Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yeck. I've got a picture of the center caps I want, and 3 part numbers from the center caps, and GM is completely unable to figure out if they have them or not because I don't know what year and model it came from. Apparently their systems are so useless they can't plug in a part number and see if they have it.

Anyone have an idea?

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/10/23/175288107_tp.jpg

Those are from a Pontiac G6.

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results.cfm?singlepart=1&AddPartNumber=17800090&partnumber=17800090

This has most likely been posted here before, but worth another attempt. The club's member look as I would have imagined them.

[YOUTUBE]0dGYI-rwjng[/YOUTUBE]

This has most likely been posted here before, but worth another attempt. The club's member look as I would have imagined them.

[YOUTUBE]0dGYI-rwjng[/YOUTUBE]

5:22, that's an Astrali steering wheel, IN AN ALLEGRO! :lol::lol:

I've got one exactly like that for my car :|

Dear Lord, what a bunch of lunatics!

Oh and that convertible...was it really factory made?

5:22, that's an Astrali steering wheel, IN AN ALLEGRO! :lol::lol:

I've got one exactly like that for my car :|

I was too distracted by the druggy driving it.

Sad day :( Simply parked up the BMW (driven by my mum, a super law-abiding, always signalling and never flashing lights, nice road user), and next day...
Before
DSC04193-1.jpg

After
DSC04346.jpg

Prime suspect:
DSC04348-1.jpg

If the owner fool with itchy hands were to read this post, though quite unlikely, I want to inform you that heaven has eyes! you'll find your 730Li badges disappearing suddenly within a week or so, and if further investigations find you at fault, be prepared to have a taste of my revenge.

Vehicle No.: SGHXX67Z
Vehicle Type: P10 - Passenger Motor Car
Vehicle Attachment 1: No Attachment
Vehicle Scheme: Normal
Vehicle Make: B.M.W.
Vehicle Model: 730LI
Engine Capacity: 2996 cc
Maximum Laden Weight: 2415 kg
Unladen Weight: 1910 kg
Year Of Manufacture: 2006
Original Registration Date: 26 Jun 2006

Last edited:
So do you know it was them, or do they just park in the spot next to yours?

^ We may have a history of bad relations with them, though we're not exactly sure if it's them, because we suspect they've swapped number plates with their other car, an S class :/

Otherwise, it's another group of people/person.

So let me get this straight, you've got no evidence that they scratched your car, yet you're just going to go right ahead and damage theirs?

Wow, some BMW drivers really are arses.

Bottom line - you don't know for sure it was them, so stealing their car badges makes you a common vandal.

Last edited:
Is caning still practiced in Singapore? Whoever did that sounds like a prime candidate to feel the sting of the cane.

Are you surprised?

On topic, Homer_Bart - please make sure it's really their fault before defacing their car.

So let me get this straight, you've got no evidence that they scratched your car, yet you're just going to go right ahead and damage theirs?

Bottom line - you don't know for sure it was them, so stealing their car badges makes you a common vandal.

I agree. You should at least damage every other car within a 100ft. radius just in case.

^ We may have a history of bad relations with them, though we're not exactly sure if it's them, because we suspect they've swapped number plates with their other car, an S class :/

Otherwise, it's another group of people/person.

So...why would owners of an S-class and a 7-Series do something to a car which, if done to theirs would cost them more money?

So I went to test drive a Prius today out of curiosity.

I've never, ever felt so bored in a car that I could literally fall asleep at the lights. To be fair, I can understand now why the average person might think getting a Prius is a good idea. (Note: understand does not equal agree)

No worries guys, I won't do anything to their car anymore, guess it was simply out of anger just now. So now, we'll just have to fork out the money to pay for the repairs :<

At least this was much less damaging than what happened to our Accord a few years ago.

First, it had cat's hair strewn all over the bonnet, must have been a bad day for the cat. Then, the idiot scratched every single body panel on the car as he circled TWICE around it, and even not missing out to scratch the lights too :-x

So I went to test drive a Prius today out of curiosity.

I've never, ever felt so bored in a car that I could literally fall asleep at the lights. To be fair, I can understand now why the average person might think getting a Prius is a good idea. (Note: understand does not equal agree)

That's exactly what I thought after driving the Prius as a zipcar member.

5 sentence review:

1. Visibility out the rear, between the pillar obscuring the rear 3/4 and the split window out the back, is poor.
2. The brakes are fine until you come to a dead stop, then they make a weird clunk sound. Could have just been the one I was driving.
3. The shifter and parking brake are kind of shit to use. The parking brake is one of those footbrake jobs, which sucks, and the shifter feels more electronic than mechanical (I like to feel my autobox lock into drive rather than just have a computer screen update).
4. It's slow as balls, though I can forgive that

But worst of all, what I absolutely cannot forgive:
5. The steering is power boosted to the point of having absolutely no feedback at all. None. At all.

Points 1 and 5 sound like most modern cars I drove recently.

Have you seen the state of rear windscreen wipers on most modern cars? These things are hopeless because most rear screens these days are tiny and useless...

Same thing for the steerings, it seems like they are designed for people with no arms so that they can steer just by blowing air on it. And they still manage to add shit "City" features on them to make them even lighter!

Last edited:
Dear god...
DSC04307.jpg

"Be Kind To Animals, Go Vegetarian"

In other news, the Rolls Royce is fixed :D
DSC04315.jpg

Last edited:
My parents are thinking about replacing the Volvo with an Audi A6 4.2 Quattro :eek::w00t::w00t::w00t: