Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

I have one question for the Northerners. How long is driving school in Finland? I've heard it's considerably longer than the five weeks with 30 driving hours we get here but what's the exact figure?

Probably didn't apply to trucks until later, anyway.

Must be something completely different for trucks. Mothers' F150 has a 35 gallon tank.

Been looking on-line for some part of the day for 3-door Ford Sierras. Haven't found anything and the local auto forums aren't helping, as usual. Somebody asked if I don't want an E30. I said that if I wanted a BMW I would've asked for one. Not that I have anything against the car, just the image of the drivers over here: youngsters with body kits, fart can exhausts and no respect for traffic laws at all. I don't need that image.

Frustration.jpg

edit: Shit, just checked my thread on the local Ford Club forums. I'm being told that model is very rare here and chances are slim that I find a nice one if one at all. I hate car searching when everything fun/interesting is either rare/expensive

Last edited:
Are you looking for a mk. 1 or a mk. 2 Sierra?

Must be something completely different for trucks. Mothers' F150 has a 35 gallon tank.

I suspect it never applied to trucks. My F150 has a 25 gallon tank and if I had a long bed it would have been a 30.

Jag's up for sale. Just not using it often enough or properly enough.

But.....but it's a Jaaaaaaag

First of all, I am partly to blame for this because I have a Facebook account. The irony is that I got it so that a few impersonal updates now and again satiate the thirst for personal contact that some people have and they don't contact me personally.

That being said, Honda has really be pushing their advertising on social networks like Facebook. In addition to the ads featuring the automotive-naive gushing about their 10 year old Civic and how it once drove them somewhere without the wheels flying off, Facebook is inundated with ads encouraging people to become fans of Honda or join the "I love my Honda" group. Don't have a Honda? No problem, just join the "Everybody knows somebody who loves a Honda" group.

Most of you know about my recent experience with Honda North America and their half-assed repair of my car. My brother owns an Acura and faced weeks of fighting with the dealerships in the area and the regional headquarters to get some warranty work done.

So one day last week I decided that I needed to express my frustration with minimal effort and in a rather passive-aggressive way.

So I created the "Everybody knows somebody who hates Honda" Facebook group; an empty and pointless gesture, but damn it felt good.

Jag's up for sale. Just not using it often enough or properly enough.

:hug:
But.....but it's a Jaaaaaaag

He lives in boston, it's driving hell. If I moved into boston my car would still live here and It would rarely be driven.

So I created the "Everybody knows somebody who hates Honda" Facebook group; an empty and pointless gesture, but damn it felt good.

If I didn't hate facebook so much I'd totally join that.

I have one question for the Northerners. How long is driving school in Finland? I've heard it's considerably longer than the five weeks with 30 driving hours we get here but what's the exact figure?

Can't speak for Finland but here there are a written test and a driving test you need to pass. There is also the skidpadthingy that you need to do, but you can't really pass or fail it. You simply need to have done it. Other than that there are no mandatory "school" that you need to do, but the tests are quite hard so you need to do your homework or you will fail. You can of course go to a driving school if you want to.

And it will probably be quickly deleted, as they don't want to offend their advertisers. <_<

Last edited:
no-darth_vader.jpg

Wait...how much? :shifty:

His Jag is reliable and thus has no soul. A TR6 however will be like being inside Stevie Wonder.

Last edited:
I was just poking around in the basement and found a tire I can swap into the place of the one that's worn to everlasting crap. Once more actually bothering to put proper winter tires on gets put off on account of being a cheap son of a bitch.

His Jag is reliable and thus has no soul. A TR6 however will be like being inside Stevie Wonder.

British cars don't leak, they mark their territory.

The headlights don't work?

No, the oil from the engine sprays all over the windscreen.

:D