NFL '09 Regular Season Thread

Awesome sauce, we just put our 3rd string LT on IR. He had been playing admirably in place of the 2nd string LT (normally our 1st RT, but now that he's injured we're on 2nd string there too), but now he is gone. So we had to play the 4th string LT, fresh off the practice squad, for the majority of last week. Our 5th string LT? During the game it was our 2nd string TE. But luckily there was some 32 year old looking for a job so we have a new backup! Sweet!

The hawks o-line now looks like this:
4th string - 2nd string - Rehabbing 1st string - 1st string - 2nd string - KEEP THE TE IN PROTECTION

Awesome sauce, we just put our 3rd string LT on IR. He had been playing admirably in place of the 2nd string LT (normally our 1st RT, but now that he's injured we're on 2nd string there too), but now he is gone. So we had to play the 4th string LT, fresh off the practice squad, for the majority of last week. Our 5th string LT? During the game it was our 2nd string TE. But luckily there was some 32 year old looking for a job so we have a new backup! Sweet!

The hawks o-line now looks like this:
4th string - 2nd string - Rehabbing 1st string - 1st string - 2nd string - KEEP THE TE IN PROTECTION

I can tell you the Cardinals' defensive plan for Sunday's game at Seattle: Blitz early, blitz often, knock Hasselback on his ass. :)

I guess the question of the day is Who gets canned first? Jim Zorn or Jeff Fisher? It might be Fisher because Zorn's been stripped of play calling duties according to ESPN.

I guess the question of the day is Who gets canned first? Jim Zorn or Jeff Fisher? It might be Fisher because Zorn's been stripped of play calling duties according to ESPN.

If Bud Adams is smart he won't sack Fisher. What Fisher needs to do is take over play calling on defense, if not offense as well. The new defensive coordinator, I don't even recall his name, is horrible, and Jim Schwartz going to Detroit cost the offense big time. I think we'll see some changes here in Nashville over the bye with the goal of setting up for next season, and possibly the wild card.

Ouch...that is all.

[YOUTUBE]cOYqZfNbXcc[/YOUTUBE]

^What the fuck was that about? I was the owner of the Panthers I would tell the GM to get that piece of shit of my team.

Ouch...that is all.

[YOUTUBE]cOYqZfNbXcc[/YOUTUBE]

Wow. I'm just glad Smith walked away from that.

^What the fuck was that about? I was the owner of the Panthers I would tell the GM to get that piece of shit of my team.

I'm guessing come monday the NFL will definitely review that tape and hand down more punishment either in terms of suspension and/or fines. They probably won't fire the guy from the team but its very likely he will be suspended from a few games in the upcoming weeks by the NFL.

Last edited:
They probably won't fire the guy from the team but its very likely he will be suspended from a few games in the upcoming weeks by the NFL.

The NFL can't "fire" a guy from a team, but they can suspend him for a long time, or ban him outright. Now the ban probably won't happen, but I see at least a 4 game suspension coming up. On top of what I've already speculated.

They can release a player which in this instance would equate to a firing. I doubt any other GM would touch him.

Ouch. Thanks Arizona for that ass whooping.

They can release a player which in this instance would equate to a firing. I doubt any other GM would touch him.

Ouch. Thanks Arizona for that ass whooping.

You're welcome! :lol:

Seriously, I think you have to admit that Seattle is an average team at best. Considering the large difference between the good and bad teams in the NFL this year, the Seahawks won't beat the good teams, but they'll handle bad teams very easily.

BRONCOS!!! :dance:

Here is a great video about how the NFL used to be, told by one of the all-time greats. I just wonder how he feels about the current NFL rules.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_Sa94gCzg&[/YOUTUBE]

You're welcome! :lol:

Seriously, I think you have to admit that Seattle is an average team at best. Considering the large difference between the good and bad teams in the NFL this year, the Seahawks won't beat the good teams, but they'll handle bad teams very easily.
Any NFL team is going to have a very difficult time being competitive when they're below 2nd string on LT. Just the way it is... :cry:

Cowboys... :dance: