James May: The weekly Telegraph column by James thread

Clearly, with all the confusion he is encountering with the 308, he should move on to the 355 (Spider, of course).

355 Spider, reviewed by the man he replaced on Top Gear.

Yeah, a good one is ?40,000+ but, the noise, the performance, and I have to say the looks, blow the 308 clean out of the water. It's also a car that goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, sounds amazing, and one that I absolutely idolized in my late teens. The 355's credentials really speak for themselves.

Magnum P.I. had a 308. The 'stache can't ever be wrong.

Yellow? Seriously? Yellow?! Oh, the de-ja-vu...

Good lawd, James, go with the blue!

I don't know. Yellow is not that bad.

e6bmzm.jpg

Most of the not-a-dudes -including me-seem more interested in te colour than the type of Fezza. Glad to see we are living up to prejudices. :D

Clearly, with all the confusion he is encountering with the 308, he should move on to the 355 (Spider, of course).

Yeah, a good one is ?40,000+ but, the noise, the performance, and I have to say the looks, blow the 308 clean out of the water. It's also a car that goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds, sounds amazing, and one that I absolutely idolized in my late teens. The 355's credentials really speak for themselves.

Absolutely, it's Jezza's favourite if I remember correctly (although maybe that's why James wants th 308 ;)) and I prefer it too
As a not-a-dude I refuse to conform to steotype, don't care about the colour :p - James, it's 355 time

I have decided that is my ultimate car. I want it more than anything. That styling and that noise.

Most of the not-a-dudes -including me-seem more interested in te colour than the type of Fezza. Glad to see we are living up to prejudices. :D

Hmmmmm, I think he has already decided on what he wants, we just need to help him out on color I think. :p:D:lol:

Yellow? Seriously? Yellow?! Oh, the de-ja-vu...

Good lawd, James, go with the blue!

IF I remember correctly, yellow is Ferrari's traditional racing color. Or rather it used to be. One of the reasons the Dino was yellow (not always of course).

IF I remember correctly, yellow is Ferrari's traditional racing color. Or rather it used to be. One of the reasons the Dino was yellow (not always of course).

Yellow has always been the national racing color of Belgium, so I'd be surprised if Ferrari used it other then on "special occasions" like the yellow Ferrari 156 run at the 1961 Belgian Grand Prix by Olivier Gendebien from Belgium (the sister car was Rosso Corsa).

The United States used to be red during Gordon Bennett Cup of 1900-1905, but in the 1920's Italy adopted it (Rosso Corsa) and all their motorsport marques (including Ferrari) have raced under it.

Hmmmmm, I think he has already decided on what he wants, we just need to help him out on color I think. :p:D:lol:

Absolutely! :cool: (I'm not into yellow as a car colour. Doesn't work for me for some reason.)

Hrm...

That's not why I was sensing de-ja-vu, though. (Hint: 7x04, or the second episode of Petrolheads.)

Hrm...

That's not why I was sensing de-ja-vu, though. (Hint: 7x04, or the second episode of Petrolheads.)

The car in 7x04 is a Ferrari 308 GT4, not a well liked car. It replaced the 246 Dino, a car that I, and many others like but, is slow just the same.

Dino:
ferrari_dino_246_gt_red_600x400.jpg

This is one of the best Fifth Gear episodes ever! If they are gone forever, I will truly miss Fifth Gear.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOSTRhT1gJ4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvEmvEiyS34[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXMpPxjiDH0[/YOUTUBE]

That should help explain Ferrari a little.

Edit: Thought I'd add a (dreaded) Wikipedia link to the the 308GTB. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_308_GTB

Last edited:
Last edited:
Last edited: