Stupid Driver Stories

Probably missing a flag. Check your encoder output settings.

I don't bother with my horn because it's no louder than a mouse coughing. Fucking Honda horns.

Mine's pretty loud and I like using it from time to time but I rarely have the time to do it in a dangerous situation I just escape :)

So I was going home through quite heavy city traffic the other day. At some point, I came across a guy in a black C-class estate, seemingly in quite a hurry. I noticed him first when he overtook me and the Fiat Punto in front of me on a road which has two lanes for a few meters at a very high speed. Also, his lane ended before he had passed the Punto, so he simply ignored the white lines on the street and even stopped at the upcoming traffic light on a space that was not meant for cars to drive on. Clearly, he was waiting for the light to turn green to gun it and overtake the Punto. The light turned green, and he did. To my surprise, he flashed his hazards once to thank the Punto driver for letting him pass at the lights.

A little later, the Punto turned away from this street, so I was directly behind the Merc. Then, we hit some really heavy traffic, with slow stop-and-go due to a construction site further down the road (I know that, he probably didn't). So after realising that this will take some time and seeing that he can't possibly overtake due to loads of oncoming traffic and a quite narrow road, he quickly decided to turn right to gain some positions on a parallel road. A few minutes and probably 500 meters further, he came back out of nowhere from some small side road. And where would he end up? Of course - right in front of me, exactly where he left.

Although I wasn't letting him in (which I also didn't have to at this spot), he forced his way onto the road. Then, he used a lane for left-turns to overtake some more cars in front of him and, again, forced his way into a spot that wasn't really available before. I still saw him for a while, basically going for a meltdown in his car because of not being able to go anywhere, but soon, I lost sight and interest.

Anyway, what a moron! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Although I wasn't letting him in (which I also didn't have to at this spot), he forced his way onto the road. Then, he used a lane for left-turns to overtake some more cars in front of him and, again, forced his way into a spot that wasn't really available before.

That reminds, once when I had to take the bus home from Uni (sad times :() the bus driver was apparently incredibly annoyed by the long cue at the lights, pulled out into the left-turn lane, roared past everyone waiting (including another bus), and then proceeded to turn right from the left-turn lane after the traffic light had already gone red!
That was quite something, I must say. :blink:

that's why you replace it with an air raid siren or a tornado warning siren.

American diesel locomotive air horn.

Though in practice you do best wiring those in on a separate switch to prevent accidental engagement.

:blink: Epic fail.

:huh: Surely you must know by now that if you take your foot off the accelerator, and you aren't going down a steep grade, you're going to slow down.....

So I was going home through quite heavy city traffic the other day. At some point, I came across a guy in a black C-class estate, seemingly in quite a hurry. I noticed him first when he overtook me and the Fiat Punto in front of me on a road which has two lanes for a few meters at a very high speed. Also, his lane ended before he had passed the Punto, so he simply ignored the white lines on the street and even stopped at the upcoming traffic light on a space that was not meant for cars to drive on. Clearly, he was waiting for the light to turn green to gun it and overtake the Punto. The light turned green, and he did. To my surprise, he flashed his hazards once to thank the Punto driver for letting him pass at the lights.

A little later, the Punto turned away from this street, so I was directly behind the Merc. Then, we hit some really heavy traffic, with slow stop-and-go due to a construction site further down the road (I know that, he probably didn't). So after realising that this will take some time and seeing that he can't possibly overtake due to loads of oncoming traffic and a quite narrow road, he quickly decided to turn right to gain some positions on a parallel road. A few minutes and probably 500 meters further, he came back out of nowhere from some small side road. And where would he end up? Of course - right in front of me, exactly where he left.

Although I wasn't letting him in (which I also didn't have to at this spot), he forced his way onto the road. Then, he used a lane for left-turns to overtake some more cars in front of him and, again, forced his way into a spot that wasn't really available before. I still saw him for a while, basically going for a meltdown in his car because of not being able to go anywhere, but soon, I lost sight and interest.

