Eco-mentalists spread horse-manure on Clarkson's garden

The beef against patio heaters is that they burn gas, emitting DEADLY POISONOUS carbon dioxide, and they emit actual heat as well. Plus they're mainly used by affluent types from Surrey, and the anarcho-environmentalists hate those bourgeois capitalist pigs...

LOL. I can't imagine they put out any more CO2 than your backyard grill. My only "beef" with them is that they don't work! They put out all this heat 7' above the ground. I, unfortunately, am not 7' tall.

Mmmmmmm, I am reminded of the time I threatened to chain myself to the gates in a bikini & roller skates. Perhaps I'll do just that next week.

:threadnopics: ;)

but what about cowss farting??

actually they produce more gases from the front than the rear. yes cows burp more than they fart. :)
seriously though, why are they not pushing collection of cow crap for production of natural gas rather than let it go in to the environment ? simple, its not a stunt they can get in the papers for.

Hold on...she is a member of an "anti-flying" campaign?:blink:

well that explains a lot. also look at the other stunts she has pulled. certified whack job.

The thing is Ecomentalists seems to get hung up with cars, but what about cowss farting??

Quite true. Your average cow produces 200l of methane a day, or 140g. Its GWP is 25, so that's equivalent to 3500g of CO2 or over 35km of Polo BlueMotion driving a day, 13000km a year.
Sounds like a reasonable amount, one cow causes as much greenhouse effect on methane alone as a VW Polo.

Oh yeah, there are about 1.4 billion cows in the world... about double the number of cars.

Nobody is bashing rice farming either. Apparently 60 million tons of methane a year, or 1.5 billion tons of CO2 equivalent. In the past 100 years, CO2 concentration levels rose by 35%. Methane levels rose by 150%.

Last edited:
31642o7.jpg

2jeqzyc.jpg

Is that woman...jumping in shit? You know, I think you're hurting yourself more than you're hurting Clarkson, lady.

What exactly do they want Jezza to do? Not say what he thinks? So what they are saying is - no freedom of speech then?

Last edited:
What exactly do they want Jezza to do? Not say what he thinks? So what they are saying is - no freedom of speach then?

probably didn't think it through long enough. thats the problem with eco-mentalists they often fail to see the bigger picture. they are so concerned and focused on their own agenda's they don't see that by threatening freedom of speech. its a push towards dictatorship and i think the world is yet to see a beneficial form of dictatorship.
its like those that are against capitalism and yet buy the materials for their banners from places like walmart, asda and tesco's.

What exactly do they want Jezza to do? Not say what he thinks? So what they are saying is - no freedom of speach then?

Actually I don't think they even want you to have the freedom to think.

She has a book out if anyone cares. (I wonder what printing books do to the enviroment)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/environment/6315240/Tamsin-Omond-The-climate-change-protester.html

Jeremy Clarkson has said some really stupid things about carbon emissions, so we collected our emissions while we were touring on our horse and cart last month ? a lot of manure ? and dumped it on his front lawn. The fact that many people want him to be prime minister is really scary. By dumping dung at Clarkson?s gates we hoped he would realise that his attitude will land us all in it. He was quite sweet about it. He didn?t press charges.

^ So that was all collected after a month?
That's quite a little for a horse for that long...methinks they are underfeeding the horse...or something.

^ So that was all collected after a month?
That's quite a little for a horse for that long...methinks they are underfeeding the horse...or something.

We had horses when I was little.

That's about a days worth to be honest....

And as far as global warming goes:

*engage rant mode*

I live in the Great Lakes area. This region was formed during the retreat of glaciers from the last ice age.

The glaciers are gone...but what made them all melt so rapidly?

Cave men driving muscle cars?

Or is the warming and cooling of the Earth a natural cycle..like it's been doing for the last 6 BILLION YEARS!!?

Of course it's a natural cycle, once it lead to the whole planet becoming a frozen ball of ice... and once it lead to the planet to become a super hot place almost making all the water evaporate. So just because it's natural doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

And just because there are natural causes for the climate to change doesn't mean that humans can't help boost these and speed up the natural rate of change.

^ Agree with you there. Maybe humans did cause it, maybe humans didn't.

Some how I can't believe the thousands of tons of lead and bladi blah blah in the atmosphere isn't helping.

The earth doesn't know we're on it and doesn't give a fuck whether it gets a sun tan or not, it's just human survival to try and slow it down. Although I can't see how dressing up like a suffragette and harassing Jeremy Clarkson is going to help you survive.

Im a vegan and would consider myself an enviromentalist, but whoever did this is an asshole. It gives us all a bad name :-x

Of course it's a natural cycle, once it lead to the whole planet becoming a frozen ball of ice... and once it lead to the planet to become a super hot place almost making all the water evaporate. So just because it's natural doesn't necessarily mean it's good.

True..

But many of these natural cycles are variations of just a few degrees. It's the length of time they last is what matters. Plus the fact that we've only been keeping accurate weather records for less than 100 years.

Here in the States....the East coast is in reality an artificial place. It will get larger, shrink, get larger..and all that with natures cycles in the next thousand years.

Yes, man can have a degree of interference, but in my opinion, we do not have the power to really effect the weather like some people say.

The Earth has been here for 6 billions years. We've only been here for less than 100,000. And the Earth will still be here long after we're gone.

We're just a blip on the natural cycle's radar.

I haven't read the whole thread, but I'm assuming that someone's already brought up that the methane the horse produced isn't all contained in the horseshit, and that methane is 25 times more potent a greenhouse gas than CO2 is? If not...there.

Reasoning like that is quite dangerous.

Oh, I'm not saying that we should just pollute to our hearts content...or that we shouldn't care at all.

And yes, we should do all we can to make things better.

But in my opinion..when we say that we're "going to destroy the Earth" what we really mean is:

We're messing it up for ourselves. The Earth itself will go on..as it always has. Species evolve, go extinct, new ones come...then go away...and so on and so on..

Ice ages come and go...the atmosphere is constantly changing...tectonic plates shift...

It would be completely Un-Natural for the Earth to have a static climate.

(hard to explain in just a few posts)