Australian V8 Supercars

Hopefully ONEHD will broadcast it as well, they've shown the highlights from last year's event quite a few times.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQPOroesMWI[/YOUTUBE]

Just over 8 long days to go.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xR6xB6bCQb8[/YOUTUBE]

Video that shows how steep the mountain is.

Definitely an excellent video. I also watched Murph's 'Lap of the Gods' to get in the mood yesterday, seen it quite a few times already but it still sends chills up the spine. Fujitsu V8s just started, yay to 19 hours of V8s this weekend!

Aww crap :(

I'm seeing the first couple of hours but I'm going to a charity movie screening in the afternoon so I'll miss the end, but I'm taping it. Not quite the pure Bathurst experience I'd hoped for but it should still be awesome.

Tander on pole, Holden Racing Team starting first alongside TeamVodafone.

Interesting session, the circuit was getting better as it wore on, but the committment from some of the drivers across the top was awesome!

Yay HRT *dances* Holy crap those drivers were committed. There were some serious 'seat puckering' moments as Murph and Crompo put it watching them fly along the top of the mountain.

Winterbottems on fire!! No really, the back of the car was on fire. Guess thats his day done

0.0042secs between third and fourth... that's... err... close...
God damn that was a major cringe worthy moment!

If it wasn't for that safety car in the last part, it would have been a very different podium. I feel bad for Kelly - he managed to shake them off and hold his position in 2nd for so long with a missing rear defuser (quite a laugh seeing that come off!) only to loose his pace thanks to being stuck in the pack with the safety car. I must admit, this is the first Bathurst I've ever watched start-to-end, and it was epic.

What the hell was with that Green Fujitsu Falcon? Me and my mates were going to start a drinking game for everytime that car did something wrong with the way it was going! :lol:

Quite a race that was. After the penultimate safety car and the last pit stops it was really entertaining to watch until the end.

I can't help but feel gutted for Ritter and Murphy though, they had terrible luck with the timing of that safety car and would have been contenders for a real surprise victory.

1-2-3 Holden Finish with GT and Davison winning. Take that, Ford!

Um, that would be 1-2-3-4.......

1 2 W.Davison/G.Tander Toll Holden Racing Team Holden
2 8 C.McConville/J.Richards Brad Jones Racing Holden
3 34 M.Caruso/L.Holdsworth Garry Rogers Motorsport Holden
4 51 G.Murphy/M.Skaife Sprint Gas Racing Holden

What the hell was with that Green Fujitsu Falcon? Me and my mates were going to start a drinking game for everytime that car did something wrong with the way it was going! :lol:

Jason Bright. That's what's wrong with the Green Fujitsu Falcon.