Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

A guy painted his FJ with bedliner. It is BOSS and it makes me want to do the same thing on my Jeep. :lol:

24809d1215223527-meet-booger-my-linex-d-od-tank-after_63.jpg

24808d1215223522-meet-booger-my-linex-d-od-tank-after_71.jpg

24807d1215223515-meet-booger-my-linex-d-od-tank-after_59.jpg

24839d1215371327-meet-booger-my-linex-d-od-tank-fj_od_sm_01.jpg

24836d1215371198-meet-booger-my-linex-d-od-tank-fj_od_sm_03.jpg

How much weight does that add? I do like the idea though, less of a reason not to plow through that forest, river, horde of zombies.

I wouldn't think more than 20-30 lbs, it doesn't look like very thick stuff (compared to our Rhino Lined truck beds anyway).

How much weight does that add? I do like the idea though, less of a reason not to plow through that forest, river, horde of zombies.

20 pounds max? Just my opinion

edit: Not to double-post

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgpJ8PFvKrI&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

The smell of well-used/abused tires is better:twisted::wicked:

This reminds me of a commercial of a Volvo, I believe in a US car mag that smelled exaclty like burned rubber. It was like scented pages for men

Last edited:
No, because most Mitsu owners are complete and total cocks.

Presumably you have me in the list of ?not cocks? as i have you on the list of ?completely trustworthy?.

Well, almost nobody bought the Mitsu pickups here, so you never see one being driven in a cock-like manner. I'm pretty sure you're safe from the appelation.

Evos, DSMs, 3000GT/Stealths - yeah, those are almost invariably driven by complete and total cocks.

I would, however, get rid of your Mitsu in favor of something else at the earliest possible opportunity....

i would if 2nd gen pathfinders and E110 corollas weren't so damn expensive

20 pounds max? Just my opinion

edit: Not to double-post

[YOUTUBE]AgpJ8PFvKrI[/YOUTUBE]

This reminds me of a commercial of a Volvo, I believe in a US car mag that smelled exaclty like burned rubber. It was like scented pages for men
I remember that, can't remember what magazine it was, but I loved it!

i would if 2nd gen pathfinders and E110 corollas weren't so damn expensive

Second-gen (R50/51) Pathfinders aren't body-on-frame. Still capable, but not as sturdy as the first-gen WD21s - but there's a reason that the Pathfinder community has nicknamed them the "caR50".

I do not have to look to know how horrible the drag is on my car :cry:

The old beetle kat, the old one, the one with the upright windshield. :hug:Although speaking of beetles, a dude (yes, dude) in a new beetle with faux turbo livery decided that the best way to park was to hit the back of my truck with his bumper

Second-gen (R50/51) Pathfinders aren't body-on-frame. Still capable, but not as sturdy as the first-gen WD21s - but there's a reason that the Pathfinder community has nicknamed them the "caR50".

:dunno:

Well, almost nobody bought the Mitsu pickups here, so you never see one being driven in a cock-like manner. I'm pretty sure you're safe from the appelation.

Evos, DSMs, 3000GT/Stealths - yeah, those are almost invariably driven by complete and total cocks.

I would, however, get rid of your Mitsu in favor of something else at the earliest possible opportunity....

Admittedly it is hard to be a cock in a 3000GT/Steath considering they are about as reliable as a TR7 built on a Friday during the night of a soccer game by assemblies line workers who were on fire.

Admittedly it is hard to be a cock in a 3000GT/Steath considering they are about as reliable as a TR7 built on a Friday during the night of a soccer game by assemblies line workers who were on fire.

It suddenly occurs to me that perhaps they aren't being cocks when they do that "Fast And Furious" weave through traffic. Maybe they're trying to get home before their electrics fry (again) or the engine dies (again.)

Last edited:
That might explain the driving habits of a lot of Pontiac drivers, too.....

The WD21 Pathfinders are built using truck construction - they are a body riding on a separate full-length frame to which everything else is attached. This is considered to be the strongest method of construction for a truck.

The R50/51 Pathfinders are unibody construction and don't have a frame, like most cars made in the last 30 or so years. This method is lighter than body on frame and has certain advantages in handling and on-road performance, but it is a large handicap offroad and when modifying for heavy offroad use.

Since the R50 is built like a car (albeit a very sturdy car that's surprisingly capable) and isn't as good offroad as the WD21 that preceded it, they're nicknamed the caR50, as in 'car fifty'.

Last edited:
Quick question, What would you prefer as a cheap winter/snow car? Saab 900 or Volvo 240/740?