unpack your need for speed.
put the 4 files from the NFS Unpacker Folder in your need for speed shift game root (the folder where the game is installed)
...\Need for Speed SHIFT\
CLick on game_unpack.bat To unpack the game !!!
Extracting all files will take some time 20-30 mins.

After unpacking, right-click on the NFS:Shift shortcut on your desktop, select Properties and add the option '-loose'
to the Target path. The option makes the game accept unpacked files.
( example, Target: "...\Need for Speed SHIFT\shift.exe" -loose )
(more detailed and make the game run it unpacking http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=166542)

Copy The Files from my mod to your NFS:SHIFT installation directory and click replace all.

This controller mod is specialy made for the g25. the mod replaced the Logitech g25 separate pedals preset.
you can also use this with all other gaming wheels.

You can start the game now ! but first load the g25 separate pedals preset Options->Gameplay->Controls
and load the Logitech g25 separate pedals (preset 6) you can edit the controls as you like,
The mappings of what buttons or pedal does what but don't edit the settings from adjust control.
They are loaded out of my config and contain changes not shown in the game !

Always change your controller even if its already on this profile ( just load a preset and then go back to preset 6 )
Otherwise it won't use the new settings! and remeber the old default crap...

Try the game i guess u will be amazed how much better it is then the default game.

Of course play in pro mode with all aids off !!!!!!

Download FULL MOD V2.7

http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/seba...FSSIMSKV27.rar

If you want more comppetetive ai

change in physicstweaker.xml

THIS
from

<prop name="ai brake power" data="0.85" />
<prop name="ai brake grip" data="0.5" />
<prop name="ai corner grip" data="0.5" />

to

<prop name="ai brake power" data="1.0" />
<prop name="ai brake grip" data="1.0" />
<prop name="ai corner grip" data="1.0" />

change any value you like

No Lag + goodFFB v2.7 SK CONTROLLER SETTINGS ONLY ---> http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/seba...g-NFSSHIFT.rar

Oh christ I FINALLY got to play again tonight for only the second time since I bought the damn game and I am having SO MUCH FUN. I'm really not a video gamer either...this and GT5P and Little Big Planet are really the first time I've really played a lot of video games but I'm loving it. I just unlocked the Tier 2 races but I have to go to bed and save those for another day. I really do need to give it a try with my wheel...