Food! [The thread that started this section]

Bacon, fried sliced mettwurst and fried bread topped with cheese is one of the best breakfasts of all time!

The day will be full of win when you start it with bacon, yay!

My dinner tonight:

- Fried Pork stripes with onions, hot Balkan sauce and olive oil
- Boiled broccoli, covered with bread crumbs and garlic butter
- French fries

4032542775_ef0f8e7d47_o.jpg

My dinner tonight:

- Fried Pork stripes with onions, hot Balkan sauce and olive oil
- Boiled broccoli, covered with bread crumbs and garlic butter
- French fries

4032542775_ef0f8e7d47_o.jpg
finally someone with Plates that are even more ugly than mine ... :mrgreen: (go back two or three pages and see my green/white beauties)

Apart from that ...

homer+drool+2.gif

WANT WANT WANT!

I just made a sick-ass bomb diggity cheese and kielbasa cracker spread. It was rad to the power of sick nastiness.
BlaRo's Awesome Cracker Spread to the Power of Sick

A length of Hillshire Farms kielbasa
Almond cheese ball
Tarragon vinegar
Basil

Throw the kielbasa and a hunk of the cheese ball into a food processor. Chop until minced. Pour a teaspoonful of tarragon vinegar on top and sprinkle basil on top, to taste. Serve chilled on Town House crackers.
Also, because the Town House crackers are made with the build quality of a Fiat X1/9's rocker panels, they'll break in half with the slightest touch and ruin the cracker. So just crumble it and sprinkle the crumbs on top of the crackers. Score!

Party soup for 10-15 people

Here is the recipe for my favourite party soup. It's easy to make, although I don't know if all of the ingredients are available internationally. However, it's very easy and quick to make and has always been a huge success at parties.

Ingredients:

1 kg of Thuringian meat (spiced ground meat)
4 stalks of leek
200 g "Milkana Cream" processed cheese
200 g "Milkana Herbs" processed cheese
1 kg of canned mixed mushrooms
One and a half liters of broth from stock cubes
Mildly sweet Paprika powder
Butter
Heat resistant vegetable oil
4035499754_ca2b1e8966_o.jpg

First fry the meat at full power with a bit of heat resistant vegetable oil (I use rape oil, because it has a neutral taste) and add a good amount of paprika powder:
4035492254_2ef47d7906_o.jpg

Put the meat aside for later, when it looks like this:
4034738659_a70041a8c2_o.jpg

Wash and chop the leek:
4034739251_4746665986_o.jpg

Flush the mushrooms with hot, clear water and let them drip off in a colander:
4034740119_9b0c0175ff_o.jpg

Melt about 20 g of butter in a 5 liter pot, add the leek and let it poach a bit at medium heat:
4034740959_a5f7eec1a7_o.jpg

Add one and a half liters of water + enough stock cubes for that, put in the mushrooms and the meat, stir it nicely, turn the heat up till it cooks, then let it simmer with closed lid for about 15 minutes at medium heat:
4034741919_1ffa036697_o.jpg

Finally add the Milkana cheese and let it slowly melt into the soup. Then let the soup simmer with closed lid for another 10 minutes:
4035497460_71541e63ea_o.jpg

The final result:
4034743793_656c1bbae9_o.jpg

Add nothing and leave nothing away. Wait until you tasted the final result, then decide if you want to risk adding some chili or other spices -- most people are perfectly happy with the basic recipe, though.

Serve it with fresh baguette.

Bon appetit! :)

You do realize if you don't wash the leeks AFTER they're cut, it doesn't do any good because all the sand is up between the layers right?

Sand and dirt is inbetween the layers anyway, no matter if you wash it before or after you cut it. But you can assume that I washed them clean before I chopped them ;) Also I always peel off the first two layers.

Last edited:
Party soup for 10-15 people

First fry the meat at full power with a bit of heat resistant vegetable oil (I use rape oil, because it has a neutral taste) and add a good amount of paprika powder:
4035492254_2ef47d7906_o.jpg

You mean rapeseed oil right? Rape oil sounds so bad...lol.

That's what the online dictionary told me *lol*

Looks awesome!

In about a week I'll be in Las Vegas along with my best friend from Maine.
I want to take him to In-N-Out Burger to show him what a burger is supposed to taste like.

But I'm torn.

There are no In-N-Out restaurants back East. Could it be considered a form of punishment to expose someone to a food they'll never be able to get back home?

We've been friends for 30 years, and I don't want this to end it.

^ I can only say, best request for relationship advice ever! :lol:

:shock2:

Want. I've never even had lobster before but that looks fucking awesome.

WUT

Please do yourself the biggest favor ever and go splurge on some right now. The only shellfish I think that tastes as good or better is King Crab. But seriously, go eat some lobster.

So I was just making quesadillas and I had some leftover "meat" to add to it, so I thought what I would do is add grated cheese directly onto the griddle, have it melt, and then add the "meat" on top of that.

I've done this before with even just plain cheese, and I'm sure someone out there must have also done this as well.

Does this dish have an official name? The first time I made it it was just out of sheer accident/curiosity.

In about a week I'll be in Las Vegas along with my best friend from Maine.
I want to take him to In-N-Out Burger to show him what a burger is supposed to taste like.

But I'm torn.

There are no In-N-Out restaurants back East. Could it be considered a form of punishment to expose someone to a food they'll never be able to get back home?

We've been friends for 30 years, and I don't want this to end it.

Take him to a Five Guys, it's the closest we East Coasters can get to feeding our In-N-Out addictions.

Of course, the closest location for your friend in Maine is, unfortunately, in Nashua NH. That's what he gets for not living in a real state. ;)