Random Thoughts....

Just wondering, does anyone know a general formula for converting word count to spoken length (ie. in minutes)? I'd be grateful if anyone could help.

What type of writing? Is this a script or an essay?

so he traveled 54 miles with bus, 54 miles with bike the time it took was 3 hours 45 minutes.

the bus was twice as fast (or took half as long) so multiply 3.75 with 2/3 (as in two thirds) which gives 2.5 unless my head got that wrong. and then devide 54 miles by 2.5 and you get how fast he was riding his bike. (21.6mph I think)

Edit: as you can see you were right thinking about X and 2X (which is how I devided by 3 then multiplied by 2 which is 2/3)

Last edited:
Script. Well, kinda.

What kind of script? Audio? Video? Stage?

To give you an idea one page of either a BBC radio drama style or screen play will average to one minute.

If you are doing one of these use a template. Font and formatting is important in obtaining that average.

Then how about trying to read it aloud and time yourself every half a page or so?... besides hearing the words out loud as they will be presented is probably a good idea too.

so he traveled 54 miles with bus, 54 miles with bike the time it took was 3 hours 45 minutes.

the bus was twice as fast (or took half as long) so multiply 3.75 with 2/3 (as in two thirds) which gives 2.5 unless my head got that wrong. and then devide 54 miles by 2.5 and you get how fast he was riding his bike. (21.6mph I think)

Edit: as you can see you were right thinking about X and 2X (which is how I devided by 3 then multiplied by 2 which is 2/3)

good god, you are right man, thanks. now i can finally leave distance and time problems away to make way for mixing problems. god knows that my school had piss poor math teachers, and spanish teachers, and computer teachers, pretty much all teachers.

anyways, since i already gave you a truckload full of guiness (remember that, when i mistook you for a not-a-dude. somehow up until now my little honduran brain cannot fully compute your avvy as a dude-avvy)

anyways, i can change the beer if you want

3142649554_2fd354b5a4.jpg

Last edited:
somehow up until now my little honduran brain cannot fully compute your avvy as a dude-avvy

Its actually a pic of James May... and my favorite beer is a lager (Staropramen to be more precise)

i know it's may, it's just, it doesn't compute that a dude has a pink-purple pic of james as his avatar. then i look at your sig

also, is that enough beer?

hmmm how to explain... it's sorta a joke on my part... it's a bit clich? to use a vector cutout portrait with a gradient like that...

sorta like this
yorkegrammy.jpg

Last edited:
hmmm.....that explains it

well for starters don't mix intelligence with knowledge, two sepparate things. one is based on deduction the other on memorizing and recalling what has been memorized at the appropriate time.
Alright, but it still annoys me when people think:
If he's smart, then he knows a lot.
If he knows a lot, then he can answer every question right straight away.
Resulting in them thinking fully
Because I'm smart, I can answer every question right straight away.
Which is incorrect because I need still need to think it through before I can be 100% sure. Which matches how I never will dispute someone saying something until I'm sure I know what I'm going to say is true.

clip from the movie The French Connection
:thumbsup: That's what I was going for!

Kids today be like "...Oh, you mean the clothing store?"

Also, you better not tell my girlfriend about what you think of Jainism. She's Indian, and she will destroy you. ;)
I hereby challenge her to a steak eating contest. I will even give her a two-steak head start.

another ear worm in my head

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw-udW34t1o&fmt=18[/YOUTUBE]

as far as english study goes, I am screwed. Thanks Board of Studies, change the syllabus for us so we can't practice past exam papers and then not give us any example questions. Kina up a proverbial creek without a paddle!!!!!

(is meant to be doing Food tech summaries)

EDIT: gaaah, the further in years you go back the worse ot gets!!!!! now I've got a headache.....

Last edited:
speaking of earworms, does anyone know the name of that old epic song dararam dararam dararam dam dam

Alright, but it still annoys me when people think:
If he's smart, then he knows a lot.
If he knows a lot, then he can answer every question right straight away.
Resulting in them thinking fully
Because I'm smart, I can answer every question right straight away.
Which is incorrect because I need still need to think it through before I can be 100% sure. Which matches how I never will dispute someone saying something until I'm sure I know what I'm going to say is true.

I've had this issue my entire life. You know one thing and people think you know EVERY thing. Their expectations go through the roof. The best is when they get condescending and start off with the "you're so smart I'm sure you know the answer" whenever you ask a question. WTF? I damn well don't or I wouldn't have asked. I've come to the conclusion it's much, much better to be stupid in this day and age because people don't expect anything of you. Then if you happen to come up with something smart they're impressed as opposed to having a constant expectation of genius and always acting like they're disappointed in you. But then, that's my 29 years of emotional baggage.