BBC America Top Gear

JohnK

How many episodes are they behind?
The last new episode seems that they have already gone into reruns and did not show the episode with Jay Leno.

The last "new" season they showed was actually season 7 from 2005 and there were only 6 episodes. So BBCA is done with that one.

We are still waiting for them to show season 13 which is the one that aired this summer. That's the one with Jay Leno.

Someday.....

if your really wanting to see the new episodes, either torrent them form this forum or go or search www.streetfire.net for any episodes that your missing. episode guides are on the forum. streetfire doens't have alll of them but they do have most of them. if you can't find them google video always works

With Series 13 now being broadcast on SBS in Australia, BBC America should be more or less ready to show it (since it's already been "edited for content and to run in the time allotted").

I suspect -- as it was last year with Series 11 and 12 -- BBCA will start airing S13 about when S14 wraps up in the UK. End of the year.

If you don't want to wait for S13, either download the torrent pack or head over to the FTP section and learn how to download them that way. :nod:

The S6 reruns are on Fridays only, though, I believe. Mondays is S7, which would be ending November 16, followed by--presumably--"Best Of: The Special Guests" on the 23rd and the latest BBCA-compiled "Best Of" on the 30th. By that logic, could S13 follow that on December 7, maybe? (By then S14 would be halfway done in the UK.)

Look, I like Top Gear so much I will even teach you how to download the torrents if needed. When its on, Sundays 9 pm I am already looking.

IMHO, downloading the show is the way to go in the US.
I DL the shows to an external HD, then stream them from my computer through the network to a Xbox running XBMC connected to a 50" TV. You can watch the original shows as they ran on the Beeb without commercials. Whenever I need a Top Gear fix, I can just call a show up!

Plus the BBC broadcasts have the full News segments and original music soundtrack which is much better than the music used in the BBCA broadcasts

I admit that while I recorded Series 7 on my Tivo, I mostly ran it "in the background" while I was doing something else since it was my favorite Series and I knew all the cuts would annoy me. Still, I wanted to "do my part" to let BBC America know I appreciate them showing Top Gear in the US and to help the advertisement time they do sell become more valuable (since my Tivo activity is no doubt sent back to BBC America). It's the same reason I buy the US iTunes Season Passes and the Series DVDs even though I still just watch the BBC2 torrents.

If nothing else, it's all additional income going back to the BBC to be mixed in with the money they received from the UK Licensing fees to help keep Top Gear in production.

Picked up the season 10 BBCA DVDs to support their efforts here.

Yeah, I basically buy everything they put out there in DVDs and merch even though I already have all the eps, DVD rips, etc. I just feel like I should continue to support the show and kind of have the "right" to get the unedited eps when I don't pay a licence fee. That and it goes towards the "get James May a Ferrari" fund :lol:

It seems BBC America is so far behind...my friend was talking about a "new" ep they showed, which happened to be from series 7! I think my friend is just really far behind though:lol:
I've personally just gone over to the torrents...I hate how the American version is edited and cut. I do feel like I should support them in some way, though.

Comcast's On Demand library of TG from BBCA expires on 10/26. Only 4 episodes, and not sure if anything will follow, but there's some news.

It seems BBC America is so far behind...my friend was talking about a "new" ep they showed, which happened to be from series 7! I think my friend is just really far behind though:lol:
I've personally just gone over to the torrents...I hate how the American version is edited and cut. I do feel like I should support them in some way, though.

I have all the eps downloaded, but I am in the process of getting the DVD's a few at a time.

I have no problem at all in paying for Top Gear content, it's just so dang hard to get stuff here in the US unless you go online.

And some people just like to go to a store, pick up a DVD in their own hands...and buy it then. :)

It seems BBC America is so far behind...my friend was talking about a "new" ep they showed, which happened to be from series 7! I think my friend is just really far behind though. :lol:

This was actually the first broadcast of Series 7 on BBC America so it was "new" for that channel. :p

So how long will it be before BBC America airs Series 14 after it comes out in the UK? A year?

If last year/early this year, and what BBCA did with Series 11 and 12 is any indication, we'll be seeing 14 in the States around February-ish. At least I'm hoping they'll do that.