Google Wave - Google's FliFacemailbookkr

Sir Stiggington

Car(s)
McLaren Mercedes MP4/23 :P
This is pretty neat, Google has developed what it believes is the successor to email:

What is a wave?

A wave is equal parts conversation and document. People can communicate and work together with richly formatted text, photos, videos, maps, and more.

A wave is shared. Any participant can reply anywhere in the message, edit the content and add participants at any point in the process. Then playback lets anyone rewind the wave to see who said what and when.

A wave is live. With live transmission as you type, participants on a wave can have faster conversations, see edits and interact with extensions in real-time.

Check it out...
http://wave.google.com/

FIRST!

Give invite! <3

Kthx.

If someone has an invite, i'd like to try it out :)

Anyone have a Wave going? If so, invite me to your Wave (I already have a Wave account). My username @ gmail.com.

Sounds awesome! I requested an invitation, let's see where this goes.

^ Nowhere any time soon. I requested one a couple of weeks ago. :p

I'm sure it's great in a production enviroment. But replacing the simple ruggedness of e-mail between two recipients? Nah.

I'm sure it's great in a production enviroment. But replacing the simple ruggedness of e-mail between two recipients? Nah.
I thought so, too, but I often do have conversations with customers with at least three mail exchanges, often more. I wouldn't mind waving those as well.

meh need invite.

http://img36.imageshack.**/img36/6326/jizzinmypants.jpg

I hope Wave comes with a new set of pants... and I'm not even halfway through their 80min demo :love:

So does mean you can work on a single document at the same time? It'd be great for things like editing or group assignments/projects.

So does mean you can work on a single document at the same time? It'd be great for things like editing or group assignments/projects.

erm the google docs does that righ now :p

But this allows everyone to see changes real time, and I don't think docs does that.

Didn't they allow invites before? Now no one can give any :( But if you can I'll take one plz

But this allows everyone to see changes real time, and I don't think docs does that.

yes it does the changes in real time (tried with 3 other people over 3 different cities) and its nearly real-time to have "chat" with your mates about who does what in the docs.

Well then I dunno.