Forza Motorsport 3

I think no , BUT you can try to take a Acura NSX round Laguna Seca just like JC

Well i wasn?t on the limit all the time but i dont think a 7:39 is possible with me driving .... Can some decent driver give this a try ? (I?m looking at you Mad Cat 360 :D)

Last edited:
Does anyone share my irrational hate for the Sedona tracks? I can't like them for some reason.

Does anyone share my irrational hate for the Sedona tracks? I can't like them for some reason.

Is it the blind crests that throw you into the gravel if you don't slow down enough? I really like them for that exact reason. :)

I really hate them as well... Dunno why, but taking a R3 Reventon round in the championship was awful...

Is it the blind crests that throw you into the gravel if you don't slow down enough? I really like them for that exact reason. :)

Can't say it's that. I like challenging circuits and it has some nice bits, but can't say I crash more than usual or hate the crashing. It might be the depressing dead environment or something and the freaking low sun that makes you blind!

Wish we had Bathurst for the V8 Supercars, they are homeless with no Aussie tracks. :(

Um....

Not shipped yet.
Estimated delivery: 27 October 2009

:|

The Gamestop guy is a tough nut. He's playing hardball with the release date. Usually they don't really give a shit for a lowly racing game. Oh, well I'll hit the second shift up this evening.

my local gamestop would not budge and ive been on a first name basis with the manager for like 5 years. and now im back at school and have no way to pick up my LCE which has been almost completely paid off in advance. Damn It

Can some decent driver give this a try ? (I?m looking at you Mad Cat 360 :D)

I'll give it a whirl if and when GameFly decides to send it to me. :D Oh wait, I don't have the VIP status so I can't use the Scud... maybe I will just go out and buy the LCE. I really want those superlights. But it's 80 bucks...

Last edited:
This is the most fun I've had in a racing sim since gt4. I've been playing NFS:Shift a lot lately, so at first the controls felt horrible, but once I turned off some of the assists and got acclimated I've come to realise just how much better the driving physics are than Shift. It still feels a bit like you're floating along the track on a cloud but it's much better than in other games (e.g. Grid). The AI is decent and not suicidal like Shift so I can actually feel comfortable putting the difficulty to hard and come out in first.

The performance rating system seems odd to me. Adding a front and rear wing on my mk4 R32 actually lowered the performance rating due to the increased weight, so I was able to add other parts and stay below the next class. I figured the rating would take downforce into consideration, but I guess not. Also, adding adjustable anti-roll bars has no effect on the rating either, which seems weird.

<tantrum>
WHY NO MKV R32!??!?? STUCK WITH MKIV RAAWWRRR!!!
</tantrum>

Actually, it's a great starter car and the engine noise is spot on to the real car, and after adding huge wings and adjustable tranny/suspension it drives like a dream. It seems like upgrading to the adjustable tranny and suspension is the golden ticket for winning most races. I'm actually having fun fiddling with setups for different tracks. It's nice that you can fail miserably on a race, restart, change your tuning, and try it again without getting a negative mark on the race results. I wish you were able to change parts at the same time as changing the tuning.

I feel bad for everybody who paid for the game and hasn't gotten it yet. As for LCE vs regular edition, I can't really say since I wouldn't spend $60 on a game let alone $80, but it does seem weird that transferring all the cars/tracks from the second disc totals less than 2 gigs of data.

GameStop just texted me, I can have it in 18 hours.

1012.jpg

The Gamestop guy is a tough nut. He's playing hardball with the release date. Usually they don't really give a shit for a lowly racing game. Oh, well I'll hit the second shift up this evening.

Yes they do care, they get charge $5000 per game they sell, then can loose the game all together, if it was a smaller company they would stop sending Gamestop ALL of their games.

It isn't worth giving some guy a copy to lose your job and pay the fine so stop bugging them.

Oh, I was nice about it. Maybe a two minute phone call, I just asked him if he could make an exception since I have a bad case of Swine Flu and the doctors don't think I'll make it through the night. Plus I told him if I didn't die today I had to get a Rabies shot and then go to my dogs funeral tomorrow. I've worked with the general public, you get nothing for being an ass. More often then not though you get what your looking for if you come off likable and understanding. I can't really blame the guy on the other end for doing his job, hopefully it was a slightly entertaining call at the least.

Back when I was in high school I used to get early copies all the time from a friend who worked at a games store. But back then it wasn't as big of a deal either, before the advent of live, etc.

Ok, getting my copy (hopefully) tomorrow if the mail doesn't have any weird problems. I first thought that I'd buy it after christmas when almost everything is on sale but after all this talk I couldn't push it back any further.

Why do they give me a VIP membership if I can't acces to the storefront??

That's just stupid (except for the extra cars of course).

You're almost bordering on troll status at this point mate.

:p

My S700 Porsche Carrera GT is awesome, did 7:40 from standstill at Nurb...then crashed at T1 on my flying lap doing about 300 km/h. :lol:

You're almost bordering on troll status at this point mate.

:p

No
I'm not trolling at all. Seriously.

But why do they ban the entrance to the marketplace to anyone with a Silver Account??? Do I have to pay a monthly fee if I want to share and buy cars?? Do I have to pay to post the pictures I've taken and share them with you? Do I have to pay (again) to get access to the cars they gave me buying the LCE?

The problem is with the Xbox Accounts and the stupid silever account ban to the marketplace not the game (which I'm enjoying a lot ^_^)

My S700 Porsche Carrera GT is awesome, did 7:40 from standstill at Nurb...then crashed at T1 on my flying lap doing about 300 km/h. :lol:

thank god for the rewind button

thank god for the rewind button

Well, yeah could have used it, but wanted to go for a proper hotlap so I just quit for today.

It sucks when your outlap takes more than seven freaking minutes, wish they'd start the clock at the right start/finish line at the pits and not on the straight. Although, it does make last parts of the lap a lot easier this way.

Last edited: