General Anime Thread

Ok, so Death Note just decided it didn't like its plot anymore, so it threw it away and bought a new one.

EDIT: I guess I may be jumping the gun here. I can see this possibly going in a direction that makes sense. But it's still weird.

Last edited:
the first 10 minutes of episode 1 was probably the most bloody and violent i've seen in any program or anime for a very long time. Definately shocking and just as memorable.

the fist 20-30 seconds of episode 4 of higurashi is what made it for me, it was when i said, yeah, i'm gonna stick with this one

Ok, so Death Note just decided it didn't like its plot anymore, so it threw it away and bought a new one.

EDIT: I guess I may be jumping the gun here. I can see this possibly going in a direction that makes sense. But it's still weird.

yeah, it's the same plot twist in which i stopped watching it

Just remembered about this

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DA9NPIoOZKM[/YOUTUBE]

Was on TV when I was young, also broadcast a couple of years ago. I remember loving the robotic horses.

Also does anybody remember a show with some guys in some sort of costumes shaped like planes?

Oh, and keep going with Death Note. Not sure about what plot twist you're talking about but things tend to clarify in time

Warning: plot twist below

Light
and
Misa
gave up
their death notes,
which means
they lose all memory of it.
Now there are
8 possible people
who
carry a death note
and I assume
we will be eliminating them one by one, Survivor-style

I hate spoilers :mrgreen:

The following is my speculation: (no second chances on this one)
Okay, just one
Light has a plan to re-acquire the death note, and somehow his memory. He intentionally had it given to someone who he would be able to catch. It would render the entire story moot if he had given up at that point and only surrendered the death note so he could prove his own innocence, abandoning his work (he considers himself a god). He must somehow be planning to resume it later.

Last edited:
^bang-on

^Oh, I see. I almost gave up at that point, but in my opinion things just get better and better after this low

You should give the two live action Death Note movies a try, they remain mostly faithful to the manga and anime series. Also they did a L spin off movie as well which kind of fits in with the two films. The films don't cover the entire series but they do enough to remain faithful.

can you all give me your top 5 weirdiest anime you have watched. I really want some crazy funny stuff. Kuchu Buranko was meh ok , give me more crazyniness. and i want to find that more crazy stuff that is not hentai.

Nooooooo I had written 3 of 5... damn have to do over =/
crappy no cache for text entry fields firefox!!!
And I'm doing the crazy funny stuff rather than just weird and not understandable...

Runners up: Oruchuban Ebichu, Popotan, Perfect Blue, Evangelion, Jungle wa Izumo Hare nochi Guu, Excel Saga, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Welcome to the NHK! (they are crazy but they still set up rules which they then stick to. without being too weird or creepy. except evangelion which is more along the lines of trying to hard to be deep)

5th place: Abenobashi Mahou Shoutengai - Weird... and doesn't explain itself untill the very end.

4th place: Pani Poni Dash - the constant toying with the 4th wall and aliens commenting on the goings on and the strange creature and and and and ... just watch it... it's hilarious.

3rd place: Alien Nine .... ok this is actually not as fun as pani poni, but since it's much MUCH weirder it deserves this spot, short synposis 3 12 year old girls are chosen to fight aliens... to do this they don't get big ass guns and mechas and stuff no they get rollerblades and an assortment of what looks like sports equipment.

2nd place: Aachi wa Ssipak - this black comedy set in a dystopian future where you get an awesome drug for doing the number two, with allot of over the top violence and just run of the mill crazy stuff...

1st place: Pretty much everything Studio 4C has done. Yeah Everything from Detroit Metal City to Memories.

pani poni dash and aachi wa sspak semms interesting. As for studio 4C which one would be the best as for so crazy stuff its funny ?

The two I mentioned, Detroit Metal City, it's fun if you can stand the awkward type of humour it has.
Memories isn't as fun but they're 4 short films of exceptional quality.
They've also done 2 other short film compilation definitely worth watching called Genius Party and Genius Party Beyond.
Tekkon Kinkreet is also worth watching if you liked aachi wa sspak.

I havn't seen everything they've done but most of it is very "artsy" and thus crazy.

^do i need to post more balant publicity.

on a unrelated note, i have a lot of Naruto to catch on.

balant publicity?
And even if you meant blatant I don't understand what you're trying to say...

like very very obvious publicity

but as you don't get money you can't really call it publicity, no?

Edit: and neither do I.... it's just like hmm the production companies are very important in animation... even in west with say Disney... you sorta know the stuff they create... right? same goes with Ghibli, Studio 4C, Gainax, Production I.G. etc, you know sorta what type of stories they will tell and in what way.

Last edited:
alright, lets start from zero again.

salle, i do believe you could enjoy certain anime that i have been mentioning quite repeatedly in this thread, so i don't feel the need to post it's name again as that could annoy the general public. Also, are you done with the tanker of Guinness i sent you a while ago? i need to refill it.

You mean Higurashi no Naku Koro ni? Watched 3 episodes of it when it aired, didn't leave a great impression on me so I stopped watching it... perhaps it's one of those series that makes more sense when watching them all in an afternoon.

And the sort of series I like the most are slice of life comedies and dramas... not psychological thrillers ;)

Ok, i respect that, everyone has different tastes, as long as you avoid Lucky star (i find it unbelievably boring).

Altough if you want senseless fun (and i do mean senseless, it doesn't make any) the pool episode of Higurashiwould do quite nicely