90's japanese sports cars top 5

^would you call an slk a sportscar?

for me, a sportscar has to be focused on performance. the mx5 is just a fun car to drive, but no way hardcore enough to be labelled a sportscar

like the S2000, that is in my eyes a sportscar

It doesn't need to be focused or hardcore if it's good at it. The Miata/MX-5 is good enough at being a performance car (handling-wise, at least) that it doesn't need to be Elise- or even S2000-level hardcore; the SLK, on the other hand, is just a soft cruiser and isn't a sports car.

SLK is not a sports car. I've warned my dad about this but he told me to fuck off and leave him & his convertible dream alone :lol:

But I did have the pleasure of stealing his car when he is not around though ! Tell you what, the SLK is a surprisingly good car to drive around, not so much when you want to attack the corners though.

Last edited:
S15 Spec-R
10902b2.jpg

Celica GT-Four S205
800px-GT-FOUR_ST205.jpg

SLK is not a sports car. I've warned my dad about this but he told me to fuck off and leave him & his convertible dream alone :lol:

But I did have the pleasure of stealing his car when he is not around though ! Tell you what, the SLK is a surprisingly good car to drive around, not so much when you want to attack the corners though.

I'm convinced I need to convince my dad to sell the diesel W204 estate and and buy a used SLK or a CLK.

Of course, he could get something reliable, too...

I'm convinced I need to convince my dad to sell the diesel W204 estate and and buy a used SLK or a CLK.

Of course, he could get something reliable, too...

SLK is not a bad car at all, but it's more of a cruiser with good handling characteristics than a proper sports car.

The ride is nice and firm, brakes have a good and progressive feel with strong feedback (not very Mercedes like). Hm... gearbox, meh.. Merc slush autobox, nothing epic, just leave it in D and you're good to cruise. Throttle response is on the weak side. Weight balance is somewhat acceptable, but don't expect BMW's 50/50 magic balance.

Interior is crap for Mercedes standards, too much plastic materials are used and they really have a "cheap" tactile feel to it. The removable hardtop is really the reason why you should buy the SLK (or the new Z4 for that matter), it really transform the car into an ultimate cruiser. And provided with a good chassis, the SLK is actually pretty damn enjoyable to cruise around in the twisty roads at 80% of the car's limit.

Forget the CLK, you need to be over 60 to appreciate that car. If it's not the sledgehammer AMG model, you can scratch the CLK from the list for good, it's an utter dreadful car to drive.

1. Honda NSX
IMG_8496.jpg

2. Nissan GT-R
skyline2.jpg

3. Mazda RX-7 FD3S
IMGP3025.jpg

4. Toyota Supra
toyota_supra_05_1024x768.jpg

5. Mitsubishi Evolution
250px-Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_I.jpg

6. Subaru Impreza
16052009715.jpg

Other nominees,
Honda Civic EK9 Type R
Honda Integra DC2 Type R
Mazda Miata

In no particular order:

Honda/Acura NSX
Mazda Miata/MX-5
Mazda RX-7 FD
Nissan Skyline R33
Nissan 300ZX

The Evo/STi are not sports cars, neither is the Pulsar.

1. Toyota Supra
377_2.jpg

2. Nissan Skyline R34
gtr_4.jpg

3. Honda NSX
Honda-NSX.jpg

4. Mazda RX-7
mazda_rx7.jpg

5. Mitsubushi 3000GT
Mitsibishi300GT.jpg

Last edited:
5. Mitsubushi 3000GT
Mitsibishi300GT.jpg

Have to go to bad and disagree on this one, other than the AWD version, the 3000GTs were FWD GT failboats that pretended to be in the same class as the Supra and NSX but didnt even come close. Which is why Mitsu's flagship sports car has always been the Evo (yes even tho its a 4 door).

NEW ADULT SPORTS

[YOUTUBE]YgrzA50V4XE[/YOUTUBE]

http://img40.imageshack.**/img40/1665/mazdarx7fc003.jpg

http://img52.imageshack.**/img52/8351/mazdarx7fc006.jpg

Adult Sports sounds like something competitive and not safe for work.

For some weird reason I really like these:
wnubl.jpg

Honda City Turbo - 110hp/750kg

post111098431840se6.jpg

Toyota Starlet GT - 135hp with adjustable boost.

And of course...
2216_5mg.jpg

Nissan March SUPER TURBO - 750kg, 900cc super and turbo charged at the same time, 110hp.
Just look at that engine:
2216_3mg.jpg

NEWAh AWWh EX SEWWANN ! :lol:

80ies commercials ftw! :D

It's probably one of my favorite commercials, even if it's '80s and not '90s. I love the Blade Runner theme there.

Another '80s favorite:

[YOUTUBE]V1ybHYKXfEo[/YOUTUBE]

Shame the song is impossible to find, and doesn't probably even exist outside that ad. It's like tailored faux Phil Collins.

I prefer it to a 944, looks-wise. The 968 might be better, but only just.