VCpolished2.jpg

vcpolished4.jpg

You need to make your cam cover look better! Here is what I did with mine:

VCpolished3.jpg

VCpolished2.jpg

vcpolished4.jpg

That seems like alot of work just to gain about zero horsepower :p

That seems like alot of work just to gain about zero horsepower :p

Besides, the camcover is steel, not aluminium, so if you polished it like that, it would be coated in surface rust after precisely 1 winter day :lol: But in all seriousness, you should spent like half an hour sanding and painting it, would look so much better. :)

Besides, the camcover is steel, not aluminium, so if you polished it like that, it would be coated in surface rust after precisely 1 winter day :lol: But in all seriousness, you should spent like half an hour sanding and painting it, would look so much better. :)

I think mine is aluminum. I've left it bare for like a year now and it hasn't oxidized at all. :blink:

Ever heard the terms "if it aint broken, dont fix it" and "function before form"? :p

Ever heard the terms "if it aint broken, dont fix it" and "function before form"? :p

Well, 5? and 20 minutes work, and you could drastically improve the look of your engine bay. Sounds reasonable to me. :)

Well, 5? and 20 minutes work, and you could drastically improve the look of your engine bay. Sounds reasonable to me. :)

Hehe... You work fast if you do that in 20minutes;):D
I have a yellow cam cover i can put on. Will that make you happy?:nod::lol:

Hehe... You work fast if you do that in 20minutes;):D
I have a yellow cam cover i can put on. Will that make you happy?:nod::lol:

Well, you don't need to sand all of the paint away, jsut make it smooth and lay down some paint, it doesn't need to be perfect :D And yes, a yellow cam cover will make me happier :p

Well maybe i will do that then. I think the engine bay needs a bit of yellow, too mix in with red, green and blue :p

Any updates? :)

Any updates? :)

Havent been much progress :(
Changed from coilpacks to the original distributor too make it a bit simpler, but i didnt get it working with that either. Found some settings yesterday that im going to try.

I talked to a few guys who have setup Haltch's before and they all say Haltech is very difficult too get working. So im considering buying a Megasquirt-setup instead.

If you end up buying megasquirt, I going to force you to write up a very detailed explanation of everything :p

I'd go megasquirt. The documentation seems better. I'm thinking of going that way myself.

It helps that MS is also cheaper anyway. The days of over priced ECUs are over.

It helps that MS is also cheaper anyway. The days of over priced ECUs are over.

A brand new MS-setup costs about the same as my old dos-based Haltech:p

That link was very good, but you'll still have to write up a detailed explanation, since some of us are not wizards with this sort of thing :)

Miniupdate: Megasquirt is ordered and on its way :D

Miniupdate: Megasquirt is ordered and on its way :D

Done with the Scorpio then? :) I suggest you take a look at your driver and passenger seat mounts. I'd be amazed if they are rust free. :) Had to make new ones for my car on both sides..

Done with the Scorpio then? :)

Nope :p I have been driving a friends 740tic and was reminded how fun turbos are :D

I suggest you take a look at your driver and passenger seat mounts. I'd be amazed if they are rust free. :) Had to make new ones for my car on both sides..

I dont want to look under there :/ , but judging by the condition of the rest of the car, they should be good.