First Pictures of Lotus' 2010 F1-Car

This car is so slow. I can see it. They're gonna have fun next year...

:lol:

Unless you've seen the numbers from the CFD simulations and windtunnel results then how can you possibly say that? You should submit a resume so that when they finish their design they can submit it to you and you'll be able to go 'yay' or 'nay' :p

This car is so slow. I can see it. They're gonna have fun next year...

Computation fluid dynamics and wind tunnel dynamics ain't shit to a quick glance over the internet.

Someone call Mike Cascoigne, he's doing it wrong.

;)

Even if it doesn't look advanced; it's a first mock-up built "blind" as it were before they get any data back about it to begin adding/removing/tweaking parts of it. It's like a base template, so it won't look as intricate as a finished car.

Unless you've seen the numbers from the CFD simulations and windtunnel results then how can you possibly say that? You should submit a resume so that when they finish their design they can submit it to you and you'll be able to go 'yay' or 'nay' :p

A 16 year old probably shouldn't be saying that, but I know some aerodynamicists in a team that have been.

A 16 year old probably shouldn't be saying that, but I know some aerodynamicists in a team that have been.

You underestimate me. Using some Clarkson logic, if Lotus are slow next year, then I am an expert aerodynamisist.:p

Computation fluid dynamics and wind tunnel dynamics ain't shit to a quick glance over the internet.

Someone call Mike Cascoigne, he's doing it wrong.

;)

Even if it doesn't look advanced; it's a first mock-up built "blind" as it were before they get any data back about it to begin adding/removing/tweaking parts of it. It's like a base template, so it won't look as intricate as a finished car.

lol pwned :lol:

You underestimate me.

Possibly... the problem is that for most fans the more complex a car part the more advanced it is, however there are more fundamental problems in there (not least due to what appears to be an inelegant solution to the large fuel tank problem).

The car is also really very similar to a Force India in many ways, not a great starting point really.

Needs more MP4-24/BGP-001 nose. I hate the tall noses; they don't look nearly as flowing.

Yeah I always thought the noses on Force India's and Sauber's cars looked like awkward surf boards and ungainly which this car represents.

I noticed the test car is missing those vertical boards next to the side pods some teams use to mount their rear view mirrors on. Supposed to direct airflow to the rear wing...looks like a crucial oversight.

Just a wind tunnel mockup, they probably tossed it out there to say "hey we're working on an F1 and we're really crackin on it, give us some money."

Looks underdeveloped in comparison to the other car on this years grid, to me at any rate

Looks underdeveloped in comparison to the other car on this years grid, to me at any rate

This might be because it's at an early state of development ;)

Not really. Since Lotus & MalaysiaF1 really don't have anything to do with eachother, right?

Not really. Since Lotus & MalaysiaF1 really don't have anything to do with eachother, right?

Actually, Lotus is owned by Proton, which is an Malaysian company. So naming a team co-owned by Proton "Lotus" is only appropriate. We can complain all we want but as long as Lotus is owned by Malaysians, it's the logical choice for their F1 team's name.
On the other hand, Proton is too big to let Lotus F1's performance influence Lotus cars anyways.