Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

There are always other options though. The industry is regulating itself; it's not a law. I don't think there's any age verification in some places if you buy online (and even if there is, they just ask for your birthday).

Yeah, but I don't have a debit card/eftos/whatever, I just buy my games in Hong Kong, (for some reason they're in a posh shopping centre but don't check for ID when I buy games)

So, I'm pretty anal when it comes to the file information in my mp3 collection. If I have a compilation, I go through and I find the original album information for each song. If it's a cover song, I put, for example, "(Bob Dylan cover)" in the file name.

I'm just going through a big once-over of everything, and, I can't seem to find accurate information for "Stuck in the Middle." I believe it came out in '72, but I can't seem to find original album information...only compilations and "greatest hits" releases.

Any help?
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OJ7QQqaYKA&annotation_id=annotation_578474&feature=iv[/YOUTUBE]

Dunno, but thanks for posting :music:

Damn...this one, too...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzUQZw3wfro[/YOUTUBE]

I know what you mean, I have the same problem with my MP3s, I hate when I go to look up the album information and it says something like "Screweys greatest hits of the 70s volume 4"...

or in the above case : "Reservoir Dogs OST"...

Just been playing the best fucking game in history. It's called Brutal Legend for the Xbox360, and you basically just spend your time running around beating up monsters with axes and guitars, or vanquishing them with spells and shit, and all to the tune of Megadeth's Tornado of Souls :cool:

^Tornado of Souls is easily in my top 5 megadeth songs of all time. I love that song.

Features the voices of Rob Halford, and Lita Ford. How "rock" is that?

punk.gif

23.gif

319.gif

How is CS:Source still fun?

I just played about 30-40 minutes of it after not touching it in about 2 years and it was still a great time. :hmm:

Just been playing the best fucking game in history. It's called Brutal Legend for the Xbox360, and you basically just spend your time running around beating up monsters with axes and guitars, or vanquishing them with spells and shit, and all to the tune of Megadeth's Tornado of Souls :cool:

Interesting....ChelsDS, in another thread, stated the game is too short and kinda lame...:lol:

I just reinstalled Grand Prix Legends and GTR 2.

I've already started modding them, especially with these two biggies.

Now to set aside some time away from these two and Team Fortress 2 to reinstall LFS and rFactor...

I played the demo for it last week and was equally as impressed. Jack Black in a game would be reason enough for me to buy this game and the demo did enough to make me want the game. The good folks at Penny Arcade have been on about this game as well.
Only problem for me though is that the game has come out at not the best time, with Borderlands and Forza 3 being released around the same time and CoD: Modern Warfare 2 in a few weeks and being on a tight budget its a game that i just simply want enough to buy. I'll probably end up getting it in a few months when hopefully it'll come down a bit in price.

Woohoo! My win 7 upgrade is in the mail! :D

Last edited:
Because it's timeless. Hell, CS 1.6 is still fun.

So true! I still play CS:S on the weekends I don't have anything else to do, and quite a bit (2-3 hours a night)

I just reinstalled Grand Prix Legends and GTR 2.

I've already started modding them, especially with these two biggies.

Now to set aside some time away from these two and Team Fortress 2 to reinstall LFS and rFactor...

I can tell you that especially GPL is a very dangerous game (as in "oh my gawd, I just wanted to start up one quick race and now it's 3AM and I still haven't had a proper race yet").

I really can't get a handle on GPL. I'm terrible at trying to drive those things!

GTR2 was fun, and I was able to drive most of the cars without too many dramas (loved the Ferrari 575) but it isnt much fun doing races because the AI are so rubbish sometimes. I think there's a bug somewhere in that the AI dont replace their tyres at pitstops which means by the end of the race they're soo slow. Dunno if that was ever fixed but it kinda kills it for me. Their pitstop strategies were also quite unimaginative in that they'd simply fill it to the brim each stop which meant they'd sometimes have to pit five or so laps from the end of the race!

Looking forward to rFactor2. Never got the first one but I'll have to get this because it's been so long since a decent sim. Still have high hopes for Codemaster's effort with the new F1 game coming next year...

I really can't get a handle on GPL. I'm terrible at trying to drive those things!

You could go for something like GTR evo and download the GTL and GTR2 mods for it. All the fun and less buggy..

edit. + you get the Nordschleife.

Last edited: