AVVY CHOICE!!!!

AVVY CHOICE!!!!

Which one would you have:

dri-1.jpg

Or Honduran presidential candidate:

vpm.jpg

Or perhaps i should go chibi:

stshi.png

^ it has been really quiet for the past day or so. Last night I was on here and iSpy didn't reset or do anything for half an hour- the board was just dead. Kinda annoying really, i need the entertainment to keep my mind off studying :lol:

Its more like it used to be. It used to not be such a chore to keep up with Random Thoughts...

There isn't even anything tolerable on TV here despite just now discovering I have another Discovery channel on my cable that's in HD (but it's yet another rerun of Deadliest Catch). I may just hit the sack soon.

^ Deadliest catch is awesome, we don't get enough re-runs at decent times over here :(

And I have nothing else to do on the interwebs anymore but go on this site, since the other forum I went on went down the toilet and became a highly unmoderated bitch-fest. I am incredibly bored with nothing to do but summarise how technology is impacting work patterns in Australia. JOY.

You'd love it here then. I swear Deadliest Catch comes on 3-5 times a day, 7 days a week, minimum. It was interesting enough at first but if you've seen one crab boat, you've seen them all.

Usually it's other Aus folks this time of "night." Maybe they're all occupied with your little car race.

I take it back! DMB is on one our premier live music TV show, Austin City Limits, right now. Hurray!

I take it back! DMB is on one our premier live music TV show, Austin City Limits, right now. Hurray!

Hey I saw DMB the night before that Austin City Limits show, they were rad to the power of sick.:D

It's quarter past 4 in the afternoon. Bathurst is at 137 of 161 laps and I'm watching Mr Collins lose places in his Jack Daniels grey (currently 21st and a lap behind...)

Oh, and HRT = Holden Racing Team

Or

Hormone Replacement Therapy...

Last edited:
You'd love it here then. I swear Deadliest Catch comes on 3-5 times a day, 7 days a week, minimum. It was interesting enough at first but if you've seen one crab boat, you've seen them all.

Usually it's other Aus folks this time of "night." Maybe they're all occupied with your little car race.

yeah, my parents are watching it in the other room. Probably blasphemous to say this as an Australian, but the only bit of the V8 supercars races I watch is the race with all the European supercars, like the Porsches and the Astons and that. Otherwise it bores me.

we have a few Discovery channels over here (only one that shows Deadliest catch though :(), and we are getting "Discovery Turbo Max" soon. I'm a bit intrigued as to what that is going to be, given we already have Fuel, nat geo adventure and the likes. BBC Knowledge is one of my favourite channels though, Top Gear every day and tons of other good shows.

Oooooh, one of my fave bands is playing Austin!!!! *goes to check live webcast*

And my fave boat on Deadliest Catch has to be either the Northwestern or the Time Bandit, Andy and Sig crack me up. Ok, I'm a biiiiit too obsessed with that show....

yeah, my parents are watching it in the other room. Probably blasphemous to say this as an Australian, but the only bit of the V8 supercars races I watch is the race with all the European supercars, like the Porsches and the Astons and that. Otherwise it bores me.

It's all fucking boring, lol.

Hey I saw DMB the night before that Austin City Limits show, they were rad to the power of sick.:D

I'm so jealous, although I have seen them twice live so I shouldn't be. They're always rad to the power of sick and the only difference in Austin City Limits and actually being at the concert is that there isn't any pot smoke in my house.

I want to know why Tim Reynolds isn't just IN the band. He's on nearly every album and has toured with them nearly every year for how long now?

Anyway, I have a full hour of happiness if this show is anywhere near as good as the last ACL they did.

Re: car racing
I'm a deep south American who hates NASCAR so I know where you're coming from.

Re: car racing
I'm a deep south American who hates NASCAR so I know where you're coming from.

What state do you call home? My official guess is...hmmm...deep south...shuttle as a name...Alabama?

edit: That makes me think, do we have anywhere close to a member from each US State and for that matter how about Australian States and European Countries?

Last edited:
^ Australia might be easier, we only have 8 states and territories (including ACT). There seems to be a large concentration of members from Melbourne and Adelaide though, which I find a bit odd, given that NSW/Sydney is a lot more highly populated. just proves that I live in a pretty weird state....

No clue, but we could try starting one of these: http://www.frappr.com/

It isn't great through. Anyone know a website that does heat mapping or something cool like that?

we have a few Discovery channels over here (only one that shows Deadliest catch though :(), and we are getting "Discovery Turbo Max" soon. I'm a bit intrigued as to what that is going to be, given we already have Fuel, nat geo adventure and the likes. BBC Knowledge is one of my favourite channels though, Top Gear every day and tons of other good shows.

BBC Knowledge is good when they show doco's, which isn't often enough. The History channel has some good stuff in the last year.

Anyone want to tell me if you can add yourself to this map? I have no idea if I set this up right or not.

http://platial.com/finalgear

Hey brydiem, just saw your post about finding streaming of the DMB show. I highly, highly doubt you can see this, but here's the link. Austin City Limits comes on PBS, our tax-payer supported public television station. I imagine it's limited to US proxies. (Also, this isn't live by any stretch of the imagination. It was recorded a month ago or so.)

http://video.pbs.org/video/1279945894/program/1273976454

Last edited: