Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

If all the electrics work and there aren't any random clunks to be heard, the Passat is a nice, solid car.

^ Yeah there's nothing wrong with it, I would just prefer leather. However my dad is still not convinced he needs an expensive car as opposed to a small citycar etc. Both me and my mum would easily prefer a nice car that does long journeys better than the Kangoo. If we could I would give almost anything to get the Audi back again - that thing was heavenly ('03 A6 1.9TDi).

Leather is dumb it is miserable to sit on in the summer. I have leather and I had to buy cloth seat covers.

Yeah, that Passat is very comparable to Audis of similar vintage. We had a '97 and a '99 Passat as new cars, and while the doorlocks and suspension arms caused endless grief, they were otherwise very good cars. That one in the pic is a post-facelift model, and should have sturdier components in both areas.

Leather is dumb it is miserable to sit on in the summer. I have leather and I had to buy cloth seat covers.

buy some proper tinting, i've sat in leather on 50C days and it's fine, if the car is properly protected

buy some proper tinting, i've sat in leather on 50C days and it's fine, if the car is properly protected

I drive a convertible. How is tinting any help without a roof?

And add the fact we don't have massively hot summers like you - and it isn't as hot for as long. I prefer it by miles to cloth - just more comfortable (even though the seats in that Passat were very nice - I think I would be able to live with it). But it isn't entirely my choice.

i surrender, leather + open top is pointless, but then why would the top be down in hot weather...

I have used the AC less then 10x in 4 years of owning my car, the times I did had to be about 100 F and humid. If windows down/top up is not cool enough you are driving too slow :lol:

If you think leather is bad for seats try vinyl. I've taken an IR thermometer to the seats in the Mustang after 5 minutes in the sun, and they were 170?F.

Can't tell from your sig pic, but is that a black interior? If so, ouch.

Dark Ivy Gold, so fairly dark green with a gold sheen. Black would be worse.

Also, if you click the sig pic it takes you to the thread with pictures of the interior.

Last edited:
most of us dont have them fancy sigs with clicky things. other car that i would really really like to own

bleischsec1.jpg

I've noticed that, everyone is always all surprised when I tell them to click my sig for the thread :lol:

Occasionally I get random reps from people who either figure out they can click it, or accidentally click it and get lead to the thread. :shifty:

most of us dont have them fancy sigs with clicky things. other car that i would really really like to own

bleischsec1.jpg

Considering what you've said about nice cars in Honduras, how much bulletproofing would you need to have one of those and keep on living?

How much bulletproof do you need to survive a nuke again?

Wohoo. I changed my swaybar endlinks. The car is really tight now and there is no clicking when I go over bumps. It feels like new...or almost new. :)

Yeck. I've got a picture of the center caps I want, and 3 part numbers from the center caps, and GM is completely unable to figure out if they have them or not because I don't know what year and model it came from. Apparently their systems are so useless they can't plug in a part number and see if they have it.

Anyone have an idea?

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/10/23/175288107_tp.jpg

Last edited: