Itunes Canada to sell Top Gear episodes?

sae

I heard it say that BBC has a channel in Itunes Canada that can be used to purchase Top Gear. Is this true? And if so doesn't anyone know if the episodes are edited?

I don't know about the episodes being available in Canada over Itunes but only the original airings of the episodes are not edited in any way. The versions broadcast in the rest of the world always have different soundtracks because of copyright issues and are sometimes cut. I believe this is also the case with the episodes available via Itunes in the US

edit: Searched the Canada Itunes store and the 11th season of TG is available for purchase at $9.99

Last edited:
Hey, I didn't want to start a new thread so I figured posting in here would work...

I was wondering if any other Canadians had purchased Seasons 11 or 12 on iTunes, and if so, could state whether the episodes are there in their entirity or if they're edited for content.

From what I see on iTunes, the episodes for Season 12 seem to be of appropriate length, but before I buy I just wanted to make sure. I would rather not purchase if I'm going to end up with episodes that are cut and/or contain different music tracks and whatnot.

Thanks for any and all info!

Series 7, 11 and 12 are available so far on iTunes Canada, including the Vietnam Special.

The episodes on the iTunes Canada store are edited to substitute music that couldn't be licensed. It's not a complete 100% replacement of music, but it's bad enough that anyone familiar with the original episodes are going to be put off.

Also, some content has been clipped from some of the episdes -- there's about 10 minutes missing from 11x6 (the episode with zee Germans)

That said, the quality of the videos is quite a lot better than the rips made available through Final Gear. An enterprising (and bored) individual might try putting the Final Gear rip audio on top of the iTunes Store video..........

I have noticed that some of the episodes i've downloaded are missing content as well. In episode one of season 13 they do a preview of the upcoming episodes. They part I never saw was the part where the flip the lorry on the test track. Is that in any of the episodes?

That film didn't actually appear in Series 13.... the going theory is that it will show up in series 14 this fall.

Ok I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. Is there an episode in season 12 with someone riding a dirt bike? I remember in the preview jc says stigs communist cousin and a bike being right after it. I have never seen that.

Last edited:
The versions broadcast in the rest of the world always have different soundtracks because of copyright issues and are sometimes cut. I believe this is also the case with the episodes available via Itunes in the US

(Some of) the music is changed; and--in the case of S10--bits are cut. (S11 and 12 are uncut but with different music. I imagine it's similar for S7.)

Can someone tell me where I can go to view the deleted scene from the Vietnam special?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOTbb6wjtAg[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks alot. And can someone help me with my rep or something. I would atleast like it to be green. Someone said I was being sarcastic on my first post but I wasn't.

It appears that the episodes on itunes canada are full version (looking at the total time of the video). They even have the first episode of series 14 up - which is actually quite fast :mrgreen:

It appears that the episodes on itunes canada are full version (looking at the total time of the video). They even have the first episode of series 14 up - which is actually quite fast :mrgreen:

Do they also have Series 13 available?

Top Gear is actually the #1 TV show download on iTunes Canada right now.

Do they also have Series 13 available?

Yes, the full series, full-length episodes with edited music and slightly edited content -- some episodes are missing 1-2 minutes of stuff.

Is BBC America broadcast in Canada?

The Series 13 Season Pass should hit the US iTunes Store on the 26th (the day after 13x01 is first broadcast on BBC America), so if BBCA does not broadcast in Canada, I could see why the iTunes Store has Series 13 and 14 already.

are the episodes available with the exact same editing + music as the originals, or are they crammed with royalty free music (as the international version seem to be) and more editing