Anyway, what a moron! :rolleyes:

To play the devil's advocate here it sounds as if he might have had a reason for doing that. Mostly because you said he thanked the Punto for letting him through.

Sometimes you just have to get somewhere very quickly.

So I just came back from 2.5 hours of driving around on the D roads around here. 70mph on a wet, foliage-covered single lane last-paved-in-the-50's track = AWESOME. With two exceptions. First, just after setting out, I came up on a 26ft box truck that had stopped in a single lane approach to a very tight turn (inside of the turn = a historic house, outside of the turn = a rock wall that follows the contour of the damned road. It's a single lane wide but there's plenty of room to get the truck through if you know what the fuck you're doing. After waiting for him to figure it out, I finally got out and offered to do it for him. Oddly enough, he accepted (probably because the alternative was backing 5 miles down a winding road) and I got it through for him. Right around the corner is a bridge. A wooden bridge with a weight limit of 5 tons. Empty, his truck weighs 7. Fortunately there was a parking lot for the local fishermen and he could get it turned around in there - but I had to drive his truck around the stupid corner again. I found this more entertaining than anything else.

The second incident came just as I was finishing up. Crested a hill on a 1.5-lane road and came face to face with a Hummer H1... Which, for reference, is better than 7 feet wide. Since I'd been expecting traffic, I was already as far to the right as I could go without going wheels off. He, on the other hand, was driving down the centerline. We could've passed safely if he'd gotten to his side of the damned road, but noooooooo. Realizing a bit too late that he wasn't going to be in any way courteous, I had to go wheels off - I'm pretty sure he didn't even notice me until I was already mudding it, whereupon for some reason he saw fit to lay on his horn. Douchebag.

I also saw a prime example of a stupid driver today.

First of all he drove a Dodge Caliber, that is already stupid enough. I was driving up to the crossing in the screenshot below and was about to turn right.

The red Dodge waited at the redlight to go straight ahead. The red line shows where he was driving instead.

4044636408_100c026561_o.jpg

When I was about 50 m away, he set the indicator and immediately turned right instead of going straight, forcing me to break hard in the process.

My honking and flashing seemed to have made him nervous, though, because at the following crossing he made a u-turn -- which brought him back into the same direction he was coming from of course.

The only problem: The light was red, when he did that, and he almost crashed into an Opel Astra coming from the right.

I could look him in the eye, when he came back in the opposite direction -- was a young man and he seemed completely unconcerned, while his wife/girlfriend looked slightly panicked.

I had a woman stop at a green light and wave me through when I was turning left...

lol i had something similar, except it was the guy in the next lane suddenly stopping to let this man jay-walk through when the crosswalk was 2 meters down and we were all going around 70 km/hr

needless to say, the guy right behind him wasnt very amused

Yesterday, two dumb young girls decided to walk across the road of a busy intersection. Where there was no dedicated crossing. And the light for cars going right through their path was green. And cars were just waiting for them to walk by patiently. If it was me, I would have blared my horn until they had gotten off the road and driven past tehm the moment they were out of my way, so they knew how close they came to being pancaked. Dad nearly rear-ended the guy in front of us because he waited for them.

lol i had something similar, except it was the guy in the next lane suddenly stopping to let this man jay-walk through when the crosswalk was 2 meters down and we were all going around 70 km/hr

needless to say, the guy right behind him wasnt very amused

Where I used to live, this would have been a freaking legal requirement. Pedestrians had the right of way period full-stop no questions asked. It was STUPID! No matter where you were people would just step right out in the road expecting you to stop no matter what. I can't imagine how people weren't killed right and left.

Where I used to live, this would have been a freaking legal requirement. Pedestrians had the right of way period full-stop no questions asked. It was STUPID! No matter where you were people would just step right out in the road expecting you to stop no matter what. I can't imagine how people weren't killed right and left.

that's just asking for trouble... i mean if that was the case, why bother putting up crosswalks

One a related note, 6 months ago the town painted all of the crosswalks blue. 6 Months later, every single one is completely gone just through wear and tear. You can see where they used to be by the faint markings toward the sides of the road.