Restoration Ripoff ...... what happened?

i cant believe this thread is 3 years old now. how does time fly!

i was just wondering wether it would ever be shown because in interested and i was ripped off

isnt the paddy hopkirk car now restored and on a pedestal in their studio? i would have sworn ive seen it in the new eps since. i doubt they will ever show the footage of how it happened due to hammonds accident, and then the fire :(

As someone said earlier: The British have a weak spot for the Mini.

I suppose they simply wanted a Mini for that feature, no matter what. So I guess they did not look too closely at it, before presenting it to the voters. They should have looked more thoroughly before.

I really hate to dig up a dead thread but does anyone know what even happened to the Clockwork Orange car, or any of the other choices? A friend of mine was wondering and it got me intruiged.

lol i would be that friend. hi garrett:wave:

sorry to bring back an OLD thread but i didnt wanna post another.. what ever did happen to the restoration rip off mini?

^ You could try reading the thread you resurrected.

Last edited:
Hi, I can confirm that the mini has been restored....ive sat in it :) My friend knows the guy who owns it and restored it and drove it on the Monte carlo rally. Its an absolutely awesome car and I can't wait to see it on Top Gear. Its even been signed by the man himself on the bootlid! All of the parts are amazingly genuine..even the Lucas wiring was done by the man who originally wired it back in the 60's! Alot of work has gone into the car and it has definitely been well worth it. Click the link :)

http://a624.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/17/l_0a0629dcbb19cdf6a60e53fdcd53b4f7.jpg

Few pages ago

To be fair on adelg88 and others: it now seems that sometimes we blame people for either not using the search function or for resurrecting old threads. They can't win that way. :cry:;)

To be fair on adelg88 and others: it now seems that sometimes we blame people for either not using the search function or for resurrecting old threads. They can't win that way. :cry:;)

We're not blaming him for resurrecting the thread per se. We're blaming him for resurrecting the thread to ask a question which is answered a few pages earler in said thread he resurrected.

sorry guys... im just new here :(:( dont hate me

It also wouldn't have been so bad if the thread hadn't been so old and he only accidentally unearthed it from a shallow grave like a consturction worker.
But this one was already buried pretty deep, I'd say.