Random Thoughts....

I've been watching the show "FlashForward" and among the main characters on that show are an Agent and Doctor Benford. Whenever I hear their names mentioned, which is often, I can't get the show "Home Improvement" out of my head....

bustedtees.09ddbac9b8a23f05d64cd4f5d91f203b.gif

IFC is showing loads of Monty Python stuff all week. So besides NCIS, South Park and the Broncos game, I know what I'll be watching.

^Figures. I don't think I get that channel.

I hate it when you're in the mood for candy and it's too late to go get some.

I'm allergic to candy corn, which sucks because I LOVE it. Which reminds me, I wanted to drop by Whole Foods and see if they had any dye-free candy corn. That would make my day, but it would probably taste awful like all their other organicy natural crap and be really expensive.

The only place here open late enough would be some gas station and Walmart, and I'm in my pjs anyway. I guess I could get back dressed and go out. I just don't usually go out this late. Dunno why. No reason I guess.

It is tragic. I'll eat a little now and then but really don't want to put up with weeks of potential rashiness for some candy. This is my new favorite candy because it's made without artificial color (I'm allergic to one of the red dyes but don't know which). It's SO good, but sadly expensive.

10340.jpg

EDIT: Tell me folks, are these really Australian or is that yet another tacky marketing scheme a la Outback and Fosters. SHUDDER Ads for those things are positively embarrassing!

Last edited:
It is tragic. I'll eat a little now and then but really don't want to put up with weeks of potential rashiness for some candy. This is my new favorite candy because it's made without artificial color (I'm allergic to one of the red dyes but don't know which). It's SO good, but sadly expensive.
Is it Carmine aka Cochineal aka crushed insects? It's used in a lot of candy.

Is it Carmine aka Cochineal aka crushed insects? It's used in a lot of candy.

No clue. I don't have a bag in front of me (or I wouldn't be complaining about wanting candy!). I don't have a problem with crushed insects provided the process is clean. I eat meat and even better I'm not allergic to crushed insects. :-D I'm allergic to the "FDC red #XYZ" ones, the artificial stuff. I can have apples and strawberries and wear red clothes and all that jazz (yes I've been asked about clothes before, multiple times).

Last edited:

10340.jpg

EDIT: Tell me folks, are these really Australian or is that yet another tacky marketing scheme a la Outback and Fosters. SHUDDER Ads for those things are positively embarrassing!

Suuuure is! They are a specialty candy and gifts store over here, they sell beanie kids and cards and stuff, along with lollies and chocolates and that. they make the best chocolate fudge, I"m addicted to the stuff! So yeah, genuine Aussie brand and an awesome on at that- well done! :D

Suuuure is! They are a specialty candy and gifts store over here, they sell beanie kids and cards and stuff, along with lollies and chocolates and that. they make the best chocolate fudge, I"m addicted to the stuff! So yeah, genuine Aussie brand and an awesome on at that- well done! :D

That's cool. I don't feel bad spending a little more on something shipped half way across the world. I'm sure it's true many places that international = more cool = more money to retail merchants and thus an excuse to overemphasize things. I'll have to get some soon if I keep thinking about them so much! Only a few stores carry them, but one near the pet food place has them and I'm almost out of cat food.

After reading this I wondered if Outback Steakhouse had somehow proliferated to OZ, and indeed it has...four convenient locations: Sydney, North Strathfield, Leumeah and the lovely sounding Fairy Meadow.

WTF Australia? How have these not been burnt to ground yet?

I finally remembered a quote I've been trying to find ALL day. Turns out it's from an old, obscure episode of Junkyard wars and would never have come up on Google.

"If you don't mind not coming back alive, you can cut corners I suppose."

Gold.

Ni!

I finally remembered a quote I've been trying to find ALL day. Turns out it's from an old, obscure episode of Junkyard wars and would never have come up on Google.

"If you don't mind not coming back alive, you can cut corners I suppose."

Gold.

That was a great show...

^ join the club, I am getting migraines and really don't want to study :(

More screwed for maths and paper 2 though. Just want this week to be over, I'll be halfway through.