Men In Black III!

CrzRsn

So long, and thanks for all the fish
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
wikipedia said:
Men in Black III was announced on April 1, 2009. Set to be released in 2011, it was supposed to be the third iteration of the Men in Black film franchise. It was announced at ShoWest, by Rory Bruer (Sony Pictures' president of worldwide distribution). Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith were said to reprise their roles from previous films as both actors have expressed their interests in reprising their roles. Although it has an announcement date of April 1 which is April Fools Day, Sony did not confirm that it was an April fools Joke. In addition, Sony did organize an official presentation at ShoWest and also announced Spider-Man 4 and Ghostbusters 3 along with Men In Black III both of which have previously been confirmed to be in production.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men_in_Black_III#Sequel

I am very excited. I really really hope this doesn't turn out to be an April Fools Joke.

I'd prefer a better source than wikipedia

Fuck this, i want to hear about Ghostbusters 3

Did the "new ending" of I Am Legend damage Will Smith's career that badly?

Will the Fiorentino be in it? Otherwise I'm definitely not interested.

I know that Ghostbusters III is true, the release and success of the game sparked the development. This'll be so cool if it comes out

God DAMN, so many fuckin' sequels! Can't Hollywood do anything original for once?

I know that Ghostbusters III is true, the release and success of the game sparked the development. This'll be so cool if it comes out

How could anyone possibly know? Or where you trying to say that you are expecting it to be cool?

I think movies that where meant to have sequels in the first place can work (Star Wars, Lord of the Rings to name a few), because you have a story that's meant to span across several movies. On the other hand you have movies that weren't supposed to have sequels, they just had vaguely open endings to make a sequel possible "if the movie does well", and you have movies with no real ending at all to make a sequel easily possible "if the movie does well". Although some of them can be good as well (Indiana Jones for instance, although they always had closed endings), most of them are just meant to make money and not having to come up with completely new characters and/or an imaginative new story.

A major hollywood studio was presented with a decision. Have the ending be true to the novel on which it is based, with the main character realising that all his ideas of being superior to another form of life was wrong, and that just because something is different from you doesn't mean it's pure evil.

OR

Have the ending show Will Smith save a fragile woman and child, going out in a huge fireball killing himself and a bunch of those horrible zombie people!

Their core metric of which one is a better ending? Which one will make more money...

The one that differs from both the novel and the Charlton Heston film?
The one that takes the sense out of the title?

Not knowing what to expect (didn't read the book or watched the other movie) I always wondered "why the fuck is this movie called 'I am Legend'?". He lives in a destroyed city, kills a bunch of zombies (I suppose?) and in the end he saves two lives and kills himself in the progress, hardly making him a legend. Some time after I watched the movie I read about the true meaning of the story and how the movie should have ended (as pointed out by Paco) and suddenly it made a lot more sense.