H1N1 vaccine: are you getting it?

H1N1 vaccine: are you getting it?

• Yes

Votes: 31 17.0%
  • No

Votes: 151 83.0%

• Total voters
No. I don't interact with that many people during my day, so I don't really need it.

Never had a flu shot. Don't feel the need for one now either.

It's free, so I'll get it. I'd rather get immunity via vaccine than by getting the damned flu.

No, no, no, no, no, a thousand billion zillion times no.

I hate needles.

I hate needles, but I'm still going to get it. I have zero desire to get sick, it appears to be getting more serious than the cases this summer, and my friends who got it this summer (and my younger brother) essentially vanished off of the face of the earth for two weeks because they were so sick they couldn't get out of bed.

Yes, It's free and i have astma... Already had the first shot.

No, I dislike needles but if I'm going to get it I'm going to get it anyways. Whether I get it by being with other people or that the shot fucks up and I get it that way.

Nope, not getting it.

I already had swine flu (about a month and a half ago), and I'm fine.

No. I'm not in the risk group and I always pwn viruses in the face.

Nope, i was talking with a doctor the other day, sort of a family friend, basically he said it was all a scheme for some pharma companies to get some cash.

Last edited:
Nope. I MAY have already had it but kicked it in the teeth within 2 days. My dad definitely (medically confirmed) had it a few weeks after I was sick and I didn't pick it up off of him. That and I have no GP at this point (Well, I suppose my old pediatrician would get that title by default, but I haven't been there in a decade) and therefore getting any kind of routine medical care would require filling out way too much paperwork and testicle-fondling and being lectured about my lifestyle choices than I care to deal with.

... And I figure that since the government is out to ruin the healthcare system, I may as well keep putting it off so I only have to do it once.

[...] and the natural immunity is better than a vaccine. That and I'm terrified of needles....
x2

In the last 15 years I was ill for about 5 days altogether so why should that be different now?

I think I already had it a couple weeks ago so yeah

Well, the rollout of vaccine is underway in Oz at the minute. Considering there were very few deaths related to the Swine Flu here earlier in the year, and after about 6 weeks of the first case, the Health Services stopped screening people and were encouraging people to just take the day off if they were getting sick. Only if there were specific symptoms were they to present to the Swine Flu clinics. By the time it comes back here it'll probably have mutated strain, so no point in getting it now. It's like the normal flu vaccine, you're being vaccinated against the previous mutation, not the current one.

So, no.

No way man, the vaccine is a government conspiracy to plant mind control chips in our bodies and makes sure we keep drinking the right cola. No way the man is going to control me!

It's free so I don't see why not.

no. Don't like needles, and H1N1 is no more severe than most forms of seasonal flu, and I don't get shots for the other forms.

No.

And by definition Swine Flu (H1N1) is one of the least effective and contagious (that's what the 1s mean) there is. Seasonal Flu is H3N2, and obviously kills many more people than this swine nonsense. Man up, and stop listening to the press.