Rampant sexism?

?Blokiness?, claimed May, who is best known for his presenting role on the BBC motoring show Top Gear, alongside Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond, who had a near fatal crash in a jet propelled car in 2006, ?has come to mean a sort of supposedly endearing hopelessness, and I think blokes are doing themselves a bit of a disservice. Because I think the point of being a man is that you?re supposed to be dependable and you should be able to have a go at anything. And that includes things that we have now decided are on the girly side, like cooking or reading the poetry of WB Yeats.?

FTFY

Top Gear and Final Gear sexist? OFFS! Just 'cos some silly little tart has got her knickers in a twist? She should stop worrying her pretty little head about it, leave the computer alone 'cos she's bound to break it, go and touch up her make-up and get back in the kitchen where she belongs!!!!!!!

^ :lol:
Note to new members or those members who have their sarcasmometer not yet switched to daylight saving time, MWF is taking the piss.

Top Gear and Final Gear sexist? OFFS! Just 'cos some silly little tart has got her knickers in a twist? She should stop worrying her pretty little head about it, leave the computer alone 'cos she's bound to break it, go and touch up her make-up and get back in the kitchen where she belongs!!!!!!!

I just broke a nail over that one.... :lol:

Of course TG is sexist; thats part of what makes TG and the rest of the hosts so great is that they're edgy and piss off just about any group all the while taking the piss on themselves and their own affiliations.

James May's comments however were pretty tame compared to the bikini babes and May's creepy and awkward behavior to sexy women. Anyone remember those bloopers where JC was just staring at a woman's breasts? lol Just like the eco-crazies, Germans, celebrities, etc.; TG shits on them all! OP must be new or trying to stir a bee-hive since this topic is a broken record around here.

I don't think some user comment on The Times' website deserves it's own thread. :lock:?

motivation_sexism.bytt6xqgfbsck8sw08kkok080.ap2qhjyqp08cgc0c80ss4cco4.th.jpeg

Besides Top Gear can't be sexist.

Look I mean

The main host is Jeremy, a man.
The secondary host is Richard, a small man/boy
The Final host is James, a dog.
The producer is Wilman, a god.
And the Stig is James's mom.

See all colors of the spectrum are covered. Apart from x-rays. They're lame.

Well it could be called sexist in that it calls certain characteristics "male" or "blokish" and that it often enough defines things as "girly" or "boyish". Now I'm not saying they've invented gender stereotypes, but they don't try to break them either, because that's PK and Top Gear isn't about being PK it's about being slightly naughty, because we all know that women and men do behave differently and it irks (most of) us whenever we see TV-shows where they pretend and overcompensate to hide the fact that that's true.

?Blokiness?, ..., ?has come to mean a sort of supposedly endearing hopelessness, and I think blokes are doing themselves a bit of a disservice.

i agree with this. its incredible how its ok to quip that men cant multitask and generally put blokes down. but apparently you are not allowed to comment on the stereotyping of men as being hopeless because that ,somehow ,is now derogatory to women. some people need to stop thinking the world revolves around them.

Well it could be called sexist in that it calls certain characteristics "male" or "blokish" and that it often enough defines things as "girly" or "boyish".

the simple fact is there are things that are of interest etc to more men than women and the reverse is true as well. this isnt sexist, its the truth. that in no way excludes individuals from being interested in whatever they want.

because we all know that women and men do behave differently and it irks (most of) us whenever we see TV-shows where they pretend and overcompensate to hide the fact that that's true.

yes most of the media is PC crazy in fear that someone will complain of sexism.

People are way too overly sensitive these days.

I didn't know the topic had already been done to death. I was just commenting on the letter in last week's Radio Times.

Last edited:
Yeah, let's see more Stig kitties.

I'm a big fan of the pink usernames. Convenient indicator of which posts in a thread I can skip over.

ROFL, brilliant!! :lol: :mrgreen:

Seriously?

hba_midol_extend_p.jpg

Works wonders, hon.

(Also: kittystig ftw!)

Yeah, cleaning the bathroom....inventing the wheel, winning the Nobel prize for peace, taking the Formula 1 crown from Jensen Button, writing all of the plays previously attributed to Shakespeare, beating Stephen Hawking in debate at the Oxford union and of course dying my hair blonde and shaving my legs - I'm such a busy, busy girlie.:p