2009 Brazilian Formula 1 Grand Prix

There's a Star Trek pun in Kobayashi's name somewhere, but I can't find it. Seems like that's a no-win scenario...

No, that was the Katayama Maru ;)

The only one that's vaguely funny I can think of is Corn-on-the-Kobayashi unfortunately and it's pretty lame

I know I'm ridiculously late (internets been acting up) so I'll keep it brief: best race of the season :D!

Quick mention for Kobayashi (weaving aside) and Kubica as well for great races. You could tell it had been a while since Kubica had been on the podium, not even remembering where he was meant to stand :lol:

On Raikkonen/Webber....initially I thought it was a dodgy move when I first saw it, but after seeing Raikkonen's onboard, I'm not so sure. You can see that Webber was just ahead when he moved over, and Raikkonen hit his wing on his rear and then went off onto the grass. A bit too aggressive perhaps, but IMO more a racing incident.

On Trulli/Sutil....Trulli's fault for trying to overtake in such a stupid place, Sutil left him plenty of room, and he's making himself look a complete idiot. Ok you could excuse the 'heat of the moment' stuff but its days later, and he's still convinced he was right! Shame for Alonso, he was the innocent victim.

One final thought, and I suspect its not going to be a popular one. I know how popular Vettel is on here personality-wise, but personally I think he acted like a sore loser after the race (I thought so after Turkey as well, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt). Yes, I know the whole 'do you expect him to be happy, he's just lost the championship' routine, but come on, compare his reaction to Barrichello's, it wasn't gracious. I do like Vettel but I can't help think someone like Hamilton would have been slaughtered for such a reaction - and I'm not even a McLaren fan.

Last edited:
Barrichello is used to losing championships and he is much older than Vettel...wiser. Where as Vettel is a young racing driver, that gets worked up very fast.

And I don't what what's up with moaning abotu someone being a sore loser and such nonsense. What am I suppose to do when I miss out on something great? Smile and pretend Whooptido I'm so friggin happy for losing that.

No..I get pissed because I'm human and I have emotions. Being ''sporting'' is for wimps. That's my 2 cents..

Being sporting is for the experienced, you get pissed off in your own time.

I disagree Katie, I was quite shocked but pleasantly so at Vettel's reaction. Happy smiling Seb was gone, you could see how badly he wanted it and wants success. I gained more respect for him!

What was Vettel's "reaction"?

He was interviewed post-race by Lee McKenzie for the Beeb and he appeared very glum, almost angry, and certainly not in a mood for pleasantries. He issued some half-hearted congratulations, but you could see he was slightly bitter about his lost chance.

Vettel was quoted saying : Second is the first loser.

So now that he's holding provisional 2nd in the standings for now, he really does make himself look bad.

He's really what he is: a young, not-so-mature talented-though-makes-silly-mistakes driver with kiddy emotions. Needs experience.

What he did was this: He made himself truly believe he could still do it, which made him drive amazingly. I really think he could have won the last three races if it hadn't been for the rain in quali. It was the right thing to do, but of course when suddenly it got taken away from him, he had to face a larger realization than Barichello, who prepared himself for losing better.

What he did was this: He made himself truly believe he could still do it, which made him drive amazingly. I really think he could have won the last three races if it hadn't been for the rain in quali. It was the right thing to do, but of course when suddenly it got taken away from him, he had to face a larger realization than Barichello, who prepared himself for losing better.

That, I completely agree with you.

Vettel got all fired up, and then got shot down by his dismal qualifying performance in Brazil.

Yeah, thats what I thought he did as well. Though I'm not entirely certain he would have won both the races and even if he had, I think Button still would have champion.

I knew that some of you guys wouldn't agree but there you go, we all have our own opinions. I'm not going to bother trying to change anyones mind or argue, because what could we discuss if everyone agreed with each other!?

Last edited:
He's really what he is: a young, not-so-mature talented-though-makes-silly-mistakes driver with kiddy emotions. Needs experience.

Yeah, we need another faceless driver without any sort of noticeable personality spewing the same old lines for the cameras on the grid! :rolleyes:

I'm glad he didn't win this year. He's one of my favourite drivers (after Australia's Own Mark Webber?), but he doesn't have the experience of a WDC yet, and still made stupid errors. Australia was stupid, even though I maintain it was Kubica's fault, he should have eased and settled for 3rd or taken the fight to the next corner. Monaco was stupid too. He's made quite a few of these driver errors throughout the year and they aren't fitting of a champion. I'm glad Jenson won it as I feel he deserved it more. He made very few errors throughout the year and drove better than both Rubens and Sebastian.

I'm actually glad and thankful drivers show emotion. They become a lot more interesting when they speak their mind instead of becoming the boring one-dimensional character that seem as if they're reading cue cards. God forbid they show anger or resentment!